TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

So, (based on the latest spoilers) who of the upper card guys gets left off the show?

I.C. Champ JBL?

Rey?

Miz & Morrison?

Colons?

Cryme Tyme?

Priceless?

Khali?

Umaga?

R. Truth?

ECW Champion Jack Swagger?

The best hope I got is Rey v JBL for the IC title and Miz & Morrison v Colons in a title unification match. Other than that, I think everyone else is out of luck, unless they have a battle royal for a shot at Swagger's title.

Rey is basically the only mid-card face left for JBL to face in an IC title match whose not busy, so I'm guessing it'll be those two for Mania.

The past month or so seems to be leading to Colons/In Crowd for the Undisputed Tag Titles.

Umaga was injured at a SD taping, so he might not even make it to the pre-show.

Priceless will be part of Orton/HHH.

If Swagger is at Mania, Bourne or Dreamer would work as an opponent in an ECW title match.

Cryme Tyme aren't on PPVs much anyway.

They dont' seem to be doing anything with Khali or Kozlov at the moment.

You know what I just thought.

Even though it's not a title match or anything, I would get a kick if both Undertaker and HBK went "Retro" with their ring attire for this WrestleMania.

As in, Undertaker with the classic hat/spats/ascot...and Shawn with attire like he had at WrestleMania XII

I still think Taker needs to change his look up, hes basicly been in the same gear for a good 7 years now. (if you exchange leather pants for tights)

With the exception of his entrance attire from last year's WrestleMania.

I still think Taker needs to change his look up, hes basicly been in the same gear for a good 7 years now. (if you exchange leather pants for tights)

same with Kane..

-edit-

wtf double post

Taker needs to get out of the tanning bed and get his skin white again to look more "undead".

You know what I just thought.

Even though it's not a title match or anything, I would get a kick if both Undertaker and HBK went "Retro" with their ring attire for this WrestleMania.

As in, Undertaker with the classic hat/spats/ascot...and Shawn with attire like he had at WrestleMania XII

And, as high as fantasy booking goes, I wish Bret was the special ref, and clocks Shawn after Taker spits on him, and recreate Summerslam 1997.

Before all of that though, we need "Taker" to enter the ring, only to take off the clothing to reveal that it's HBK. 1998 has come calling. Hell, to really fuck with Taker, Shawn should bring Kane into the mix.

We just need HBK to bring Paul Bearer to announce that Undertaker's true father is still alive, and have it be revealed to be McMahon. That'd be a true blue 98 storyline.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

John Bradshaw Layfield has been telling people backstage that he will be likely retiring by May. His back problems that caused him to retire in 2006 have returned and apparently his retirement from World Wrestling Entertainment is imminent. JBL has not been scheduled for any house shows for the month of May.

When he won the Intercontinental Championship on RAW this past Monday night, he claimed that he would do something historical that would shock the wrestling world at WrestleMania. One suggestion that has been talked about backstage to where JBL retires as Intercontinental Champion for the first time in history. Remember that Trish Stratus retired the same way except with the Women's Championship.

In upcoming house shows, JBL and Vladmir Kozlov team up against the team of the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Based on Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania opponents, teaming up, we can assume and JBL will be facing Kozlov for the Intercontinental Championship at the 25th annual WrestleMania on April 5th. If this were to happen, he would go to his homestate of Texas at WrestleMania as a babyface and defend the title against Kozlov.

Sounds like the way to go. Bradshaw doesn't really need to wrestle anymore, other than the fact that a lot of guys just don't want to retire.

JBLs something Historic at WM25 = Retiring as Intercontinental Champion?

WON reported that his back is bothering him again and he's talking about retirement

Oh man, Kozlov vs. JBL? That match would be horrible, and this is coming from someone that quite likes both of them.

I honestly can't think of an appealing match for JBL at Mania. Perhaps JBL vs Mysterio, they've had some fun matches in the past.

JBL is no great shakes in the in ring department anymore and there's not much left for him to do. So if this means JBL back in the booth I'm all for it. He'd also make an excellent manager, if they chose to take him that route anyway.