TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

Change up MITB this year. Two briefcases up top. 10 guys.

Kofi, Miz, Morrison, Kane, Finlay, Kendrick, Zeke/Kozlov/Chavo, Bourne (if he's healthy, Knox if not), and the losers between Punk vs. Rey for the IC and MVP vs. Shelton for the US. Have WM open with the two lower tier title matches, or hell, have them be dark matches or be on the Raw/SD before WM, whatever.

You get a briefcase, you leave the match. When both are down, match over (duh). I'd say give Morrison one and Rey one after Rey loses to Punk. Since technically Morrison is an ECW guy with a Raw tag title, I'd have Rey shipped off to SD during the draft.

There are rumors about the winners of the two title matches would meet in a unification match.

Would that help the repeat nature of the match for some?

It gives the option of doing Cena/HHH, Edge/HHH, Edge/Orton, Cena/Orton

Maybe Edge could run in after losing to Cena, then attack Cena/Orton and become the Undisputed Champion! Anything can happen! It feels just like the good old Attitude days!

You know, I hope Freddie Prinze Jr. isn't able to read your mind from here. If that happens, I'm blaming you.

There are rumors about the winners of the two title matches would meet in a unification match.

Would that help the repeat nature of the match for some?

It gives the option of doing Cena/HHH, Edge/HHH, Edge/Orton, Cena/Orton

A better idea to me would be to just do a fatal four way elimination match (ala Mania 2000) between Cena/Orton/Edge/HHH and the winner is the unified champion. There could be interesting storylines between each guys in the match, past and present. Orton/Edge used to be a tag team, Cena/HHH have a history, Orton/Cena obviously have a story to tell, etc.

I'm for a unification match. A few weeks ago when it waslooking like it would be Orton/Cena and HHH/Edge I had mixed feelings. Orton/Cena seems like the big match of this generation. In my opinion this is the biggest match that could main event Wrestlemania. But I really didn't want to see a Triple H/Vickie Guerrero feud.

The way it's looking now (Cena/Edge, HHH/Orton) is okay....the HHH/Orton/Stephanie story should be interesting. Cena/Edge will also be a good feud. I just feel they are missing out on the Cena/Orton match at Wrestlemania. I'd love to see Cena/Edge happen and HHH/Orton happen- with the winners of both matches meeting in the main event.

I don't necessarily know if it's a good idea to combine the titles. Maybe the winner will carry both titles and defend them seperately.

I liked the floating champions idea when the did it the first time. Miz and Morrison are on every show anyway... they should unify the tag, womens and World titles and let them float to all 3 shows.

It would do something to make the IC and US titles a bit more important since they'd actually be featured on their programs.

And it could actually be a cool story line. Edge and Triple H can confront each other on Smackdown about who is the top champion. They'll feud and agree to a Champion vs. Champion match for Wrestlemania. But Orton won the Rumble and Cena still has a rematch clause to challenge Edge- setting up the three title matches at Wrestlemania.

Of course...Triple H wants to fight Orton anyways but...yeah, it would work.

I liked the floating champions idea when the did it the first time. Miz and Morrison are on every show anyway... they should unify the tag, womens and World titles and let them float to all 3 shows.

It would do something to make the IC and US titles a bit more important since they'd actually be featured on their programs.

This weeks SD spoilers state that

Miz/Morrison will take on the Colons for the WWE Tag Team Titles next week. Given the In Crowd's history, it wouldn't surprise me if they won and had both sets of belts.

I just thought about the card and I think they should do Punk vs. Rey for the IC title. Gives them each a semi-big match and brings some workrate to the show. It also would reward Rey for his stellar performance in the EC.

No. They're calling it that and they're not gonna stop because some web nerds need to fulfill their desire to make sure everyone knows it's NOT their 25th anniversary. It's time for everybody to get over it.

I just wish they would stop referring to it as the "25th Anniversary". Does no one in WWE know how to count?

You seriously don't have anything better to concern yourself with going on in your life? :huh:

What a petty thing to cry about

That would also have been an incorrect statement... I think. I mean, it was the 11th Mania event, therefore it would be the 11th Annual WrestleMania, correct? Anniversary wise, it would be the 10th.

You know what... this is stupid. Get over it, people.

I was really looking forward to Cena / Orton, but I think they switched it up not only because Orton / Helmsley has more backstory to it, but also because WWE got scared that Orton was getting more popular than Cena so they partly did it to protect John's image.

I could also see them doing a switch on Michaels / Undertaker since The Undertaker has never beaten JBL in a match other than DQs and count-outs.

Hogan said he will not be appearing at Wrestlemania 25. He and Vince were in discussions but in the end they couldn’t find something that would work. He said Vince’s anger over Celebrity Wrestling has blown over and they can speak to each other in a civil manner. The rumor that Hogan is skipping Wrestlemania over a money dispute is not true because Hogan wasn’t going to keep the money for himself. He was going to give every dime to John Graziano “since nobody is helping that kid”.

Does anybody know if Terry Funk is in any kind of shape to pull one last match? I think that Funk vs. Jericho would be really great if possible.

I think most people would have said no to that question about 5 years ago and it hasn't stopped him. He's been on 'one last match' for maybe 10 years now. I don't think 'one more one last match' would hurt, especially if it were a Wrestlemania payday, as opposed to some ECW reunion in front of 50 people.