TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

So this begs the question? Which designs stay? Personally I like the Smacfkdown tag titles better, because the shape reminds me of the old ones. And by far the Raw Womens title gets the nod.

Women's title by a mile, but for the tag belts I wouldn't be surprised if they just let the champions wear one Raw title and one Smackdown title for a couple months (ala the Undisputed title being 2 belts until they eventually came out with a unified Undisputed title belt).

I liked when they had the Unified Champs in WCW carry both belts. They should go with that.

Or like Jericho who carried both the WWF and WCW titles when he was the unified champion.

Might as well bring back the GIMMICK battle royal. I'd love to see The Fink do all the introductions. Plus the last one was done in Houston, why not do another one?

I would mark out BAD if I heard the following: "From Miami Florida, weighing 287 pounds........ DA BAD GUY.......... RAZOR RAMMMMMOOONN."

As for the females, would this be a correct list?

Mae Young

Alundra Blaze

Chyna

Sunny

Luna Vachon

Sable

Marlena

Trish

Torrie

Tori

The Kat

Jaqueline (Is she still with TNA?)

Lita

Stacy Kebler

Victoria

Debra

Natalya

Jillian

Ivory

Jazz

Gail Kim

Molly

Mickie

Wendi Richter

Candice

I would assume all of the current divas would be involved..how could you leave out Beth, Melina, Kelly, Maria, Michelle, Katie Lea and Maryse?

I'd figure the idea of a fatal four way between Melina-Beth-Michelle-Maryse would keep those four busy at Mania. The other two, I guess you can put them in.

The Big Show was interviewed on VH1 during the Top 20 Countdown yesterday and mentioned that he will be facing Edge and John Cena in a Three Way match for the title at WrestleMania. Seeing as they haven't officially that yet, VH1 got a spoiler before it aired on WWE TV.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=37018&p=1

Given Vince's current mindset about leaks, that might be a very expensive interview.

The Big Show was interviewed on VH1 during the Top 20 Countdown yesterday and mentioned that he will be facing Edge and John Cena in a Three Way match for the title at WrestleMania. Seeing as they haven't officially that yet, VH1 got a spoiler before it aired on WWE TV.

Given Vince's current mindset about leaks, that might be a very expensive interview.

I hope Vince's mindset actually changes the that match now, since a Show/Cena/Edge three way match sounds awful, even more than Edge/Cena does on its' own.

I really don't know how Cena vs. Edge. vs. Big Show sounds awful. Cena and Edge always have great matches together, Cena and Show have a Wrestlemania history, and they've been teasing an Edge-Show feud for like 6 months.

Now, I lived in Russia last year at this time I wasn't following wrestling. But wasn't a triple threat match made with almost the same story last year? Cena was number one contender....Orton got disqualified in their title match. Someone else became number one contender....but Cena found his way into the match?

For some reason Triple Threat matches for championships seem anti-climatic for me at Wrestlemania- granted they've now done three of them since the brand extension. What bugs me the most is that the same story-line is used to form them.

I'd even prefer it if they made it a four way match. Put Rey Mysterio in there- he's been working hard lately.

As a stand alone match - not based on being overdone or not "WrestleMania scale" - how did Edge/Cean sound awful?

Those reasons you have already stated is why Cena/Edge just doesn't sound that appealing to me. Plus, they just had another match with the two just last week. They killed any chance of that working now by just having a standalone match. The story here is far from as compelling as Orton/HHH is, that's all I know.

Honestly, if they would have just held their guns on waiting with an Edge/Cena match at Mania without last week's Raw to muck it all up, I don't really see what would have been so wrong with that in the first place. I'm not really feeling it, but considering they always have good "big" matches, I could accept it. But inserting Show just kills it.

Anyway you slice it, this is just totally underwhelming for one of the world title matches at the 25th Mania. HHH/Orton, I feel like they have at least worked hard on the storyline behind it to justify the match, but this is the complete opposite.

As far as Cena/Edge/Show goes........same reason as was also stated as well, it's not Mania scale, anyway you slice it. Edge/Show or hell, even Christian/Edge or something ridiculous like that and Cena/Hogan or Austin sounds much better. I just can't see how putting Show in another Mania main event is warranted at this point, more than anything. If Batista would just be able to go by April, the obvious choice for Cena would be right there.

Looks like Big Show just Lugered himself.

I'd even prefer it if they made it a four way match. Put Rey Mysterio in there- he's been working hard lately.

I agree that if they did that, put Rey in, I would feel this match would be much more stronger in the process. There is a ready made storyline regarding him and Edge, obviously, plus a storyline ready made that Rey was "injured" by Big Show last year right before Mania, taking him off the card in the process.

Hell, given Show leaked out the info already, I have a feeling we may actually see Show taken off that match and they might do Rey/Show on the undercard, with that same storyline I just mentioned, to build to it. Rey wants revenge from last year. And then we would then just go back to Edge/Cena, potentially with stips (If Cena wins, Vicki loses her job and if Edge wins, Cena can't ever challenge for the title again or something) or some sort of gimmick to the match, attached.

Looks like Big Show just Lugered himself.

To be honest though, Big Show said nothing about winning.

As a stand alone match - not based on being overdone or not "WrestleMania scale" - how did Edge/Cean sound awful?

Those reasons you have already stated is why Cena/Edge just doesn't sound that appealing to me. Plus, they just had another match with the two just last week. They killed any chance of that working now by just having a standalone match. The story here is far from as compelling as Orton/HHH is, that's all I know.

Honestly, if they would have just held their guns on waiting with an Edge/Cena match at Mania without last week's Raw to muck it all up, I don't really see what would have been so wrong with that in the first place. I'm not really feeling it, but considering they always have good "big" matches, I could accept it. But inserting Show just kills it.

Anyway you slice it, this is just totally underwhelming for one of the world title matches at the 25th Mania. HHH/Orton, I feel like they have at least worked hard on the storyline behind it to justify the match, but this is the complete opposite.

As far as Cena/Edge/Show goes........same reason as was also stated as well, it's not Mania scale, anyway you slice it. Edge/Show or hell, even Christian/Edge or something ridiculous like that and Cena/Hogan or Austin sounds much better. I just can't see how putting Show in another Mania main event is warranted at this point, more than anything. If Batista would just be able to go by April, the obvious choice for Cena would be right there.

Edge/Christian could have been GREAT IMO.. too bad it was sacrificed for the sake of swerving the internet smark fans ala WCWs miserable russo days and we got Matt Hardy on smackdown instead of Christian :(

I still rather see Edge/Orton @ Mania. The heel promos and actions by both would be more interesting than the current title matches. Edge could use Vickie to put Orton in 3 on 1 matches or even against the rest of Legacy while Orton could punt Vickie or something. Crazy Edge vs. Crazy Orton would be awesome.

I was hoping for edge/show to stay a singles match too. It's something different, and Big Show has been pretty good since his ECW title run.

Things JBL Should Be Doing at Mania: Commentating. Eating a hot dog. Greeting fans at "WWE Access!"

He should be Clotheslining Michael Cole out of the commentary booth and taking over.

Or would they really go for the scenario of him guest commentating Michaels/Taker and getting involved?

PWInsider is reporting that WWE apparently called Wendi Richter about appearing in the Divas battle royal at WM25. This is interesting because Richter, 47, of course was screwjobbed a'la Bret Hart out of the Women's Title back in 1985 when she refused a contract extension Gorilla Monsoon was attempting to get her to sign before her match with Spider Lady (Moolah).

PWInsider is reporting that WWE apparently called Wendi Richter about appearing in the Divas battle royal at WM25. This is interesting because Richter, 47, of course was screwjobbed a'la Bret Hart out of the Women's Title back in 1985 when she refused a contract extension Gorilla Monsoon was attempting to get her to sign before her match with Spider Lady (Moolah).

Richter's only 47!?

So she was only 23 at WrestleMania 1?

Damn, I thought she was older than that. @_@

STAGE NAME: Wendi Richter

BIRTH NAME: Wendy Richter

DATE OF BIRTH: September 6, 1961 (47 years old)

BIRTHPLACE: Dallas, Texas

TRAINED BY: The Fabulous Moolah & Judy Martin

DEBUT: 1979 (18 years old)

Now that the 25 Divas battle royal has been officially announced...

Could this possibly be the first WrestleMania that has more women competing in it than men, even if it is just one match?