Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL PLAYOFFS

Guest Agent of Oblivion

We got us

Ravens @ Titans

Chargers @ Steelers

Eagles @ Giants

Cardinals @ Panthers

Titans 14-13 - because if my team is going to lose I want Marvin's team out too and I want it to happen due to a botched PAT in the waning moments of the 4th.

Steelers 24-20 - If Big Ben is healthy because I can't see Sproles playing that well again and LT's not even going to be a decoy this time around.

or Chargers 28-13 - If Big Ben isn't quite healthy and he plays like Brett Favre.

Eagles 27-14 - I think the Cowboy killing karma from last year gets us this year, but McNabb could always wake up and have a 3 INT game which is my only hope at this point since Westbrook will sodomize Pierce at will again.

Panthers 31-21 - STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH.

I find myself with no real rooting interest in these playoffs. Last year, I was at least able to root against the Patriots, which ultimately led to one of the more euphoric sports moments in recent memory. I got nothing this year. I don't know if I can muster up the interest to become a Tennessee Titans fan for a couple of weeks.

Nevertheless, I shall go with Titans/Steelers/Eagles/Panthers.

Guest Vitamin X
Ravens

Eagles

Steelers

Panthers

Eagles

Chargers

Titans

Wow, hell of a spread there, McNabb. No, the Eagles can't win twice and the Steelers-Chargers game can't end in a tie in the playoffs.

Should be an interesting weekend of football. I have no real rooting interest left (besides a slight lean to Philly due to the McNabb-Syracuse connection), but I will be rooting hard against the Chargers and Ravens. I won't make picks because I have to pick in the kkkoffs.

Ravens

Eagles

Steelers

Panthers

Eagles

Chargers

Titans

Wow, hell of a spread there, McNabb. No, the Eagles can't win twice and the Steelers-Chargers game can't end in a tie in the playoffs.

R

E

S

P

E

C

T

Hilarious I am.

Ravens - Kerry Collins sucks vs the Ravens and the Ravens will shut down Chris Johnson (held to 44 yards in earlier matchup this year) like they've done to virtually every other RB for the last 2 plus years, forcing Collins to throw the ball more and thus finding Ed Reed at least once. Flacco will probably struggle but I think the Ravens will be able to run the ball better than they did in the first matchup. The key will be penalties because thats what did in the Ravens in the first meeting and its what almost cost them the game today vs the Dolphins (the lone Dolphins TD drive was aided by like 3 stupid penalties). Id favor the Ravens a lot more if Haynesworth doesnt play as well, but my guess is he at least starts the game for the titans no matter what.

Chargers - as much as I figure the Steelers should win, I keep going back to their 11-10 win over the Chargers earlier and think that the Chargers could pull it out, and as a Ravens fan Id much rather play the Chargers in SD than the Steelers.

As far as the NFC, its pretty safe to say that the Giants and Panthers are headed to the Championship game.

As far as the NFC, its pretty safe to say that the Giants and Panthers are headed to the Championship game.

Although I suspect you have me on ignore, I'll still say this line proves you have no analysis whatsoever into anything other than your team and possible teams to play your team. If you don't know anything about the NFC side of the playoffs, don't comment on it because you look like a fool.

Ravens - I really like the Ravens D, and I hope Flacco can keep it together [ignores Ravens fans]

Chargers - I don't really care for the Chargers but I don't like the Steelers, so this is more of a want than a sure thing.

Eagles - Well, I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm going with the Awesome D (+ McNabb & the boys). The Eagles also have a Giants 2007 feeling in the playoffs.

Panthers - Congrats to the Cards for their victory, but I don't know if they can keep it up. If they can, fair play to them, I don't really care. Except it'll be an easier match for the Eagles in the Championship game.

Titans: Collins doesn't do well against the Ravens (not that I care, the Panther-ditching drunk) but Flacco shouldn't be much better; it comes down to a battle of defense vs run games and I trust Tennessee & Bironas more than I trust Baltimore & Stover in a field goal bonanza. Bironas' extra range gives the Titans more scoring opportunities and that'll help; if VY comes off the bench to Wildcat Baltimore might be in trouble.

Steelers: Chargers have been good but they aren't that good. LT is a concern and Sproles' durability comes into question; he had a huge game at home against a small Colts defense, but I don't think he'll do as well against a bigger, nastier defense. This is where San Diego regrets letting Turner go to FA. LT doesn't play, and it's up to Rivers to win them the game. I don't think he can do it.

Eagles in the upset: Giants were flat against Minnesota after beating Carolina for home field, and they then had a bye week, go in against a team they've already beaten (that also needed a Week 17 miracle to make the postseason). Coughlin's discipline kicks in and they make a run in the second half, but Philly starts hot and holds on. Missing Burress costs Eli the one weapon he needs to really burn the Eagles blitz-happy defense.

Panthers: Could go either way here, honestly. Carolina and Atlanta are very similar teams, with two-back run-heavy offenses coupled with play-action passing to a primary target and a handful of role receivers that don't wow anybody. I'll summarize this one as succinctly as possible: It's just a matter of whether Jake Delhomme Favres or not. He can win or lose a game for you, and this one comes down to his play. More than one turnover out of him is curtains, the matchup is too close for those kinds of mistakes and Carolina's defense isn't going to get the takeaways necessary to negate those errors.

Eagles in the upset: Giants were flat against Minnesota after beating Carolina for home field, and they then had a bye week, go in against a team they've already beaten (that also needed a Week 17 miracle to make the postseason). Coughlin's discipline kicks in and they make a run in the second half, but Philly starts hot and holds on. Missing Burress costs Eli the one weapon he needs to really burn the Eagles blitz-happy defense.

The Giants didn't play the starters for most of the second half of the Viking game because they already had the 1 seed sewn up, and only ended up losing by a point.

The Giants didn't play the starters for most of the second half of the Viking game because they already had the 1 seed sewn up, and only ended up losing by a point.

The starters only got 9 points in that first half, and David Carr with the backups statistically outplayed Manning & the starters. Either way, they haven't played a meaningful game in 2 weeks, and the one game they could've pretended had meaning they did not perform well enough to convince me they're ready for a red-hot Eagles team who's already beaten them in Giants Stadium this year.

Titans, Steelers, Giants, Cardinals. The one thing that hurt the Cardinals when they played @ CAR earlier this year was the complete absence of a running game. With James finding his legs again, I think they pull the hilarious upset.

The pick I'm most confident in is the Giants. Eagles played them tough both games and won in week 14, but the week off to gameplan and rest will be a big help. Giants get up 14-0 early on the run game, and end up holding on something like 27-20. As for the AFC, I think the Chargers are going to get rolled and the Titans have one good playoff game in them. Would not be surprised to see the Ravens eke it out since their defense has been getting better all year (Jim Leonhard and Ed Reed have played nastier every game down the stretch) while Tennessee's has seemingly been wearing down at the same time. I was surprised to see that the Titans didn't sack Flacco at all in the first game, but I think they're going to hit him a lot more this time around and cause a couple of mistakes.

The starters only got 9 points in that first half, and David Carr with the backups statistically outplayed Manning & the starters. Either way, they haven't played a meaningful game in 2 weeks, and the one game they could've pretended had meaning they did not perform well enough to convince me they're ready for a red-hot Eagles team who's already beaten them in Giants Stadium this year.

Brandon Jacobs didn't even dress for the game. The only game that the Giants have lost this year where Jacobs played all 4 quarters was the Browns loss on MNF in October. The Viking game was a heavy dose of Ward, Bradshaw, and giving a bunch of guys that were banged up the game off, then by half time everybody was outta there. I'm very confident in the Giants this week. I'm a bit surprised at the number of people that are picking Philly in this one.

Titans in a field goal shootout. Though they really need Haynesworth and to a lesser extent Vanden Bosch healthy, Collins will probably suck so they need to hit Flacco early and often to even things up.

Steelers

Giants

Panthers

Ravens - Marvin's craziness aside, I like what the Ravens do on defense. The offense has to move the ball better and not wear them out and Flacco was decidedly off the last game. Still, he's a rookie who now has a playoff win under his belt. I'm picking the Ravens mainly because, well, Ed Reed. Flacco will hit one deep ball of the ones he missed against the Dolphins (cause the deep play was open, he just missed it) and that'll be the difference. But no disrespect to the Titans, I wouldn't be shocked if they won going anyway. But I'm still taking the Ravens. Ed Reed is just...damn.

Chargers- Ben coming back after a concussion is all I need to know. The Steelers defense is great but I think Rivers and Sproles are on a mission to take what they feel they let slip away last year. I'll give it to the Chargers by a field goal.

Giants- Giants are probably beyond tired of being told their defensive line isn't the same and a week of hearing about the surging Eagles is just going to piss them off more. The Eagles defense shut down the two headed monster of Peterson and Taylor so I know they can stop the two head the Giants offer up. The difference? Eli Manning isn't T Jack. It will be a great game but I'm giving it to the Giants. Andy Reid is going to get cute one of these games and I get the feeling this is the game he will.

Cardinals- Why not? This season is so god damn stupid and crazy, I'll pick them. Although no Boldin will make this stupid pick into a suicide pick. Still, I'm sticking with it. The Cards to the NFC TITLE GAME!

Ravens - I'd much rather have the Chargers play the Ravens than the Titans. As long as Rivers doesn't go into retard mode and start lofting up deep balls then we'd have a better shot against them than the Titans. But if the Titans can get their running game established early, they'll win this by 10. I hope they don't. I'll say it's Ravens 30, Titans 17.

Chargers - We're going to hurt Big Ben early and it'll be downhill for the Steelers offense from that point on. Their defense will keep them in the game for a while, but Sproles will put it away on a big play late in the 4th quarter. Chargers 23, Steelers 12.

Eagles - If McNabb doesn't have a stroke, and continues playing the way he has been... this will be a high scoring game. If he goes back to playing like he has his head up his ass, then it's the Giants in a fucking blowout. But I have faith in McNabb and the Eagles and say they win 38-34.

Panthers - Cardinals were my Super Bowl pick to rep the NFC and I hope they do win but I can't see it. Panthers are going to pound the ball right up their ass. Panther 45, Cardinals 21.

Brandon Jacobs didn't even dress for the game.

Yes he did...

No he didn't. He was wearing a sweatshirt and cheering his team on. It was pretty obvious he was in street clothes when he celebrated with Ward after Ward got to 1,000 yards.

I was surprised to see that the Titans are only 2 1/2 point favorites, least of all the home teams that are favored. Carolina is 9 1/2 which seems a bit high to me even if it is the Cardinals.

Also, the weather in Nashville on Saturday is supposed to be pretty nasty..ugh.