Sign in to follow this  
Bored

BCS Championship Game Thread

MNC Question  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Oklahoma
    • Florida

"My team got outplayed by a better team. Man, fuck my team. Time to support USC."

Buffalo Bills fans know what I'm going through. Hell I think this is worse than the Buffalo Bills. We've lost 3 straight title games and 5 straight BCS Bowl games. How can you get up for your teams big games after watching them do this year after year? They continually get you hyped up and get you excited then they fucking fail you like that. Meanwhile you watch your rival (Texas) winning 3 straight BCS bowls. You continually listen from the media and fans of other teams say that you're a good team, but not great. That you're alright, but not championship material. They say you're chokers or that you don't belong or that you're always right there, but just not good enough to get it done.

That stuff wears on you. How can you not be jaded and upset after 6 years of this. This has been going on since the 2003 season. How does one put up with it? If someone can tell me I'd honestly like to hear.

Because I'm tired of watching my team fail in big games and I'm tired of listening to shit talked on them constantly, mainly because it's all true and that's what makes it hurt even worse.

If anyone can honestly tell me how the fuck you're supposed to deal with it then I'm all ears. Seriously.

Well the sickening reality is that OU is losing a lot. Bradford probably, Gresham and Trent Williams probably, and for sure Iglesias, Johnson, Harris, Holmes, and the entire offensive line are going pro. So the cupboard is bare and OU will probably spend a year or two rebuilding. So maybe, just maybe they won't actually be in a big bowl game and I won't have to worry about them losing a big game!

Just remember that all the bowl games are really just exhibition games, and that even the championship is a fairly meaningless game whose participants are generated by the votes of people who don't watch the games and some questionable computer formulas. Winning your conference is still the standard by which a great college football season should be judged.

Just remember that all the bowl games are really just exhibition games, and that even the championship is a fairly meaningless game whose participants are generated by the votes of people who don't watch the games and some questionable computer formulas. Winning your conference is still the standard by which a great college football season should be judged.

Well we've got a lot of those, but it just still doesn't garner the respect I wish my team had. I just hate how my team has absolutely no respect nationally because they can't win big games.

I hate Urban Meyer...and for the most part, all college coaches.

"Hey Urban...you've talked about a playoff before but now that you won, ya think someone else has a claim to say 'hey, we should be up there' " ?

"Uhm, no you fucker. We won...I only said that shit when I coaced some meaningless program before I landed here and had God's right hand man guide me to bowl games! Clearly we're the best team in the Nation so fuck everyone else.."

All this talk of a playoff is just that, talk. There's never going to be one because as much as people want to say "Oh, the AD's wouldn't allow it.." coaches from BCS schools aren't going to go for it either because the one year their school would make it would be the year a playoff could see them fucked out of their chance.

Man fuck OU. I'm tired of supporting these fucking pansies coached by a fucking asshole that can't win a big game. Fuck these guys. Fucking losers. Enjoy losing your 5th straight BCS game you fucking assholes. Nobodies going to ever believe in your dumbasses again. FUCK YOU OU.

Aw, sounds like you need to spend five minutes with Tim Tebow.

Seriously, was it just me, or was that like the worst-announced game ever? So many wrong down/yardage calls, pretty much every prediction the color guy made was wrong (They're gonna rush him here... Nope. Ok, this time they'll rush him... Oh, I guess not...), and then the never-ending verbal BJ of Tebow to top it off. I actually didn't mind my Fox audio feed cutting out from time to time.

Man fuck OU. I'm tired of supporting these fucking pansies coached by a fucking asshole that can't win a big game. Fuck these guys. Fucking losers. Enjoy losing your 5th straight BCS game you fucking assholes. Nobodies going to ever believe in your dumbasses again. FUCK YOU OU.

Aw, sounds like you need to spend five minutes with Tim Tebow.

Nah I don't need Tebow, I just need my team to win a fucking big game. They can win conference titles until the cows come home, but can't win anything with national title or BCS attached to the name. That 8th national title just continues to evade us.

OU just comes in and looks terrible on offense or defense or both in these games. It is becoming way to trying. I'm tired of hearing the excuses from the players. I'm tired of hearing the team go "We're angry about the way we finished last season! We're going to finish this season! We're mad!" That gets old too. I've heard it for 5 summers in a row. I'm also tired of hearing everyone talk trash on OU all summer and seeing that little ticker at the bottom of the screen on ESPN and listening to Mark May be as smarmy as possible in regards to them.

And I've got another summer of this crap coming all because these guys can't win a big game.

Maybe they'll go to the Holiday Bowl or Cotton Bowl next season and I won't have to worry about them floundering in a BCS game again.

And another frustrating thing is they looked like they could win this game for the better part of 2.5 quarters. Then they squandered it all with pathetic offensive and defensive performances. Of course credit goes to Florida for stepping up and locking down. But, I've seen too many teams do that way too much.

Who'd have thought that Urban Meyer would be the first coach to hoist the crystal football twice... and he got them from beating both Stoops and Sweater Stoops, which is funny in its own way

It really did seem like Stoops micromanaged (someone else's word) this game. Oklahoma's offense looked to the sidelines way more often that usual instead of just playing at their normal fast pace. Brown ran well but OU's offense as a whole was just stagnant. I just can't believe how far Florida's defense has come along since Michigan lit them up pretty good last year. Anyways...a pretty underwhelming game for the most part.

That broadcast was unbearable. I have never grown to HATE a player as much as Fox made me hate Tim Tebow. It was like in their mind, NO ONE else on Florida won that game. No, it was alllll Tim Tebow. The greatness that is Tim Tebow. After awhile I was expecting, "It's first and Tebow here from the Tebow 40, Tebow drops back to pass and finds Tebow! TEBOW! TEBOW!"

It's really unfair to him cause he is a great college player but I now know I can NEVER watch another broadcast on Fox that involves him. It's like ESPN and USC, you just know now going in what you can expect.

Overall in terms of games that were supposed to end the controversy, this wasn't it. The interceptions were not great plays, they were just sloppy throws, poor reads or just bad hands. The Florida defense won this game hands down for the Gators. Oklahoma failing to get points on those two red zone possessions in the first half ended it.

Congrats to the Gators on winning the "National Championship".

ETA: Also, the final standings according to the talking heads on ESPN

Herb

#1 Florida

#2 USC

#3 Texas

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Utah

Corso

#1 USC

#2 Florida

#3 Texas

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Utah

It really did seem like Stoops micromanaged (someone else's word) this game. Oklahoma's offense looked to the sidelines way more often that usual instead of just playing at their normal fast pace. Brown ran well but OU's offense as a whole was just stagnant. I just can't believe how far Florida's defense has come along since Michigan lit them up pretty good last year. Anyways...a pretty underwhelming game for the most part.

You can second guess Stoops A LOT in this game. They could've been up by 14 points at the end of the first quarter if they'd capitalized on turnovers and actually played with a brain on the goal-line. And kicking that 49 yard field goal when your kicker has been TERRIBLE all season was bad. And the turnover on the goal-line going into halftime was terrible. Both of Bradfords INTs were in the receivers hands.

*EDIT* Did I seriously originally type 49 year old field goal? Man I gotta go to bed. My brain is mush.

Guest Czecherbear
Well we've got a lot of those, but it just still doesn't garner the respect I wish my team had. I just hate how my team has absolutely no respect nationally because they can't win big games.

I respect you nationally. Now shut it.

Congrats to Florida for doing what they should have done and what everyone has done since 2003, namely beat Oklahoma in a major bowl game. I can grasp what Dama is going through, but quite honestly OU should never have been in this game. Consider the deranged scenario that got them here: They lost to Texas head to head, but Texas lost on a last second play to TX Tech. OU didn't actually jump Texas after this, but weeks of running up the score on helpless teams somehow convinced enough people that the Texas loss was forgotten. Add in a convoluted 3 way tie with Tech (who had no business being in this discussion given their late season flop), and the notion that since OU beat a semi decent Cincy team then they should go to the title game. All of this crazy crap to produce something that was obvious to anyone who has watched football over the past 5 years, namely another big game OU loss?

At this point I don't want to see either OU or OSU in another title game. Not unless there is literally no other option, as in both are undefeated and 1-2 in the nation and everyone else has a loss.

Herb

#1 Florida

#2 USC

#3 Texas

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Utah

Corso

#1 USC

#2 Florida

#3 Texas

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Utah

What?! 3rd?! I can see being 2nd to Florida..that's fine...but...behind USC? You've got to be fucking kidding me!

Edit: ...then you have the fucking nerve to vote USC higher than Florida? Someone needs to just do us all a favor and turn Corso into a bottle of fucking glue if he's actually being honest in this.

Herb

#1 Florida

#2 USC

#3 Texas

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Utah

Corso

#1 USC

#2 Florida

#3 Texas

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Utah

What?! 3rd?! I can see being 2nd to Florida..that's fine...but...behind USC? You've got to be fucking kidding me!

Edit: ...then you have the fucking nerve to vote USC higher than Florida? Someone needs to just do us all a favor and turn Corso into a bottle of fucking glue if he's actually being honest in this.

I think you can make an argument for USC at #1.

Should really be Utah, though.

That'll be real nice for you when all that fallout heads down south

Depends on the winds that day..and no one said anything about nuclear bombs..just simple bunker busters or a few Tomahawk's would be fine.

Re: USC #1..

What case?

Utah..the only thing you have is "undefeated"..but you could poke holes in that with the whole "well..they don't play in a power conference" and the other arguments as to why other teams shouldn't be jumped so high.

USC..I just don't see how you jump them to #1 over Florida or even ahead of Texas.

The real fun will be seeing how the AP first-place votes split

USC will get votes, Texas won't get as many because the whole Big 12 as a group got slapped (and the win over Ohio State wasn't decisive) this bowl season, and Utah may get one pity vote but that is about it. Florida will get the AP because well, they love Tim Tebow and Florida.

That'll be real nice for you when all that fallout heads down south

Depends on the winds that day..and no one said anything about nuclear bombs..just simple bunker busters or a few Tomahawk's would be fine.

Re: USC #1..

What case?

Utah..the only thing you have is "undefeated"..but you could poke holes in that with the whole "well..they don't play in a power conference" and the other arguments as to why other teams shouldn't be jumped so high.

USC..I just don't see how you jump them to #1 over Florida or even ahead of Texas.

"Undefeated" is a pretty big reason considering that they're the only team to actually go undefeated this year in the FBS. In addition to that, they beat four ranked teams including an ass raping of Alabama from the big bad SEC. They did what every team sets out to do at the beginning of the season - won every game. They deserve to be crowned the champions for that.

As far as USC "jumping" Texas or Florida.. well, it sounds worse when you say jump them because it is hard to argue for why a team should leapfrog over another who won, but I really don't believe that USC should have been behind those teams in the first place. The fact that USC won the Rose Bowl so decisively and that the Pac-10 went 5-0 in bowl games this year just strengthens their argument.

Guest Smues
"My team got outplayed by a better team. Man, fuck my team. Time to support USC."

Buffalo Bills fans know what I'm going through. Hell I think this is worse than the Buffalo Bills. We've lost 3 straight title games and 5 straight BCS Bowl games. How can you get up for your teams big games after watching them do this year after year? They continually get you hyped up and get you excited then they fucking fail you like that. Meanwhile you watch your rival (Texas) winning 3 straight BCS bowls. You continually listen from the media and fans of other teams say that you're a good team, but not great. That you're alright, but not championship material. They say you're chokers or that you don't belong or that you're always right there, but just not good enough to get it done.

That stuff wears on you. How can you not be jaded and upset after 6 years of this. This has been going on since the 2003 season. How does one put up with it? If someone can tell me I'd honestly like to hear.

Because I'm tired of watching my team fail in big games and I'm tired of listening to shit talked on them constantly, mainly because it's all true and that's what makes it hurt even worse.

If anyone can honestly tell me how the fuck you're supposed to deal with it then I'm all ears. Seriously.

The Bills never won the superbowl. OU won a title this decade. They're more the Atlanta Braves, 1 title and a lot of near misses. How do you deal with it? You get to cheer for your team after most teams are already done, you feel like crap after they lose, then you look forward to next year, because you know they're going to be competitive again. Making the title game and losing year after year still beats not making the title game.

Guest Smues

So I had the TV on ESPN, and instead of showing clips of the game when they recapped it on their Sportscenter college football special! they showed still photos. Really? Fox has exclusive rights to the game video or something until tomorrow or something? God that's stupid.

Didn't USC have a public assraping of Penn State, the team that defeated Ohio State? An Ohio State team Texas needed a amazing fourth quarter drive to defeat?

The problem this season is all four of these teams have a claim. Utah went undefeated and hammered the second best team in the crowned best conference. USC lost to an Oregon State team that was no slouch and then beat everyone in their path much like Florida. Florida just slapped Oklahoma in the mouth for an entire half and walked out with the BCS title. Texas, well they defeated Oklahoma and their only defeat was to a top 10 team on a final drive.

The problem is, well Texas had their case severely hurt by Penn State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma. Unfairly but their case really really got shredded. About the only way Texas was getting a serious claim from the voters was if Oklahoma won. Oklahoma did not. Maybe they get a claim if Texas Tech holds up in their bowl. Tech did not. That left a USC struggle against the Lions, that certainly didn't happen.

In the eyes of the voters, I'd say UNFAIRLY that the weakest case now belongs to Texas. Do they still have a case? Absolutely they have one. Is it strong anymore? No chance in hell.