http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/resi...ildegeneration/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1174954/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_Degeneration

Release date(s) Japan: December 26, 2008
United States: December 27, 2008
Europe: January 12, 2009
Australia: January 21, 2009
Running time 97 Mins

Those of who enjoyed the games, and were a bit 'let down' by the Paul W. Anderson version of the RE Universe, should be happy to know that Resident Evil: Degeneration is set in the Game Universe and follows the events after RE4. It's pretty much a stop filler between RE4 and RE5, with a few little nods to past games, but a whole lot of character development and story motivation.

The CGI itself is pretty similar to past Capcom efforts from RE games, and it does feel at times you're watching an extended cut scene, the music is similar and the voice acting is typically RE style. Don't worry if you feel like you've heard voices before on different characters, there's a few Capcom Voice Talent regulars that pop up.

Is the movie any good? It looks like it has been re-dubbed for English, so that's probably why some of the lip syncing in the trailer looks a little off.

It's good. But it ain't $30 good.

Edit: Scratch that. There is a Japanese dub out there. My bad. But I do know that there is also a Japanese version that has the English version on it for whatever reason.

Much like the Dead Space film, I'll get it by Netflix. I'm not feeling a reason to buy this but I do want to see it. We'll see if that opinion changes after seeing it.

This film is awful. Terrible. It spits in the face of cinema itself.

That being said, it's also hilarious. I saw the movie with a bunch of friends and we had a grand old time making fun of it.

As much as I love RE4, I just can't get in to Leon Kennedy as my primary protagonist. He's just not the smartest guy in the world. How he became some top government agent, I'll never know.

Plus, his name is Leon! My girlfriend still makes fun of him and his name (and the way the girls in the games - Claire or the President's daughter - would scream, "LEONNN!!") to this day.

As much as I love RE4, I just can't get in to Leon Kennedy as my primary protagonist. He's just not the smartest guy in the world. How he became some top government agent, I'll never know.

I'd say the protagonist role is equally shared between and Claire, though they spend much of that time apart. The rest of the characters are 2d and predictable. Fat guy? Evil! British guy? Evil! Overexcited cop? Zombie food! ...etc. The real standout for me though was Angela, voiced by Laura Bailey, who also voiced Rayne from the BloodRayne series.

$30 good? Psh, hell no. I'd say a rental at best.

Downloaded it and did a 2 minute skip though it viewing. It does looks to have the whole cheesy bad thing going for it. Also, having a quick look at the visuals, its kind of hard to tell what kind of look they were going for. The faces of the characters seem to have a hyper-realistic look to them, while the characters head shape and hair seem like video game cut scene quality.

It's not that bad actually. If you can sit through a majority of the zombie films(especially the RE series and other cheesy style Zombie flicks) than it's definitely worth atleast a rental. I bought it since I own the three movies and shit ton of other zombie movies. Animation is decent and crisp for the most part, and I didn't really notice anything bad about the voice acting.

Guest Smues

Got it from Netflix and gave it a watch. As a RE mark I found it quite enjoyable. Not a classic by any means, but certainly worth a watch. It made me think that a Playstation 1 era Resident Evil that took place in an airport could have been cool. Maybe if that had been Resident Evil 3 I'd have actually finished it.