TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Royal Rumble 2009

Hell, I think MVP should be the Iron Man of the Rumble this year. He'll still lose the match, but at least it will start to look like he's about to turn the corner.

I'd expect the card to look like this:

John Cena vs. JBL

Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Matt Hardy vs. Jack Swagger

Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

HBK, Kane, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker, Big Show, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Santino Marella, William Regal, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Manu, Sim Snuka, R-Truth, Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, Vladimir Kozlov, Jesse, Festus, The Brian Kendrick, Carlito, Ezekiel Jackson, Primo, and MVP

John Cena vs. JBL

Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

HBK, Kane, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker, Big Show, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Santino Marella, William Regal, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Manu, Sim Snuka, R-Truth, Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, Vladimir Kozlov, Jesse, Festus, The Brian Kendrick, Carlito, Ezekiel Jackson, Primo, and MVP

Replace Jesse and Festus with Knox and Umaga and you're probably pretty close to correct.

I completely forgot about Festus. Wouldn't he have to be #1 or #2 in the Rumble since he needs to hear the bell ring to come out of his trance? Or would someone just ring the bell really quick and Festus just goes nuts and just eliminates a many of people until Kane comes into the Rumble.

In the prediction thread, I went out on a limb and predicted MVP to win the Rumble and turn babyface. I think it'd be the best way to really invigorate the character, and no better place to start a winning streak, either.

Somebody on a 4 month losing streak winning the most important gimmick match in the company?

Yup, can't see any problems there!

Why try to make sense of it anymore?

Well if we're just throwing shit at the wall, Jimmy Wang Yang should win it and have a TLC Match with Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title.

I was just kidding. I'm not Nostradamus, so all my "predictions" are mostly just for my own amusement.

John Cena vs. JBL

Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

Replace Jesse and Festus with Knox and Umaga and you're probably pretty close to correct.

There's a LOT of believable or push-heavy participants there.

I'd have to think Jimmy Wang Yang and/or Kung Fu Naki will be participants. The Rumble needs a jobber or two.

This will be Kane's eleventh consecutive Rumble, breaking his own record. Glen Jacobs also holds the record for most overall Rumble appearances with 13 (including his 96 run as Isaac Yankem and his 97 run as Diesel).

The only reason I included Carlito and Primo in my hypothetical Rumble list was because they would probably be the Rumble cannon fodder along with Jesse.

They need to bring back the old school animated covers for the DVD releases and/or PPV poster. those were awesome.

31Zr0gXSHeL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

If Sim and Manu are in the Rumble, then this whole Legacy break-up is a headfake, and all will work to help Orton win the Rumble. The rationale being that Orton knew that the wwe wouldn't allow all four members of his faction in, hence the ruse.

John Cena vs. JBL

Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

Too bad only a few actually have a shot at winning. I'm looking at HHH, HBK, Jericho, and Orton. Unless this is what you mean?

They need to bring back the old school animated covers for the DVD releases and/or PPV poster. those were awesome.

31Zr0gXSHeL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

It's funny when the Big Bossman is the only one on the cover that looks normal.

I never understood why Earthquake and Ultimate Warrior were wearing vests in those coverarts.

Here's my list - not complete and probably shouldn't have that many from ECW in it.

Royal Rumble (30 Man)

Smackdown

1. Kozlov

2. HHH

3. Shelton Benjamin

4. The Undertaker

5. Umaga

6. R-Truth

7. MVP

8. Hurricane Helms

9. The Great Khali

10. Jimmy Wang Yang

Raw

1. Charlie Haas

2. CM Punk

3. D-Lo Brown

4. Jim Duggan

5. JTG

6. Shad

7. Mike Knox

8. Manu

9. Santino

10. Chris Jericho

ECW

1. Chavo G

2. Finlay

3. Jack Swagger

4. Tommy Dreamer

5. Paul Burchill

6. Mark Henry

7. The Miz

8. John Morrison

Here's my list - not complete and probably shouldn't have that many from ECW in it.

Royal Rumble (30 Man)

Smackdown

1. Kozlov

2. HHH

3. Shelton Benjamin

4. The Undertaker

5. Umaga

6. R-Truth

7. MVP

8. Hurricane Helms

9. The Great Khali

10. Jimmy Wang Yang

Raw

1. Charlie Haas

2. CM Punk

3. D-Lo Brown

4. Jim Duggan

5. JTG

6. Shad

7. Mike Knox

8. Manu

9. Santino

10. Chris Jericho

ECW

1. Chavo G

2. Finlay

3. Jack Swagger

4. Tommy Dreamer

5. Paul Burchill

6. Mark Henry

7. The Miz

8. John Morrison

You're missing Big Show, who was announced last week..and I'll bet you $50 D-Lo isn't in it.

EDIT: Also, Rey, Orton, and Kofi have been announced as being in it. I don't know how you came up with your list, really.

You're missing Big Show, who was announced last week..and I'll bet you $50 D-Lo isn't in it.

EDIT: Also, Rey, Orton, and Kofi have been announced as being in it. I don't know how you came up with your list, really.

Its a couple of weeks old based on my WWE game on TEW haha.

Well Mr. Perfect was advertised in advance, but that was awesome. HTM was a surprise entrant in 98 and 2001 and both times it was great (better in 2001 with the whole Kane bit, but he actually lasted a considerable amount of time for a one-shot in 1998).

People who hate old guys that can't move be damned, Piper and Snuka were amazing last year. Taker selling for Snuka was so great.

What about a little intra-PPV storyline, or more specifically an intra-Rumble storyline where Hacksaw Jim Duggan enters at #13 and lasts until the 3-4 competitors. Duggan won the first ever RR of course, entering at #13, and if sold properly I think folks would be pulling for the old timer come the end of the Rumble.

Well Mr. Perfect was advertised in advance, but that was awesome. HTM was a surprise entrant in 98 and 2001 and both times it was great (better in 2001 with the whole Kane bit, but he actually lasted a considerable amount of time for a one-shot in 1998).

People who hate old guys that can't move be damned, Piper and Snuka were amazing last year. Taker selling for Snuka was so great.

HTM was actually advertised ahead of time in 98. I remember them talking about him replacing injured HHH and wondering why the hell HE was in, instead of say, Flash Funk.