Bored

BCS Championship Game Thread

MNC Question  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Oklahoma
    • Florida

Bradford going Pro?

With all these early entries, if Tebow decides to stay at Florida, the Gators would be downright scary next year. Even if Harvin and Spikes turn pro as expected, those are the only two major losses.

It's not like Tebow's going to succeed at the next level so he might as well continue to be the savior of the SEC for another year.

I guess I should make my prediction.

The more I look at it, the more I think Florida wins this game. If we've learned anything from the past BCS title games, it's that defense prevails. Florida has the better defense. The offenses are pretty evenly matched, but I think Florida has a slight edge given the sheer amount of players that can take it the distance on any play. I really don't believe Oklahoma has a true home run hitter although Gresham does concern me greatly. Oklahoma's shaky kick coverage will cost them; Florida boasts the best kick/punt returner in the country in Brandon James. The return of Percy Harvin will be huge, I'm hoping for at least 15 touches from him.

Final Score: Florida 42, Oklahoma 28

This has nothing to do with the game (well, in a way it does), but if you're trying to kill time, check this out.

Example: Utah beat Wyoming who beat Tennessee who beat Vanderbilt who beat Mississippi who beat Florida.

Interestingly enough, there's no victory chain from Utah to Oklahoma.

Kent St beat

Buffalo who beat

Ball St who beat

Navy who beat

Wake Forest who beat

Mississippi who beat

Florida

I'm predicting UF 33-27, rooting for OU just because I figure it would cause the most chaos.

Well I don't trust my team and I don't want to get my hopes up.

I'll go Florida 45 OU 31.

I think that things could snowball like they did against USC. OU gets down early and they just lose control of things like they have in the past. :( I hope I'm wrong.

AIM Chat: TSMNCChat

And my prediction for tonight's game is at least seventeen mentions of Tim Tebow circumcising filipino boys and that Sam Bradford's face will continue to scare the shit out of me.

That is inexcusable from those two. How do you lose track of something like that?

Too busy plugging the Oklahoma snap clock. Which is essentially just the f'n play clock.

This game has been fast paced but shockingly boring so far. Really sloppy play by both teams really but the defenses sorta kinda maybe came to play. I think. They have on a few plays.

I will say Florida's goal line defense is OUTSTANDING. Two turnovers forced last two times. Right now the defenses are bending like crazy but they are refusing to break. I doubt anyone expected a defensive showdown in the first half. So yeah in a span of less than five minutes, I changed my mind. That happens when a defense forces another red zone turnover.

Bang up job by Brenneman and Davis keeping up on what down it was on the goal to go situation.

It's DECISION TIME~! on fucking 3rd-and-goal from the one.

As this game is going, Im all ready to start proclaiming fucking New Hampshire (they beat Army who beat some team who beat some team who beat some team, who beat another team..that beat Florida..you get the idea) the National Champions.

OOH. Florida finally scored to take the lead.

Guest Czecherbear

In a world that is dripping with sarcasm, the world would be much better if it could spend five minutes with Tim Tebow.

Guest Czecherbear

Oh my God, this play-by-play just cracked me up. Tim Tebow is an amazing young man. He once lived in Taiwan, and the Philippines, and an orphanage, and a leper colony. This sounds like a Dos Equis commercial. He once lived in a leper colony. When announcers try to interview him, he interviews them. He once punched a magician. He is...(thunderclap)...the most interesting white athlete...in the world.

Stanford beat

Oregon St who beat

UCLA who beat

Tennessee who beat

Vanderbilt who beat

Mississippi who beat

Florida

STANFORD~ is #1!!!!!

Man fuck OU. I'm tired of supporting these fucking pansies coached by a fucking asshole that can't win a big game. Fuck these guys. Fucking losers. Enjoy losing your 5th straight BCS game you fucking assholes. Nobodies going to ever believe in your dumbasses again. FUCK YOU OU.

Guest Smues
Man fuck OU. I'm tired of supporting these fucking pansies coached by a fucking asshole that can't win a big game. Fuck these guys. Fucking losers. Enjoy losing your 5th straight BCS game you fucking assholes. Nobodies going to ever believe in your dumbasses again. FUCK YOU OU.

Yeah guys, he sure has changed since he came back!

I personally would be happy if my team was that good year in and year out, but hey what do I know? Oh wait, I'm a Braves fan. The playoff loses hurt, but better to lose in the big games than to fail to make them.

Oh my God, this play-by-play just cracked me up. Tim Tebow is an amazing young man. He once lived in Taiwan, and the Philippines, and an orphanage, and a leper colony. This sounds like a Dos Equis commercial. He once lived in a leper colony. When announcers try to interview him, he interviews them. He once punched a magician. He is...(thunderclap)...the most interesting white athlete...in the world.

"That was the first wrong thing he's done in his life."

Guest Czecherbear

Uh oh. Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews, Rex Grossman, even Chris Leak was on the Bears for like two weeks in August. We're gonna be stuck with this guy.