TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

I just hope there is a somewhat big swerve at the end, this is the 25th anniversary and all. I was at WM 17 and the ending of the Austin v. Rock match was great!

From what I'm gathering from this thread, Wrestlemania has turned out to be a huge disappointment, save for Taker/Shawn?

the brothers hardy was good.

jericho/steamboat was surprisingly good

MITB was good minus the ending

the divas battle royale was crap minus santino and JBL/Rey was 21 seconds..

its been good so far... cena/edge/show turned out better than I imagined it would

From what I'm gathering from this thread, Wrestlemania has turned out to be a huge disappointment, save for Taker/Shawn?

MITB was good, UT vs HBK lived up to expectations and I expect HHH vs Orton to go good as well. Jericho vs Legends was basically what was expected, Austin tooling around on the ATV for his farewell was fun.

Kid Rock and the Divas non-entrances was crud. Rey vs JBL was nothing. Cena vs Big Show vs Edge was just there, though it had a couple good spots. Hardy's had a good finish, but was a trainwreck match that couldn't compete with MITB.

its been good so far... cena/edge/show turned out better than I imagined it would

That sounds pretty decent. I know some will laugh at me for asking, but what kind of snowflakes are you thinking for ratings?

Scott Armstrong is the referee...

Hahaha...

An Armstrong finally made the main event at Wrestlemania!

That sounds pretty decent. I know some will laugh at me for asking, but what kind of snowflakes are you thinking for ratings?

Can't say until after the ME, but if Colons vs Miz and Morrison replaced Kid Rock and Divas got proper entrance I'd give it a 4 out of five. So right now I'd say it will be a 3.5 unless it's an epic ME.

Has triple H now main evented the most Wrestlemanias? He's certainly had the most world title matches at one by now (I count 8)

... UT vs HBK lived up to expectations...

In that they kicked out of each other's finishers?

... UT vs HBK lived up to expectations...

In that they kicked out of each other's finishers?

That's standard in all UT marquee matches. I liked it well enough even understanding that. They sold it well.

HHH is winning this match.

The Lame wins....

Not a very good WM in my opinion. It was alright but nothing spectacular.

That was rather anticlimatic, decent match and all, just no big ending, gues Taker/Michaels stole all that thunder, and then some.

On paper it was a decent WrestleMania. It failed to deliver in my opinion. The event could have had 3-4 4 star matches with a couple of decent ones thrown in. The booking was flat out terrible for this event.

Letdowns

Tag Team Match being removed

Kid Rock getting 15 minutes to sing 10 year old songs

Diva Battle Royale. They didn't even have proper entrances and you couldn't even see the old school divas that they brought in for the event.

Hardy match not going as long as it should.

JBL/Mysterio lasting half a minute. Why not put that on the pregame show and put in the tag team match.

The main events were very anticlimatic.

Undertaker/Michaels was very good for what it was but it's anticlimatic when you know who is going to win.