TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL PLAYOFFS

I was wondering all season how much Osi's preseason injury affected the Giants' pass rush. More than anyone, he was probably the guy missed the most.

He was gone all year though. You can live with that. It's not like he got injured last week and couldn't play today. Giants had 42 sacks in 14 games against the rest of the league and 0 in 3 games against the Eagles.

Well, exactly. Every little bit counts. I'm thinking about how the Giants weren't so great on getting that big third down stop sometimes (or how they couldn't force Cleveland's punter to make a single appearance through an entire game). I'm just reflecting on the season now that it's over, and the theme of the Giants from last January to now seemed to be "does any single person count? Who was really missed?" in terms of Barber, Shockey, Strahan, Osi, Burress and Jacobs. I'm not here to answer such questions definitively, as they can't honestly be measured in any sort of quantitative terms. Maybe the last two, but I'm mulling these things over right now.

Philly didn't burn to the ground. Neither did New York. We need to stop saying these types of things when the last 10 people in a parking lot flail on some derelict cars.

Unfortunately when the media paints pictures for their audience, their audience is more than apt to believe it. Traveling or not, if bob really wanted to see how Philly was and put all the media bullshit behind him, he'd see it's not bad at all.

Philly is one of those cities bound by their sports teams. If you're a fan of a team and go to a game, your friends for life with basically everyone there.