TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

OaO WWE Raw - January 5, 2009

So next week are we pulling for the psychotic stalker who spent much of last year beating up Rey? Or the egotistical womanizer with a superiority complex?

Yes.

Also, wtf is with Santino's beard.

Never see a regular beard before?

Vince coming back the week before Royal Rumble can mean only one thing. He is entering and will win it all.

Just so long as Vince stays around as a neutral authority figure like Steph has been, I'm fine with his return.

and maybe he can secretly give HBK a raise so he doesn't have to work for JBL anymore. Then at the Rumble HBK screws JBL over thus leading to the epic HBK/JBL match at NWO.

I think Christian may get involved in this match if earlier rumours are true. Possibly an alliance with Jericho, or maybe as a new member of the Legacy?

Also I really like the RR graphic. It's really fitting to Detroit.

I think Christian may get involved in this match if earlier rumours are true. Possibly an alliance with Jericho, or maybe as a new member of the Legacy?

The whole point of the Legacy stable is that they are all 2nd/3rd generation superstars. Christian joining them would make no sense at all.

I'm glad Deuce is out of Legacy. I really hope it just ends up being Orton, Dibiase, Rhodes and a fourth that isn't Manu or Deuce.

I agree. Make Joe Hennig the fourth.

However I fear there could be a "shadow legacy" stable featuring Manu and Snuka or in the very least a Manu/Snuka "Islanders" tag team.

Also last week Lawler kept saying how Sim looked so much like his father - was that a rib or something as Sim is adopted?

Finally Cody Rhodes used the "Roll of the dice" finisher. How many wrestlers have used that over the years?

The whole point of the Legacy stable is that they are all 2nd/3rd generation superstars. Christian joining them would make no sense at all.

Maybe another alliance wqith Jericho? If not, he may be debuting next week on either SD or Raw.

Maybe another alliance wqith Jericho? If not, he may be debuting next week on either SD or Raw.

Screw that I want an Edge/Christian/Venis/Kizarny faction on SD!

Kizarny sucks.

Screw that I want an Edge/Christian/Venis/Kizarny faction on SD!

Kizarny sucks.

Last week he wanted Helms, now Venis.

Wrong. Helms was going to be on the Hardy Boys side of the battle.

Wasn't Kizarny on that side as well? If not, I am mistaken.

Wrong. Helms was going to be on the Hardy Boys side of the battle.

Wasn't Kizarny on that side as well? If not, I am mistaken.

Nah it was Edge, Christian and Kizarny vs Matt, Jeff and Helms as all sides would have legit "growing up together" history.

Cena vs HBK next week. Regal vs Punk for the IC Title II as well.

Orton seemed to be lowered with all of this Legacy interactions. I mean Manu is unestablished and sorta sloppy looking, and Sim is Deuce the jobber for crying out loud. I guess it gives him a side story, but if he's going to be in the ME angle for Raw heading into WM - the Legacy storyline doesn't really fit.

That show was kind of good actually, the Shawn-JBL stuff was furthered well . Damn I was just thinking earlier how weird is it that we have had no Vince for 6 months, yay more McMahon family feuding! Also have to note the dude sitting next to Beth's fan with a "Rosa Mendez's Fan" sign held up during her appearance. I think I saw her notice it, she probably had a laugh at that. So now we get the IC rematch, Kane vs Orton, and Shawn vs Cena next week, should be fun.

I still stand by the opinion that JBL has to win the title at the Rumble. What can Cena do at WM with the title that would be at all interesting given the guys on Raw? Another match with Orton or Jericho? At least JBL winning could lead to HBK turning on him and winning the EC or something, go to WM, etc.

I still stand by the opinion that JBL has to win the title at the Rumble. What can Cena do at WM with the title that would be at all interesting given the guys on Raw? Another match with Orton or Jericho? At least JBL winning could lead to HBK turning on him and winning the EC or something, go to WM, etc.

Tell me you don't honestly think that JBL should be in the main event of Wrestlemania 25. I like JBL and all, but COME ON. There is no reason whatsoever that the title match shouldn't be Cena vs. Orton, unless one of them ends up facing Austin instead.

Tell me you don't honestly think that JBL should be in the main event of Wrestlemania 25. I like JBL and all, but COME ON. There is no reason whatsoever that the title match shouldn't be Cena vs. Orton, unless one of them ends up facing Austin instead.

Don't discount JBL v HBK in the Battle for Texas. Throw in another two months of this storyline's slow burn, maybe a "Beat me and earn financial security for the rest of your life; lose and you retire, just like you retired Ric Flair: beaten, battered, and broke." stipulation and you have a respectable main event regardless of workrate.