TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL PLAYOFFS

By the way, awesome win today by the Eagles. The Giants didn't win not because they didn't have Plaxico, or because their kicker missed two FG's, but because my team came to play knowing it was going to be an ugly game, and did a great job, especially defensively.

I was pretty stoked after the Eagles win today. I told my friend "We're going to the Super Bowl!" and he said "What makes you say that?" and I said "They can take the Cardinals!" Then he made a very valid point "Isn't that what Atlanta and Carolina thought?" I hope it ends up like the game in Philly though. *prays*

It's not. There are gonna be people who don't wanna hear about your precious rookie Joe Flacco. There are gonna be people who don't wanna hear about the soap opera known as Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid. There will be people who don't wanna hear about WE GET NO RESPECT from dem Cardinals. The Steelers are pretty much the only team nationally that won't annoy people.

Guest Vitamin X

If the Steelers win, they'll be the only team to have won 6 Super Bowls. That would be pretty impressive.

That said, the playoffs so far have been pretty disappointing. Best game by far has been Chargers/Colts, with maybe Eagles/Vikings coming up behind it. Every other game has been dull or not very interesting, excepting that Ravens/Titans game tomorrow.

I guess 3 out of 8 games played isn't too bad, though.

Cardinals/Steelers is a great matchup.

Warner, Fitzgerald and Boldin against that defense? Mouthwatering.

Cardinals/Anyone would be horrible. Having watched that absolutely fucking pitiful week 16 performance of theirs in New England, I'm totally stunned that Arizona has made it this far. But, seriously, the madness has to stop at some point. They would get smothered by either Baltimore or Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

Lost in all this is the hilarious fact that EHME actually lives nowhere near Philadelphia. Bob barron is much closer to Philly, let alone being in the same country.

My mother is from Phildadelphia, and it's irrelevent to the discussion.

You're a Green Bay resident aren't you? Yeah okay...

Cardinals/Anyone would be horrible. Having watched that absolutely fucking pitiful week 16 performance of theirs in New England, I'm totally stunned that Arizona has made it this far. But, seriously, the madness has to stop at some point. They would get smothered by either Baltimore or Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

I saw what Justin Gage did to the Ravens secondary and it has me worried about the Ravens facing the Cardinals. Hopefully though they'd blitz the hell out of Warner and he wouldnt even get to make the throws to Fitz/Boldin to start with.

Lost in all this is the hilarious fact that EHME actually lives nowhere near Philadelphia. Bob barron is much closer to Philly, let alone being in the same country.

My mother is from Phildadelphia, and it's irrelevent to the discussion.

You're a Green Bay resident aren't you? Yeah okay...

He's not defending Green Bay, so it's irrelevant.

Guest Czecherbear

One of the complaints with Bob Barron is that he has never changed his name, avatar, subtitle, or signature. Tonight, everything changes. I'm changing his name to "bobby bitch" and he's gonna like it.

One of the complaints with Bob Barron is that he has never changed his name, avatar, subtitle, or signature. Tonight, everything changes. I'm changing his name to "bobby bitch" and he's gonna like it.

+4

I don't think I'd get as annoyed with him if I didn't know what he looked like. The thought of someone that looks like him talking shit is embarrassing, amirite?

I know. EHME doesn't look like the hard ass nigger he portrays himself as

Well, my team sure ate shit today.

Thats the history of the Giants for you. Superbowl in 87, bad playoff loses to the Rams and Eagles in the following years. Superbowl in 91 and missed the playoffs the next couple of seasons under Handley. Look at the Reeves era, they made the playoffs one time and got blown out by the 49ers. Look at the Fassell era, a bad loss at home against the Vikings in 97 after a great regular season. They got blown out in the Superbowl and then choked away a big lead in 2003 against the 49ers. Then we have the Coughlin era. They get blown out at home against the Panthers, lose a heartbreaker against the Eagles, shock the world by beating the Pats and this year they didn't even bother to show up.

Look at the bright side though. You aren't a Jets fan. They have nothing but heartbreak. 3 Superbowls and 4 NFC Championships in 22 years is pretty good.

Although it was a disappointing game, and a piss-poor effort at that, I am still celebrating over last year. They had a great run this season and the future is looking good. The team is very young.

It's going to kick in next week when the Giants aren't hosting the NFC championship game.

I was wondering all season how much Osi's preseason injury affected the Giants' pass rush. More than anyone, he was probably the guy missed the most.

He was gone all year though. You can live with that. It's not like he got injured last week and couldn't play today. Giants had 42 sacks in 14 games against the rest of the league and 0 in 3 games against the Eagles.