TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

Websites are "reporting" as if this was some huge mistake and WWE.com spoiled the match- but it seems to me like the shirt is perfectly suitable as something an Undertaker fan would wear at WM. They could also make a "16-1" Shawn Michaels shirt mocking it if they want, yeah?

They've been doing this for a while now.. Randy Orton had a Legend Killer t-shirt with his match with Undertaker coming up and before WrestleMania, the T-Shirt had included Takers name and date on the back with the other legends he'd beaten.

Considering how freaked out he's been of Internet leaks, I bet Vince is going to shitcan whoever posted that t-shirt early.

I can see WWE pulling a nice big swerve and having Michaels/Taker mainevent the PPV.

What's the swerve in that? Swerves are finishes of matches, not match placement.

I can see WWE pulling a nice big swerve and having Michaels/Taker mainevent the PPV.
Doesn't really matter what the main event is, all of the matches will be good.

I might get flamed for this...

But it's definitely the best WM on paper since WMX7.

Jim Ross posted the following on his blog regarding the Undertaker t-shirt "leak":

Some idiots on the 'net put up a completely phony Undertaker/17-0 Wrestlemania shirt and falsely reported that it was on WWE Shop and abruptly taken down when it wasn't and no such shirt has even been manufactured. Why these irresponsible things happen are completely beyond me and are embarrassing for those sites who do try and tell the truth and verify their stores.

I'm not saying it won't be the main event, I was applying that all of the matches will be good.

I agree with you. Sure, the buildup hasn't been great. But every match on the card is Wrestlemania worthy based on the participants (unlike, say, Goldust vs. Maven, Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell, or Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero).

I totally agree. It also seems like WMX7 had more matches without buildup than this card. I can't think of anything on the card that I wish they'd just get rid of. The only thing really thrown on at the last minute is the lumberjack stipulation for the tag match. Well....the Kid Rock performance is a waste of time.

I'm hoping Jericho/Steamboat get some time to work together.

I totally agree. It also seems like WMX7 had more matches without buildup than this card. I can't think of anything on the card that I wish they'd just get rid of. The only thing really thrown on at the last minute is the lumberjack stipulation for the tag match. Well....the Kid Rock performance is a waste of time.

I'm hoping Jericho/Steamboat get some time to work together.

I fully expect Steamboat and Jericho to get the bulk of that match. I just hope Jericho goes for the throat.

I fully expect Steamboat and Jericho to get the bulk of that match. I just hope Jericho goes for the throat.

Kinda makes you wonder why they are using Piper and Snuka, who are so very limited at this point. Dusty probably could at least work better than those two and is around anyway. Sarge (who may be on bad terms) or Hacksaw would have made a good choice too since they've been shown in the past few years to be able to work a five-minute match. It's not like we are expecting a classic out of any of these guys, but I'm sure Jericho could easily pull a ** match out of Sarge, Hacksaw or Dusty, who are at least mobile at this point.

What's the swerve in that? Swerves are finishes of matches, not match placement.

A swerve encompasses the finishes of matches, character turns, angles taking an unexpected turn. The swerve in this case would be tons of WWE fans bitching and moaning (in some cases) about HHH/Orton being the main event and thus going into Mania with a sour pussy look on their face all week expecting the PPV to end with something they don't really care about. If WWE ends Mania with HBK/Taker I can honestly see NO ONE complaining as it would deliver and would be UNEXPECTED of WWE to do something like that. Orton/HHH as the main event is WWE planning it very safe.

I do agree about the matches on the card being so well booked its hard to call them in advance. Sometimes WM can be called 2 months before the PPV even airs, but for this one...everything is up in the air and I don't know who is going to come out victorious! Ohhh goodie I'm a mark again...

*laughs like a girl*

Funny how that Taker shirt has been revealed as fake (April Fools, remember?) and now nobody admits to being fooled by it.

I bet they also fell for the news of RVD signing again with WWE.

SO,

am i the only one who still doesn't believe HHH will give Orton the clean pin fall he needs?

I actually watched RAW again tonite and I thought they might be fore-shadowing the WCWification of the title match

IE:

Orton brings the Sledgehammer into play during a REF knock out, HHH wins WITHOUT needing to utilise said weapon, then as HHH celebrates the REF sees the sledghammer and DQ's trip.

This gave HHH the WIN showed that Orton wasn't in his league but still dumps a title into raw.

However the only way this would work would be if Big show won the other title, leading to HHH getting ANOTHER reign next month, and I really can't see two heels being victorious at WM.

I also realised this didn't use the Mcmahons and we all know they HAVE to be involved, so maybe Vince accidently causes HHH to lose by DQ, leading to the heel turn next month?

SO,

am i the only one who still doesn't believe HHH will give Orton the clean pin fall he needs?

I actually watched RAW again tonite and I thought they might be fore-shadowing the WCWification of the title match

IE:

Orton brings the Sledgehammer into play during a REF knock out, HHH wins WITHOUT needing to utilise said weapon, then as HHH celebrates the REF sees the sledghammer and DQ's trip.

This gave HHH the WIN showed that Orton wasn't in his league but still dumps a title into raw.

However the only way this would work would be if Big show won the other title, leading to HHH getting ANOTHER reign next month, and I really can't see two heels being victorious at WM.

I also realised this didn't use the Mcmahons and we all know they HAVE to be involved, so maybe Vince accidently causes HHH to lose by DQ, leading to the heel turn next month?

I can't see Orton getting the cover unless there is some screwjob.

Agreed with the above. There are far too many people involved at this stage (Legacy, McMahons) to have it simply end clean in the middle of the ring. They've got the Backlash main event to think of, it's only about three weeks after Mania.

Agreed with the above. There are far too many people involved at this stage (Legacy, McMahons) to have it simply end clean in the middle of the ring. They've got the Backlash main event to think of, it's only about three weeks after Mania.

And that's why I think that this won't be the main event. You don't want to send the fans home after a cluster fuck. YOu want to send them home happy, and that's why wouldn't be surprised to see HBK/Taker end the show.

Glad to hear there is an excited atmosphere in Houston. I will be arriving Saturday morning. Going to WM and the Hall of Fame, but not sure if I want to go to any Axxess sessions. I am excited about finally getting to attend a Mania though.