TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

I would've picked Christian as the favorite, but since news got out that Vince still doesn't care for him, I'd have to lean toward Benjamin as winning, which is fine with me since he's overdue to win at least one of these.

Vince has been in full-on swerve mode for months now...At this point with how pissed off he has to be at the leaks that keep getting out this him hating Christian thing might be a big swerve to keep anyone from expecting it?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Before the MVP title change, I saw him or Christian as the two favorites, now it's got to be Benjamin or Christian imo

Vince has been in full-on swerve mode for months now...At this point with how pissed off he has to be at the leaks that keep getting out this him hating Christian thing might be a big swerve to keep anyone from expecting it?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Before the MVP title change, I saw him or Christian as the two favorites, now it's got to be Benjamin or Christian imo

It wouldn't surprise me to see Christian get the MITB win only to be defeated in his cash-in title match. If Vince really wants to lock Christian in as a perennial midcarder, that would be a way to do it.

I saw somebody suggest the Ultimate Warrior vs Jericho. What do you guys think of that.

It'd certainly be better than what they have now, plus Warrior looked okay in his comeback match last year, not great, but I'm sure he could work a simple 5-10 minute match with Jericho.

He did find his way into the Legends of Wrestlemania game...

It'd be a nice way to bury the hatchet with the Warrior(not that either side cares), and besides Flair, Austin, Hogan it would be probably the best option. Would be pretty cool to see a nice 5-10 minute match between the two. Too bad it wouldn't happen.

How much is Mania supposed to be? It showed up on my guide last night and the SD broadcast is only $5 more than a normal PPV ($44.95) but the HD version is $20 more than that.

How much is Mania supposed to be? It showed up on my guide last night and the SD broadcast is only $5 more than a normal PPV ($44.95) but the HD version is $20 more than that.

I read that it is supposed to be 54.95

Which Superstar will have their big night in Houston, where the Intercontinental gold will be defended for the first time on The Grandest Stage of Them All since WrestleMania X8? Find out live at the 25th anniversary celebration of the squared circle’s greatest event, WrestleMania on April 5 beginning at 7 p.m. ET.

Gotta love the fact that even wwe.com's preview of the Intercontinental Championship match mentions that the title hasn't been defended since 2002.

Here in Australia its $29.95 for all PPVs WM included. And I'm still gonna stream it if I'm at home (doubt it).

Anyone want to guess what's going on last? It won't be Taker/Shawn, Edge/Cena/Show is too ridiculous to be taken seriously, and it'll be a very dark wrestlemania if show finishes with an Orton win, not that's neccessarily a bad thing. HHH winning isn't exactly a feel good ending either, since he's still not over as a face.

Anyone want to guess what's going on last? It won't be Taker/Shawn, Edge/Cena/Show is too ridiculous to be taken seriously, and it'll be a very dark wrestlemania if show finishes with an Orton win, not that's neccessarily a bad thing. HHH winning isn't exactly a feel good ending either, since he's still not over as a face.

Triple vs. Orton with HHH going over is my prediction on how they end the show.

It also means Edge will probably retain in the triple threat.

I can see Cena winning, actually. Just so they can do the 'Cena wins Vickie' comedy angle.

But I don't see Cena staying on Smackdown, which makes me think Edge will win there and be the champion at and post-draft, while they load up on star power for Raw to counter sagging ratings.

HHH will go over, and stand in the ring with all of the McMahons to end the show (as they will all individually run out at one point or another to help HHH win). Bank on that.

Cue a rematch at Backlash in which Orton then goes over and gets the belt in some sort of all or nothing stip. Might see a double turn there as well.

HHH will go over, and stand in the ring with all of the McMahons to end the show (as they will all individually run out at one point or another to help HHH win). Bank on that.

I think Vince and Shane will help out Triple H but Stephane will come out get between the both of them act like she is going to hit Orton but turn and nail HHH and help Orton win the belt and join the Legacy.

I think Vince and Shane will help out Triple H but Stephane will come out get between the both of them act like she is going to hit Orton but turn and nail HHH and help Orton win the belt and join the Legacy.

WOW that'd be pretty cool, i really really like your thinking there. Having Steph turn Legacy into a stable of sorts and then go against Vince in some power struggle type thing or whatever. It'd keep me tuned in if done well.

Would it have been better if the Legends program have been Jericho agains The Rock? If the WWE had offered Dwayne the kind of money that Mayweather got last year, would the Rock have accepted? Would the Rock had brought in enough PPV Buys and DVD sales to justify it? I like to think that if the WWE had offered him 10-15 million for a couple of Raw appearances and a match at WrestleMania he would have maybe accepted. The program would have been alot better than just Jericho facing 3 cripples

Would it have been better if the Legends program have been Jericho agains The Rock? If the WWE had offered Dwayne the kind of money that Mayweather got last year, would the Rock have accepted? Would the Rock had brought in enough PPV Buys and DVD sales to justify it? I like to think that if the WWE had offered him 10-15 million for a couple of Raw appearances and a match at WrestleMania he would have maybe accepted. The program would have been alot better than just Jericho facing 3 cripples

Even if they backed a dump truck full of money up to his front yard, I doubt he would have accepted. He had to bend over backwards to do the Hall of Fame, and that was only because family members were involved. Sure, Jericho vs. Rock would have generated a huge amount of interest... but it would have never happened.

Jericho vs. Austin, or hell, Austin just being involved in the match somehow, would have been the logical choice if they wanted to hit a home run with the angle. It was so easy to set-up as well. Jericho comes out, attacks all the Hall of Fame members and inductees. Jericho continues to rant about how he's mowed down all the Hall of Fame members and inductees...

Glass shatters...

Crowd goes nuts...

'09 Inductee Steve Austin comes out to confront Jericho.

They could have overbooked it to protect Austin from doing anything too risky by having the likes of Piper, Snuka, and Steamboat be a part of the match as well. Hell, they could have thrown in the Funks, Kevin Von Erich, Koko, and even Bill Watts for good measure.

Maybe they figured with Flair and Mickey Rourke involved- they had all the hype they wanted and didn't see the need to pull strings and throw out money for a different opponent.

Am I the only one that would mark out if Rico came out for the Diva Battle Royale?

This is looking to be one of the worst WrestleManias in a long time. There's nothing remotely exciting to look forward to on this show except for HBK/UT, but everyone knows by now that UT is never going to lose at WM. Couple a pathetic card with a $55 price tag during a brutal recession, Vince better be ready for a WM13 buyrate.

Even if they backed a dump truck full of money up to his front yard, I doubt he would have accepted. He had to bend over backwards to do the Hall of Fame, and that was only because family members were involved. Sure, Jericho vs. Rock would have generated a huge amount of interest... but it would have never happened.

Jericho vs. Austin, or hell, Austin just being involved in the match somehow, would have been the logical choice if they wanted to hit a home run with the angle. It was so easy to set-up as well. Jericho comes out, attacks all the Hall of Fame members and inductees. Jericho continues to rant about how he's mowed down all the Hall of Fame members and inductees...

Glass shatters...

Crowd goes nuts...

'09 Inductee Steve Austin comes out to confront Jericho.

They could have overbooked it to protect Austin from doing anything too risky by having the likes of Piper, Snuka, and Steamboat be a part of the match as well. Hell, they could have thrown in the Funks, Kevin Von Erich, Koko, and even Bill Watts for good measure.

This sounds like the best way to go, to me. Kevin has to break out The Claw in Texas, and you know Terry funk wouldn't turn down a chance to do something crazy.

And yes, I would mark the fuck out for Rico in the diva's BR.

Given the HHH/Orton stipulation it reeks of Orton winning the title without HHH jobbing to him. Is it still possoble that Shane McMahon will "turn" and end up being behind The Legacy? Sure they'd have to explain away the Shane vs Orton matches, but I still like Shane with Legacy, with his motive being Stephanie and HHH were pushing him out of the family business, which was his birthright as the first born and male heir to the McMahon Family. The deal could have been that he wanted to out HHH being married to Stephanie but couldn't just come out and say it because it was forbidden by Vince and Linda and he could have been cut off/excommunicated.

Taker vs HBK is a lock to be the last match.

A lock?

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels isn't ending the show, AmDrag.

Edit: Not that I wouldn't want it to. I'd love to see Michaels take Undertaker to the absolute limit, with Undertaker just beating Michaels with his last bit of energy. Queue up a handshake of respect and then the traditional Undertaker pose with thunder and lightening and darkness as the show goes off the air.

A lock?

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels isn't ending the show, AmDrag.

Edit: Not that I wouldn't want it to. I'd love to see Michaels take Undertaker to the absolute limit, with Undertaker just beating Michaels with his last bit of energy. Queue up a handshake of respect and then the traditional Undertaker pose with thunder and lightening and darkness as the show goes off the air.

Agreed... even though it's the biggest match on the card, there is no way Taker/Michaels will close the show. It's going to be Orton/HHH to end Wrestlemania this year.