TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Royal Rumble 2009

And Matt turns for...what reason?

Matt was ECW Champion, living the high life...but then everyone focuses on Jeff becoming WWE Champion, everyone ignores Matt.

Matt's jealousy of Jeff, ala Owen's of Bret, consumes him.

They still have 90 minutes left. The Rumble isn't that long is it?

They still have to do a promo for it. 90 seconds between wrestlers and leave some time for the ending. It should last 55-60 minutes.

For storyline purposes, can they use this a reason for Jeff to starting using again?

With all the nods to TLC and mentioning the history of the series, I still think we might see Christian in the Edge/Matt vs. Christian/Jeff combo mentioned by earlier posters. Matt helping Edge is enough of a story, but Matt's justification will be that "He was the good son, not the screw-up. Jeff messed things up so many times, and he still got it better than Matt."

If they go with another TLC match (In the city where they did the first one), it still leaves the problem of what to do now that the belt is on Edge.

They still have 90 minutes left. The Rumble isn't that long is it?

~45 minutes for first 2 participants + 28 further entries, so no. 15 minutes of filler plus post-Rumble festivities leaves us at 10:30, a feasible cutoff point, I guess.

I think they're actually running behind schedule, since the Rumble bell-to-bell is about an hour and they've still got the hype packages/promos to show. They'll be pushing 11pm EST, I think.

So Swagger retains, Edge beats Hardy after his BROTHER turns on him... Are they just going to go totally heel and have Orton win the Rumble, or are they going to "send the fans home happy" by having HHH win? At this point, I'd be fine with Randy taking it.