TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

OaO WWE Raw - January 5, 2009

I still stand by the opinion that JBL has to win the title at the Rumble. What can Cena do at WM with the title that would be at all interesting given the guys on Raw? Another match with Orton or Jericho? At least JBL winning could lead to HBK turning on him and winning the EC or something, go to WM, etc.

Tell me you don't honestly think that JBL should be in the main event of Wrestlemania 25. I like JBL and all, but COME ON. There is no reason whatsoever that the title match shouldn't be Cena vs. Orton, unless one of them ends up facing Austin instead.

Don't discount JBL v HBK in the Battle for Texas. Throw in another two months of this storyline's slow burn, maybe a "Beat me and earn financial security for the rest of your life; lose and you retire, just like you retired Ric Flair: beaten, battered, and broke." stipulation and you have a respectable main event regardless of workrate.

I think it's a lock JBL/HBK will be at Mania, and I wouldnt be shocked to see it end up being for the title at this point (Michaels retires unless he wins the title), via Michaels winning either the Rumble in a swerve (since apparently he's not in the match as of right now) or at the Elimination Chamber match. I say this since I'm expecting them to book Cena/Austin at Mania, and that certainly doesn't have to be for the belt. That leaves Orton out in the dust a bit, but a suitable spot could be found for him in the undercard without him challenging for a title. It's really too bad they couldnt talk Rock back into one more match, as Orton/Rock would be a really strong Mania bout, fitting for the calibur of the show this should be on paper.

Almost wondering too, after the news that Vince is coming back, apparently per a Jericho persuation, that we get HHH/Jericho at Mania also, with Steph in one corner and Vince in another. Another Raw guy could be put in HHH's spot though, and preferably so. Or they could finally do the Kennedy is Vince's real son deal, and do it that way to lead to Jericho w/ one McMahon against Kennedy w/ the other.

Next week sounds pretty good to me, I got a ticket for the live show in Sioux City, IA (a small arena I'm shocked to hear they are having Raw at, since its pretty tiny, but they have had Smackdown taped there a few times before) so hopefully Cena/HBK and Punk/Regal end up being good matches.

I still stand by the opinion that JBL has to win the title at the Rumble. What can Cena do at WM with the title that would be at all interesting given the guys on Raw? Another match with Orton or Jericho? At least JBL winning could lead to HBK turning on him and winning the EC or something, go to WM, etc.

Tell me you don't honestly think that JBL should be in the main event of Wrestlemania 25. I like JBL and all, but COME ON. There is no reason whatsoever that the title match shouldn't be Cena vs. Orton, unless one of them ends up facing Austin instead.

Don't discount JBL v HBK in the Battle for Texas. Throw in another two months of this storyline's slow burn, maybe a "Beat me and earn financial security for the rest of your life; lose and you retire, just like you retired Ric Flair: beaten, battered, and broke." stipulation and you have a respectable main event regardless of workrate.

Ding. JBL vs HBK may not be a match of the year candidate however it could be a really great match over all. The storyline is there, HBK the ultimate babyface is there, JBL, a great solid heel who draws a lot of heat from a crowd is there, and since Wrestlemania is in Texas HBK beating JBL for the World Title and getting revenge against JBL would be a emotional pop that would blow the roof off the Houston Dome (that's where it is this year right?).

All the makings of a great Wrestlemania main event is right there.

Almost wondering too, after the news that Vince is coming back, apparently per a Jericho persuation, that we get HHH/Jericho at Mania also, with Steph in one corner and Vince in another.

I really don't want a repeat of Wrestlemania 2000. I really really don't.

Ding. JBL vs HBK may not be a match of the year candidate however it could be a really great match over all. The storyline is there, HBK the ultimate babyface is there, JBL, a great solid heel who draws a lot of heat from a crowd is there, and since Wrestlemania is in Texas HBK beating JBL for the World Title and getting revenge against JBL would be a emotional pop that would blow the roof off the Houston Dome (that's where it is this year right?).

All the makings of a great Wrestlemania main event is right there.

A JBL/HBK World Title match wouldn't be my first choice for a WM main event this year, but I wouldn't mind that at all. The financial security vs. retirement (with Flair comparison) is great stuff.

Almost wondering too, after the news that Vince is coming back, apparently per a Jericho persuation, that we get HHH/Jericho at Mania also, with Steph in one corner and Vince in another.

I really don't want a repeat of Wrestlemania 2000. I really really don't.

Me either but it sounds like they are already building to yet another McMahon on-air feud, and I wouldn't even be surprised to have them tie in the accident angle into it somehow even. Never really thought of it but Orton could be incorporated into the McMahon drama pretty easily also, if they had Shane join up with him as another third-gen guy to manage them or something. Orton/Kennedy/Jericho triple threat?

Nice new finisher for Kelly.

Bitch stole my move!!!!

Granted it did look great and I didn't plan on using the move as a finisher but...BITCH STOLE MY MOVE!!!!

A thought I just had:

I know I said that HBK vs Undertaker has to happen this year because it's Wrestlemania 25 in Houston. But that match is so big that no matter when it happens, it's going to be huge. Plus, Deadman Taker isn't even billed as being from Texas.

Let's just say that they do go with HBK vs JBL (Personally, I'd rather the title not be involved, let Orton and Punk fight for it). I don't want to see Undertaker's WM25 match be against some random big guy like Koslov or Umaga, so how about this: The Brothers of Destruction vs. The Legacy (Rhodes, Dibiase, and whoever becomes the 4th member). Orton wants his guys to prove themselves by doing what he couldn't do at WM21. Stephanie/Vince or whoever decides that 3 on 1 isn't fair, so they add Kane into the mix. This gives Kane something to do (I can't think of any other enticing match for Kane to be in) and allows Taker to be in a bigger match than one vs. the Monster of the Month.

Thoughts?

Bitch stole my move!!!!

Granted it did look great and I didn't plan on using the move as a finisher but...BITCH STOLE MY MOVE!!!!

Isn't your finishing move raising your arm up and down three times, hitting the canvas each time?

Bitch stole my move!!!!

Isn't your finishing move raising your arm up and down three times, hitting the canvas each time?

or a 10 count...or a 5 count. Though the 5 count hasn't happen yet.

I've also been training to be a wrestler, I've been training on and off for a little over 2 years. That off the back leg drop was something I came up with about over a year ago. Except I stood on the back with both feet and did a pose.

It's something simple but something I haven't ever seen done before but again something really simple to do that might look good early in a match or somewhere in a come back spot.

I was going to use it in this gimmick I was going to do but I've never been able to do the gimmick due to a lack of funds and job hardship.

Raw really doesn't have a particularly great main event for WM so I just think they need to go with the top storyline on the show (JBL/HBK). It could also end up being some sort of 3-4 way match since there really isn't a real awesome 1 on 1 match. SD will be the real main of the PPV anyway.

I'd rather see Cena vs. Undertaker in a non title match, could be interesting.

JBL's not winning the title. I think HBK is going to accidentally cost him the match

I think its more like he'll "accidentally" cost him the match, right?

Vince is that you? :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't put it past them.