TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

College Basketball: January '09

Boston College is up by twelve at North Carolina with less than ten minutes to go. Game is on FSN.

Make that 14.

Just once I'd like a team to get even halfway to an undefeated season (or a 72-win season in the NBA or what have you) before the media starts to seriously speculate about it. I know they're just trying to give themselves something to talk about, but all it does is make them look stupid when something like this happens.

North Carolina lost to fucking BC? BC? Seriously? L O L. I didn't even watch the game because I forgot it was on, then I just assumed UNC won. That's awesome. Undefeated. pffft. It's all about Illinois State.

U of L with the win today over UK on a crazy 30+ foot 3 from Sosa. My guys tried their best to blow it late (giving up a 7 pt. lead in the last minute???) but still managed to hold on.

The irony about that UNC game is that Wake and Clemson have yet to lose so UNC wasn't the last unbeaten in their own league.

Full TV Schedule for Week of 1/5 - 1/11

Network/Basic Cable Schedule

MONDAY

#9 Georgetown at #13 Notre Dame, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

TUESDAY

Ohio State at #8 Michigan State, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

#7 Texas at Arkansas, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN2

WEDNESDAY

Davidson at #2 Duke, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

#23 Louisville at South Florida, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

Gonzaga at #15 Tennessee, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN2

THURSDAY

#22 Minnesota at Iowa, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

Oregon State at #20 Arizona State, 10:30/7:30 PM, FSN

SATURDAY

#23 Louisville at #18 Villanova, Noon/9:00 AM, ESPN

Kansas at #8 Michigan State, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, CBS

#2 Duke at Florida State, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, ESPN

Missouri at Nebraska, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, ESPN2

Oregon at #20 Arizona State, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, FSN

Utah at San Diego State, 4:00/1:00 PM, Versus

SUNDAY

Wisconsin at #14 Purdue, 1:30 PM/10:30 AM, CBS

#3 North Carolina at #4 Wake Forest, 8:00/5:00 PM, FSN

#10 UCLA at USC, 10:30/7:30 PM, FSN

Edited by Bored

The Florida State Noles finished their average non-conference schedule up 13-2. So if they can somehow find 8 wins in conference then they should look a lot better in terms getting in the tourney. Wins over Cal, Cincy and Florida are actually pretty solid in the long run.

They really need the tournament this year to save Hamilton as the head coach. Cause the idiot Seminole alumni don't realize that he is STILL the best they are going to get for recruiting players to come to FSU.

I didn't even watch the BC game yesterday because to be honest it didn't even register to me as something worth watching. I, apparently like the team itself, got a little too confident in this season.

I have to admit - I was dreaming of an undefeated season since Hansbrough came back, but oh well... I think two wins over Duke and not choking in the tournament like the last two years will suffice.

Notre Dame beat Georgetown last night. I can't figure this season out, but I don't want to. It's a lot more fun this way.

2GOLD: I am really impressed with FSU so far this year OOC. That win over Florida was huge, as was the Cincy game. I got a lot of their games on via the Sun Sports network for some reason, and they're a good team. I think they can go 8-8 in conference play, and with a win in the conference tournament, they should definitely be in. I am worried about them as a Maryland fan, as we'll probably finish with an average record in conference play also, and FSU's non-conference resume is more impressive (we beat Michigan State, but then got demolished by Gonzaga and Georgetown)

Damn, Arkansas might be a problem this year. They just beat Texas, giving them their second win over a top 10 team in a week (beat Oklahoma a few days ago).

Villanova just fucked up the entire last two minutes of that Louisville game. Just awful. They deserved that heart-breaking loss.

Whew, that Nova game was a close call. If U of L wouldn't have these bizarre lapses in focus the game wouldn't have been in doubt, just a solid 9 point type win. Still, I'd rather have a 1 point loss to UNLV and a 1 point win at Villanova than vice versa.

Next: Notre Dame. I fully expect a win, but not so much in the rematch at South Bend.

Memphis escaped with one at Central Florida over the weekend. Apparently fans chanted Mario Chalmers during the pregame warmups, stay classy Central Florida.

With Saturday now football free, it means there will be an ass load of televised games on Saturday. CBS will have a big doubleheader of Georgetown/Duke and ASU/UCLA and there will also be the first ESABCPN telecast of the year with a regional game. Hey there's even Horizon and Missouri Valley league action as well.

Full TV Schedule for Week of 1/12 - 1/18

Network/Basic Cable Schedule

MONDAY

#12 Notre Dame at #20 Louisville, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

#11 Texas at #6 Oklahoma, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN

TUESDAY

Indiana at Ohio State, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

Memphis at Tulsa, 7:30/4:30 PM, ESPN2

Kentucky at #24 Tennessee, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN

WEDNESDAY

#3 Duke at Georgia Tech, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

#8 Syracuse at #13 Georgetown, 7:30/4:30 PM, ESPN2

#21 Baylor at Texas A&M, 9:30/6:30 PM, ESPN2

THURSDAY

#4 Connecticut at St. John's, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

#19 Purdue at Northwestern, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

#5 North Carolina at Virginia, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN

Washington State at Oregon State, 9:00/6:00 PM, FSN

Arizona at #9 UCLA, 11:00/8:00 PM, FSN

SATURDAY

#12 Notre Dame at #8 Syracuse, Noon/9:00 AM, ESPN

Northern Iowa at Drake, Noon/9:00 AM, ESPN2

#13 Georgetown at #3 Duke, 1:30 PM/10:30 AM, CBS

#6 Oklahoma at Texas A&M, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, ESPN

#17 Butler at Illinois-Chicago, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, ESPN2

Washington State at Oregon, 2:00 PM/11:00 AM, FSN

#2 Wake Forest at #10 Clemson, 3:30/12:30 PM, ABC*

Kansas at Colorado, 3:30/12:30 PM, ABC*

#16 Arizona State at #9 UCLA, 3:45/12:45 PM, CBS

Illinois at #7 Michigan State, 4:00/1:00 PM, ESPN

BYU at New Mexico, 4:00/1:00 PM, Versus

#1 Pittsburgh at #20 Louisville, 6:00/3:00 PM, ESPN

Temple at Massachusetts, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

Miami at #5 North Carolina, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN

#14 Marquette at Providence, 9:00/6:00 PM, ESPN2

Pacific at Cal State Fullerton, 11:00/9:00 PM, ESPN2

Edited by Bored

You know what's weird about Memphis now? The refs actually give them calls. I'll freely admit that they got a few gifts from the refs, and I've never seen that happen

Jodie Meeks is an absolute madman. Tennessee doesn't play much D but that was still unreal tonight. 54 against a rival on the road?

I just checked his stats out and dude gets 25.9ppg and shoots 44.7% from long range? Does this guy get any attention from NBA scouts or was that a stupid question?

Meeks has just recently started this barrage, as in this year. He was hurt most of last year, so perhaps NBA scouts want to see a bit more of a body of work. Still, if he comes out surely he would get drafted with the kind of crazy numbers he's putting up.

U of L 69, Pitt 63. Man, I was going nuts over that one, as in "Man, we can't beat these guys....oh, wait maybe we can....crap, they stopped our run....yes, we've got em!" Now it's the Cards and Marquette at the top of the Big East. Two C-USA teams left unbeaten in the Big East, who would believe that?

I was watching that game live. That shit was CRAZY. He just moseyed he way on down from the stands, walked behind the bench, and steped through the Providence players to get out onto the court. Insane.

Well Carolina played like I've always known they can play. If they come out and play every game like they did that second half, it will be tough for anybody to beat them, that's why they are still my pick to win it all. Ellington was just sick with those threes, but props to McClinton too, because that dude can shoot lights out from anywhere on the court.