TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Royal Rumble 2009

What about a little intra-PPV storyline, or more specifically an intra-Rumble storyline where Hacksaw Jim Duggan enters at #13 and lasts until the 3-4 competitors. Duggan won the first ever RR of course, entering at #13, and if sold properly I think folks would be pulling for the old timer come the end of the Rumble.

No, thank you. I hated the Snuka-Piper thing last year, and I'd hate this even more.

It's kinda weird that a week ago the WWE told us 9 wrestlers who are going to be in the Rumble, but this week the WWE didn't add anymore participants to it.

If someone isn't on WWE.com or officially announced on tv in that giant pre-view graphic full of wrestlers who are in the Rumble as an official participant, I'm not putting them on the list.

I haven't seen Raw yet...thanks for spoiling it for me dick!

I'd say my bad...but the last part of it kills it.

So ... a hearty "fuck you" and Santino gets into the Rumble, leaving out such Raw luminaries as Cryme Tyme, Goldust, Dolph Ziggler and Jamie "By God" Noble.

I haven't seen Raw yet...thanks for spoiling it for me dick!

Come on Scroby, RAW's been on for 90 minutes. I hope Regal gets in. He's only been in one RR.

:lol: This is why I love this board.

Bob- I'm in California so I have to wait till 9 Pacific before I can watch Raw.

Unless they take the feud a step further than next week's No DQ match, there should be no reason for Punk or Regal to miss the Rumble match.

:lol: This is why I love this board.

Bob- I'm in California so I have to wait till 9 Pacific before I can watch Raw.

Granted, this is the Rumble thread, and not the Raw thread, but wouldn't it still be common sense to just stay out of all wrestling threads until you got to watch Raw, if you were so worried about being spoiled?

Fazzle I see your point, I wouldn't really think people would expect me to fix the list until later..which is what I was gonna do after I watched Raw tonight...but I guess I'll edit it now to make everyone happy. So is Y2J actually out of the Rumble and Santino is in?

Yeah I guess your right Aero. I'm also gonna try to update the thread when it comes to the order of entrants and the order of eliminations, but however I'm going to be at a friends place so I need to use her laptop because mine sucks ass and has broken down.

Scroby has my support on this one. It's a friggin message board thread about a PPV that isn't happening for a little under two weeks. Participants listed in the first post will be based on when The Scrobster sees a TV show or reads about it on WWE.com and has a chance to edit it. You can all feel free to chime in with "so and so said on commentary that such and such is in the Rumble" and he'll get to it when he can. If you're that impatient and I confirmed it, I can always edit his post. But seriously, just take it down a notch.

During the Kane vs Orton match I heard Cole say that "both of these men are in the Rumble" but Kane hasn't been officially announced as being in the Rumble. Kinda odd.

Wikipedia lists Kane's entry as being WWE confirmed, but that could be from commentary. I also don't see it on WWE.com.

It's weird that Raw only has 8 slots for the match (and that 8 is counting Chris Jericho and Kane) and Santino managed to sneak in the final Raw slot. Guess we'll get some random mystery guys again.

Wikipedia lists Kane's entry as being WWE confirmed, but that could be from commentary. I also don't see it on WWE.com.

It's weird that Raw only has 8 slots for the match (and that 8 is counting Chris Jericho and Kane) and Santino managed to sneak in the final Raw slot. Guess we'll get some random mystery guys again.

ZOMG LEZNAR & LASHLY RETURN @ THE RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though...that's one thing I miss about having 2 brands only...it was easy for the Rumble: 15 from Raw, 15 from Smackdown.

Just because Santino got the "last" spot (which I didn't even hear, I thought he just said he got "the spot") doesn't mean that only the guys announced are the ones that are in. Perhaps Stephanie knows which other guys are getting in, they just haven't been announced yet. I highly doubt Punk misses the Rumble.

Plus isn't Miz and Morrison officially on the ECW Roster?

By my count, Smackdown currently has 5 wrestlers in the Rumble, ECW has 2, and Raw has 6. So that still leaves some spots open for Raw.

Anybody else surprised they didn't do Royal Rumble qualifying matches this year? I for one am glad, as those match-ups tended to be extremely predictable.

Well they are when its Jobber talent v Monster Push Star.

That's all they seemed to be in recent years.

Aye, I'm not disagreeing and it does suck, but then that's current WWE for you. It's not going to rock your boat, its not going to make you second guess, but then, if you play to that level then you won't be disappointed... or surprised. A bit of imagination now and again would be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Well they are when its Jobber talent v Monster Push Star.

That's all they seemed to be in recent years.

So no one had Hacksaw Jim Duggan mowing through Umaga last year? Or the Highlanders over Foley/Horny?

Aye, I'm not disagreeing and it does suck, but then that's current WWE for you. It's not going to rock your boat, its not going to make you second guess, but then, if you play to that level then you won't be disappointed... or surprised. A bit of imagination now and again would be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Wait, all this from Royal Rumble qualifying matches?

Even though the matches were predictable, I liked the idea. It made the Rumble seem important.

I'd like the idea if, to win the qualifier, you had to throw your opponent over the top rope with both their feet hitting the arena floor. Seems to be a more logical way to qualify, anyway, and it'd be a shitton easier to get relative nobodies over in a hurry.

I hated the Rumble qualifying matches because they often

a) included house show matches where one guy won by winning a match where they'd never announce who lost on TV, but the guy who lost eventually got in by winning a match on TV (ex: Chris Jericho defeating Muhammad Hassan to qualify for 2005, yet Hassan eventually won a match on TV to qualify while never being outed as the guy Jericho beat).

or

b) It was painfully obvious who was going to win (ex: Umaga vs. Duggan).