TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

DISCLAIMER: Take this report as a rumor for now as we'll likely update or correct the story as more information becomes available.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/920.html

I had to bring this post back up from way back on about a month ago.....is this potentially accurate considering what went down on Raw last night?

Plus Hogan has been playing the media games like crazy lately, claiming he has talked to Vince but nothing is going to happen. Could be a swerve, you never know with Hogan.

Plus, one would think that if a Hogan deal does fall through or isn't completed, could Austin take a match against Cena?

Just seems like there is no way now they will just do another Cena/Edge match after them pulling it out of their asses on Raw tonight. I suppose Show/Cena/Edge is possible, but sounds horrible on paper.

I didn't realize Kozlov was undefeated going into Raw last night. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do Taker/Kozlov with one of them having a streak end? I know the match probably wouldn't be as good, but the storyline would make more sense.

My biggest question at the moment is: What is JBL going to do at Mania? I can't see them putting him in MITB, so there are really no opponents left for him on Raw (assuming Rey gets in MITB and Cena is in another match). With Vickie being GM of both shows, I don't see a Raw vs. Smackdown match happening just for bragging rights, so how will JBL get himself into a match with a Smackdown superstar? Or could he just be left off the card?

Only thing I can see happening is, JBL becomes involved with the HBK/Undertaker match to help one or the other win.

They should've had JBL get involved in the Michaels/Kozlov match last night. JBL goes after Michaels, Kozlov gets pissed & shoves JBL, JBL hits Kozlov giving Michaels an easy SCM & victory. JBL/Kozlov @ Mania. But, this whole mania is fucked. I would think matches for Mania are planned months ahead, but it seems like they're coming up with this card out of nowhere.

Also, if they add Cena to the Edge/Show match, it looks like the whole card will be interpromotional matches.

I think the plans have changed a lot because of Batista's injury and other opportunities popping up. It seemed for a while that Batista/Cena was the plan. Then possibilities of Hogan, Austin, and even Mickey Rourke being involved kept changing things. All things considered- they're still building solid matches with interesting storylines.

Edge vs. Big Show caught me off guard just because I didn't expect Big Show in a championship match. I'm not really sure what's going on yet...they shouldn't and can't turn Vickie face....they shouldn't turn Edge either. But, at least it makes sense dating back to Big Show and Vickie aligning at Unforgiven. Maybe we'll see some more stuff from Edge like we saw before Summerslam.

I'm hoping we can get a US Championship Match or a Tag Title match- I'm just hoping there's time for it. IF the card has two championship matches, Money in the Bank, Taker/HBK, a Jericho/legend match, and Cena/Hogan...that's a pretty full card of matches that should all get a good amount of time.

The IC title was killed to some degree during the Katie Vick period where the title was unified with the world title. I don't even think that it's even been defended on a WM at all since it returned in 2003.

The IC title was killed to some degree during the Katie Vick period where the title was unified with the world title. I don't even think that it's even been defended on a WM at all since it returned in 2003.

It hasn't.

It was last defended at WrestleMania X8, where RVD beat then champion Regal.

XIX there was no IC Title

XX Orton was champion, and was in the handicap match

21 an 22 Shelton was champion, and in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match

23 Umaga was IC Champ, faced ECW Champ Lashley

Last year Jericho was IC Champ, in Money in the Bank.

The United States title has replaced the Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania.

XX - John Cena Vs. Big Show

XXI - Orlando Jordan had it, but he only accompanied JBL to the ring.

XXII - Chris Benoit Vs. JBL

XXIII - Chris Benoit Vs. MVP

XXIV - MVP was champ, but was in MITB

XXV - Probably won't be defended against this year

My biggest question at the moment is: What is JBL going to do at Mania? I can't see them putting him in MITB, so there are really no opponents left for him on Raw (assuming Rey gets in MITB and Cena is in another match). With Vickie being GM of both shows, I don't see a Raw vs. Smackdown match happening just for bragging rights, so how will JBL get himself into a match with a Smackdown superstar? Or could he just be left off the card?

He doesn't have anybody to work with for a high profile match unless he challenges Austin (I could see this happen as it would be an enjoyable brawl) or Hogan. I can't see him off the card either so I think MITB or the pre-WM battle royale would be the best realistic options right now unless creatives pull a random match out of their asses for him to work. Either that or a RAW Vs. SD match against Mr. Kennedy.

Check out the bottom article of this WWE.com page!

I'm sorry if this was already posted, and I also apologize if I'm breaking a rule over this. But, I discovered the bottom snipet on the Wrestlemania site, and I'm a little surprised about that, since Vince feels that anything with "you know who" in it is considered tabu. I'm surprised that they would actually add that.

As bad as it would be, I could see JBL vs. Kozlov and JBL actually getting face heat since he'd be the home-state guy taking on the big, bad foreigner.

Check out the bottom article of this WWE.com page!

I'm sorry if this was already posted, and I also apologize if I'm breaking a rule over this. But, I discovered the bottom snipet on the Wrestlemania site, and I'm a little surprised about that, since Vince feels that anything with "you know who" in it is considered tabu. I'm surprised that they would actually add that.

The article seems to only cover that first 20 WrestleManias, so I wouldn't be surprised to find it was copied and pasted from a WM21 preview article.

Not that this would save WrestleMania by any means but hopefully to give it a spark, they plan on unifying the tag and women's titles. Not just champion vs champion but actually merge each title.

Not that this would save WrestleMania by any means but hopefully to give it a spark, they plan on unifying the tag and women's titles. Not just champion vs champion but actually merge each title.

Good. Here's to Miz/Morrison and Maryse leaving WM champions.

Most definitely, but I'd settle for one or another. If Maryse leaves WrestleMania as the unified women's champion, it'd be a Top 5 WrestleMania for me . . . well, not really but it'd be a bangin moment.

So this begs the question? Which designs stay? Personally I like the Smacfkdown tag titles better, because the shape reminds me of the old ones. And by far the Raw Womens title gets the nod.

While they are at it, the should have MVP def CM Punk for the IC title and then have a future match between him and Shelton to unify the mid card titles as well. The both need a new design badly anyways.

I saw a rumor for a 25-woman Battle Royal, past and present divas. That'd be cool to see.

I can see it now...

Much like the Iron Sheik at the last Wrestlemania in Houston, Mae Young ends up winning the Battle Royal because they don't want her to do the over-the-top-rope bump.

I saw a rumor for a 25-woman Battle Royal, past and present divas. That'd be cool to see.

That was reported as fact by Pwinsider.com.

And I find it amusing that some are treating this fantasy merging of the Titles at WM as fact, even going as far as speculating which Title design they'll keep? When was this Title unification officially confirmed?

Might as well bring back the GIMMICK battle royal. I'd love to see The Fink do all the introductions. Plus the last one was done in Houston, why not do another one?

I would mark out BAD if I heard the following: "From Miami Florida, weighing 287 pounds........ DA BAD GUY.......... RAZOR RAMMMMMOOONN."

As for the females, would this be a correct list?

Mae Young

Alundra Blaze

Chyna

Sunny

Luna Vachon

Sable

Marlena

Trish

Torrie

Tori

The Kat

Jaqueline (Is she still with TNA?)

Lita

Stacy Kebler

Victoria

Debra

Natalya

Jillian

Ivory

Jazz

Gail Kim

Molly

Mickie

Wendi Richter

Candice

Might as well bring back the GIMMICK battle royal. I'd love to see The Fink do all the introductions. Plus the last one was done in Houston, why not do another one?

I would mark out BAD if I heard the following: "From Miami Florida, weighing 287 pounds........ DA BAD GUY.......... RAZOR RAMMMMMOOONN."

As for the females, would this be a correct list?

Mae Young

Alundra Blaze

Chyna

Sunny

Luna Vachon

Sable

Marlena

Trish

Torrie

Tori

The Kat

Jaqueline (Is she still with TNA?)

Lita

Stacy Kebler

Victoria

Debra

Natalya

Jillian

Ivory

Jazz

Gail Kim

Molly

Mickie

Wendi Richter

Candice

I would assume all of the current divas would be involved..how could you leave out Beth, Melina, Kelly, Maria, Michelle, Katie Lea and Maryse?