TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Royal Rumble 2009

For the stat freaks out there, HHH and Big Show tied for most eliminations with 6 each.

Edit: actually, hell with it, here's the full rundown of the Rumble (minus time. I didn't keep that stat.)

1 Rey Mysterio eliminated by Big Show/Finlay

2 John Morrison eliminated by Triple H

3 Carlito eliminated by Kozlov

4 MVP eliminated by Kozlov

5 Great Khali eliminated by Kozlov

6 Vladimir Kozlov eliminated by Triple H

7 Triple H elminated by Randy Orton

8 Randy Orton WINS

9 JTG eliminated by Undertaker

10 Ted DiBiase eliminated by Triple H

11 Chris Jericho eliminated by Undertaker

12 Mike Knox eliminated by Big Show/Finlay

13 The Miz eliminated by Triple H

14 Finlay elminated by Kane

15 Cody Rhodes eliminated by Triple H

16 Undertaker eliminated by Big Show

17 Goldust eliminated by Cody Rhodes

18 CM Punk elminated by Big Show

19 Mark Henry eliminated by Rey Mysterio

20 Shelton Benjamin eliminated by Undertaker

21 William Regal eliminated by CM Punk

22 Kofi Kingston elminated by The Brian Kendrick

23 Kane elminated by Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase

24 R-Truth eliminated by Big Show

25 Rob Van Dam elminated by Chris Jericho

26 The Brian Kendrick eliminated by Triple H

27 Dolph Ziggler eliminated by Kane

28 Santino Marella elminated by Kane

29 Hacksaw Jim Duggan eliminated by Big Show

30 The Big Show eliminated by Orton

after Monday Orton winning was really the only option.

with all the changes it looks like Hunter was scheduled to win but they decided to put the rocket launcher on Orton

I wish it would be Shane returning and joining legacy to give storyline cred to Orton still being employed but it's going to be Steph

Predictable yes, but it made for a nice dynamic that Orton basically had two pawns to work with instead of "Legacy turning on each other in the match".

Definitely. Worked out much better than in 98 where the Nation were fighting each other as if they had no allegiance whatsoever.

Kendrick just sent Kofi packing...

and Kendrick himself goes as well, thus getting the quickest elimination so far.

Even the guy getting the "job" treatment got an elimination, which is nice.

I wonder if TBK had the all-time shortest Rumble time among those w/ an elimination.

Also, was this the year with the most people in the ring at once? It was hard to count the guys on the stream, but I think I got to 14 at one point.

I counted three eliminations for Taker (JTG, Shelton, and Jericho) so he's now tied with Austin for most eliminations all time.

Well, I finally got my Jericho/Undertaker confrintation. Still would like to see those two have a 1 on 1 match sometime.

Interesting note: I believe this is the first time that a father and a son have both been chokeslammed by the Undertaker in a Royal Rumble match (Ted Sr. in 1993, Ted Jr. tonight)

Interesting note: I believe this is the first time that a father and a son have both been chokeslammed by the Undertaker in a Royal Rumble match (Ted Sr. in 1993, Ted Jr. tonight)

I guess Carlos and Carlito didn't want any of that. I see Primo got bumped from the Rumble. If that made room for Hacksaw, that works for me!

Sort of predictable finish to the Rumble, but I gave it a decent fistpump anyway. This will hopefully set them up to do some fairly interesting stuff with Orton leading up to WM, although it all does sort of feel like we're on an inexorable march toward some McMahon joining Legacy. Nevertheless. It was a little hard to gauge bouncing from stream to stream, but it didn't seem like any of the singles matches were anything special. I liked the endings to both title matches, though.

I guess Carlos and Carlito didn't want any of that. I see Primo got bumped from the Rumble. If that made room for Hacksaw, that works for me!

It'd be kind of a neat touch if they had reserved spots in the Rumble for former winners (Well, those that are still with the company at least).

I'm not sure if Carlito was ever chokeslammed by Taker in a Rumble. Carlos' one Rumble he was in way after Taker was (illegally) eliminated...but he had Yokozuna.

I'm not sure if Carlito was ever chokeslammed by Taker in a Rumble. Carlos' one Rumble he was in way after Taker was (illegally) eliminated...but he had Yokozuna.

I know, I just figured I'd use that to segue into Primo's absence.

Kendrick just sent Kofi packing...

and Kendrick himself goes as well, thus getting the quickest elimination so far.

Even the guy getting the "job" treatment got an elimination, which is nice.

I wonder if TBK had the all-time shortest Rumble time among those w/ an elimination.

Also, was this the year with the most people in the ring at once? It was hard to count the guys on the stream, but I think I got to 14 at one point.

How long was Goldberg in the Rumble a few years back? He knocked a few guys out and I don't think he last more then a minute before Lesner knocked him out.

The comments people are leaving on Matt Hardy's Myspace page are fucking HILARIOUS.

Hey Matt!!!!!,

Unlike some people, I know that what happened tonight was all a storyline, but what I don't get is why the writers had to take this angle with it, so I'm not going to say that I hate you because truth be known, I don't hate you, in fact, I love both you & Jeff wholeheartedly, and nothing is ever going to change that.

Though I was shocked at first (like everyone was) when we all first saw that you cost Jeff the WWE title, I know that you didn't really want to do it, but yet you didn't have a choice really.

& though it's all a storyline, even if (for whatever reason) it was real (though i doubt that it was), I'm sure you had your own personal reasons for doing what you did, so I'm not mad at you at all. I just look at is as, you did what you felt you had to do.

storyline or not though, because what happened happened, I'm still predicting a one-on-one brother vs. brother "match" tonight once you guys get home...hee hee j/k :-p

i love you both :-D

-- posted by some fat girl

I enjoyed the show. All of the matches were at least solid, top to bottom, and I really enjoyed this year's Rumble in particular. I liked how they got the athletic guys in first, and then slowly built to having Big Show clear things out at the end.

I called Orton winning, and was happy if unsurprised when he did.

The first 4 entries was a high point for me tonight. Match died in a lot of places to me, including Kozlov dumping MVP, the Miz/Morrison elimination, and Big Show lumbering out at #30, and looking like he was ready to gas out 4 minutes into it, and then he surprises me by avoiding an elimination from Taker.

I actually enjoyed the Hacksaw spot, as did most of the crowd and I was surprised that Show got heat for eliminating him.

Three comedy entries and eliminations in a row killed a lot of the match for me. Kane has to have the record for the special entry/comedy eliminations, right?

Please tell me they're not running Show/Taker at Mania... I'd rather see Shetlon/Taker at this point, they have a great chemistry.

Alright Rumble, glad Orton won, but that final 6 sucked. Take out Taker and Show... replace them with Jericho and RVD or Rey and it would of been much better.

Rumble was fun at the beginning, lot of fast paced action, but the longer it went on, the less enjoyable it became. Too much people laying around the ring while the new guy pulled a couple moves. Also, way too many near misses (all to put over the Big Show near miss?)… meh, not the most existing Rumble ever.

It was fairly obvious that it'd come down to Legacy, I thought it was going to be against Taker, though.