TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

Taker vs HBK is a lock to be the last match.

I want whatever it is that you're smokin!

There is no chance in hell (no pun intended) that match is going on after the HHH/McMahons/Orton/Legacy debacle

Taker vs HBK is a lock to be the last match.

I want whatever it is that you're smokin!

There is no chance in hell (no pun intended) that match is going on after the HHH/McMahons/Orton/Legacy debacle

It will if Orton is winning.

I'd say Orton/HHH main events. Outside of some over the top booking (the home invasion and the chase....mainly due to the corny camera work)- it's been a strong feud. It's personal, for the title, Orton won the Rumble, the McMahons are involved, the feud has been the main event of Raw consistently, and Orton's promo showed how much history it has. Besides- Wrestlemania is due for ending with a heel on top. The last "heel" ending was....what....WMX7? Which coincidentally was in Houston and involved a McMahon...

Plus....Wrestlemania ended with Undertaker doing his thing last year.

And I seriously doubt they go with the triple threat match to main event either. The winner of that match should tell us who wins in the Orton/HHH. With the draft coming up, I fully expect Edge to win the triple threat match and stay on Smackdown, while Triple H wins against Orton and gets drafted to Raw. I do not see Cena or Orton leaving Raw either.

WWE announced today that Sunny, Torrie Wilson, Molly Holly, and Victoria would be participating in the WM25 Diva battle royal.

She looks really good lately and says she is feeling much better. She has thrown herself into her clothing store since she left.

I've just seen Mickey Rouke live on Sky Sports News over in the States.. His hair has really grown since the Oscars. He's looking like he might be the part at WrestleMania, he might still come in character.

MOLLY! YES! WHOOO!

Mania is MADE now.

^_____________________________________________________________________^

Incidentally, would this be Sunny's first ever match in WWF/E? I don't think she ever wrestled back in her 95-99 run.

I'm not seeing any match history for her in the WWF.

Thought not.

Incidentally, if the divas all get their own entrances for the battle royal, I want Sunny and Jillian to come out back to back.

This mash-up will tell you why.

She looks really good lately and says she is feeling much better. She has thrown herself into her clothing store since she left.

Yep, she looks about 10 years younger ever since she stopped travelling.

This is all I want out of Michaels/Taker

At somepoint the two collide with each other, knocking them down to the mat. Wait a few seconds, then...

Simultanious Kip up/Sit up!!!

This is all I want out of Michaels/Taker

At somepoint the two collide with each other, knocking them down to the mat. Wait a few seconds, then...

Simultanious Kip up/Sit up!!!

I'm not a Michaels fan, but that would be AWESOME!

And Molly f'n Holly. I read that she was going to be overseas. If she is in fact coming back, that will be worth the price alone for me.

Oh, so many good matches I look forward to this Sunday. ^_^

So the Divas match is this front what I gather:

RAW - Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Melina, Mickie James, Rosa Mendes (7)

Smackdown - Brie Bella, Eve, Gail Kim, Maria, Maryse, Michelle McCool, Natalya Neidhart, Nikki Bella (8)

ECW - Alicia Fox, Katie Lea Burchill, Tiffany (3)

Legends - Sunny, Victoria, Molly Holly, Torrie Wilson (4)

So there's 3 open spots left after them. I'd say Trish is probably a lock for one of them, and you're likely winner if she's in it. So who are the other 2?

Candice is hurt so she'll probably be a no go.

I've seen some sites confirming Jackie Gayda.

I should have known that a pregnancy angle would be coming up for Vickie...but I wish they could have just put it off until after Wrestlemania if they really had to do it. What's the sense in throwing it in the week before? I was hoping the love triangle would get shoved aside for the actual WM match.

Maybe Cena wins and Edge/Show can feud til Backlash without the title.

I've seen some sites confirming Jackie Gayda.

I should have known that a pregnancy angle would be coming up for Vickie...but I wish they could have just put it off until after Wrestlemania if they really had to do it. What's the sense in throwing it in the week before? I was hoping the love triangle would get shoved aside for the actual WM match.

Maybe Cena wins and Edge/Show can feud til Backlash without the title.

F4W have confirmed Gayda.

The main reason this mania card is so depressing to me is that I am actually going and this is the worst card on-paper I can recall for a Mania. There has been so much talk on the board about WMX7 recently and it happened in Houston, so the fact that their return there is with this bad looking card sucks.

But does anyone else think that this might be the year that the MITB winner cashes in the same night? I think Lawler has mentioned it every week now that the winner can use it that night, and I don't seem to recall them hyping that up at all in past years. I can see hhh winning and then Orton punting him out of frustration and the MITB winner coming down and cashing in his contract. The only problem with that is, I don't really see anyone in that match that Vince would be ok with ending Mania holding up the belt. But it certainly would add some excitement to what appears to be a very lackluster show.

I can see how the show can look underwhelming based on some of the feuds....but I still think it looks just as good on paper as many other recent Wrestlemanias.

I think everyone had so many high expectations for this year's Mania that the card, no matter how good it looks on papre, is a disapointment.

It's just the big novelty return that was being specu;ated about...we were thinking Hogan or Austin- instead it's Piper, Steamboat, Snuka, and some divas.

The other problem is that the title matches need to be freshened up- while Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, and CM Punk were world champions last year....the WM title scene is the same as last year- swap Taker for Show. The upside is that the matches are fairly unpredictable.

The thing is though- going in to WMX7 there the card on paper didn't look like it would necessarily be the best WMX7 of all time....it's just that everything on the card was just done so perfectly and presented so well.

The problem with Wrestlemania this year is I don't give a shit about the matches aside from Michaels / Undertaker and Hardy / Hardy. I'd be fine with Orton / HHH and Edge / Cena if they hadn't wrestled each other 1,000 times already. Also, the fact that neither Hogan or Austin couldn't be on the card is definitely disappointing.

I do believe HHH / RKO is main eventing unless Orton is winning and they pussy out of it being the last match and have Cena win the Triple Threat match in the end to send the crowd home happy.

With the McMahon involvement, there's no way the soap opera from SmackDown! headlines WrestleMania 25.

A heel has ended the show on top before.. With Orton being on fire right now it's not shocking that he might.

We'll probably be having HHH, Vince and Shane vs Legacy at Backlash, so I'm assuming HHH keeps the title and moves to Raw permanantly.

I mean, come on.. HHH is due a win at Mania.