TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

Why are people considering Austin vs. Orton? I know it's in Texas, which seems to be the arguement for everything for some reason I can't quite fathom, but... just no. Aside from Austin's physical condition dragging down his performance, is there really anything for Orton to gain from beating a long retired wrestler?

LEGEND KILLER

Welcome to 5 years ago.

There has been serious talk of him coming back at Mania for one last match......so lets not act like it's not happening here. It's very possible, especially since nothing extremely groundbreaking is being penciled in at this point, they could pull this together with Austin. Apparently when this was first being discussed of having Austin work one more match, he wanted it to be against Rock one last time at Mania 25 according to the Observer. But that apparently got shot down fast by Dwayne.

That would have been a great main event. A double retirement of the two greatest stars of the attitude era, as both walk off together for the final time.

More or less, that's pretty much what their third WM encounter (19) was supposed to be.

Yeah do we really need another Rock/Austin match at WM? Weren't the previous three sufficient? In fact Austin wrestling anyone really won't be productive since he does nothing but attack people, bury opponents, and certainly won't do the job. Seriously, I can't imagine Austin putting over Orton at a WM in Texas.

Yeah do we really need another Rock/Austin match at WM? Weren't the previous three sufficient? In fact Austin wrestling anyone really won't be productive since he does nothing but attack people, bury opponents, and certainly won't do the job. Seriously, I can't imagine Austin putting over Orton at a WM in Texas.

Like I said, Rock/Austin isnt happening, it was just a desire of Austin's to have.

I could see Orton benefitting from being in there against Austin, but doubtful he would go over Austin, yet still get a nice rub by being in there with him.

Like I said, Rock/Austin isnt happening, it was just a desire of Austin's to have.

I could see Orton benefitting from being in there against Austin, but doubtful he would go over Austin, yet still get a nice rub by being in there with him.

Really? One of the top stars in the WWE needs the rub from a retired wrestler? That's my problem with Austin/Orton, or Austin being involved at all. The WWE has a nice roster right now, probably the deepest since 2000. Why use your biggest event of the year to put over guys who aren't wrestling?

Exactly. Stone Cold is one of the biggest stars of all-time. Of course, in kayfabe terms, Orton would love to end his career. While Randy doesn't need the rub, it'll just be a nice addition to accomplishments to his wrestling career. He's already been world champion multiple times and he's defeated countless wrestlers and legends, but he's never defeated Steve Austin.

No. They're calling it that and they're not gonna stop because some web nerds need to fulfill their desire to make sure everyone knows it's NOT their 25th anniversary. It's time for everybody to get over it.

He's pretending like he isn't to placate the Oscar voters until after the awards show, where he will reveal that he is doing it. Its pretty obvious since they're still building to it on Raw.

Some good match-ups there. I wouldn't mind seeing R-Truth/Cena, Henry/Show, Punk/MVP, HBK/Orton, and Hardy/Edge.

R-Truth/Cena would probably be a pretty crappy match but if done right, might make for an interesting angle. Have R-Truth call Cena out for losing his edge and being kid friendly, having everything handed to him while R-Truth came up on the streets for real, etc.

After tonight, the card looks like:

-Edge vs. John Cena

-Triple H vs. Randy Orton

-Shawn Michaels or JBL vs. The Undertaker (Money would be on Shawn)

-Jericho vs. ??? (Although, it looks like Austin will get this one)

They still haven't updated the WrestleMania history website, so there's still plenty of pictures of Chris Benoit on the site.

It's pretty lazy of them, really. They just add the original version into the archives. The WrestleMania 21 section is just the original version that was on the WWE.com frontpage in 2005. The WrestleMania 22 section is just the original version that was on the WWE.com frontpage in 2006, etc.

For WM XX's banner in the history section, it used to be Benoit and Eddie at the end with the confetti, but they took Benoit out and now it's just Eddie. I believe X7's used to be Angle vs. Benoit, but now it's Austin & McMahon. So they have actually made some edits.

There might be other photos on the site, but those two instances I actually remembered, some how.

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

DISCLAIMER: Take this report as a rumor for now as we'll likely update or correct the story as more information becomes available.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/920.html