TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

"Regulate" by Warren G and Nate Dogg

This song is fucking awesome. Nate Dogg's best performance. Liberal usage of words you don't hear in rap anymore like "busta" and "sucka".

If you don't love this song you are a horrible person.

Guest Czecherbear

No, it's just a lyric.

I've liked this song a lot, ever since I was a wee lad, but just because it sounds cooler than 99% of the rap songs out there. It's good storytelling, I guess, but the brilliance of the song is in the melodies. Even Warren G's rapping is kind of melodic in an abstract way.

Pretty much the best, yeah. The only time I've ever heard it disparaged was by a curmudgeonly-beyond-his-years late-20s New Yorker, whose accent was thick and puzzled as he queried, "What is this? Sounds like a negro talking over some smooth jazz."

Also, marking the second time this has been embedded on the board in a day's time:

Guest Czecherbear

When was the last time someone embedded "I Keep Forgettin'" in here?

LOL at your anecdote. Smooth indeed.

G Funk Era is probably my favourite hip hop album next to Dre's Chronic and the Digable Planets' Blowout Comb. I think I wore that CD out in high school. Good shit, right there!

I was hesitant to start this thread as I got knocked pretty hard in the poster tourney first round by some people because apparently I have race-confusion issues.

*Realizes avatar quote is from Wu-Tang*

*Realizes sig line is from Juelz Santana*

Hmmmmmmm....

The Chronic still holds up well to this day...might just be nostalgia talking.

Ice Cube's Death Certificate (once you get past the fact that he's talking about almost two decade old issues) and Enter the Wu both do as well.

The Chronic still holds up well to this day...might just be nostalgia talking.

Ice Cube's Death Certificate (once you get past the fact that he's talking about almost two decade old issues) and Enter the Wu both do as well.

I miss pre-WSC Ice Cube. Everything album that he has released after Lethal Injection has been really watered down.

I recently saw GZA perform Liquid Swords in its entirety. It was a great show. I live in Staten Island, so it's natural for me to love Wu Tang, I guess.

Anyway, as for Regulate, I like most songs featuring Nate Dogg. That guy was the coolest.

Ironman would probably round out the top five but I wouldn't put it above any of the ones listed.

Pro Tools, IMO got slept on in 2008. I think too many people wanted Liquid Swords II. "Paper Plate" is a fucking fabulous diss track.

As a dumb white kid from the UK who's music genre didn't develop till he was about 13 and someone put The Best of Queen casette tape on one day, this was my first taste of 'rap'. I loved it, thought it was awesome, but generally the experience I've had when I tell people I like it is; 'Typical'.

It does seem to be that people who really listen to a lot of rap seem to love this song, and those that listen to loads of rap hate it since its been stolen by those that don't really care for the genre over all. I do like 80s Funk though.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is my favorite Wu solo, with Liquid Swords coming in at second and Fishscale at third.

I like this song, but I don't think I find either of their voices interesting enough to explore anything else by them.

If you don't consider Nate Dogg's singing voice to be one of the five most beautiful things you've ever heard kill yourself immediately.

One of the most perfect songs ever. This is G-funk at it's finest.

Nate Dogg used to be the hook king, but dude's voice has detiriated the past few years. He still brings it sometimes, but back in the day Nate was the most melodic person in rap. Warren G put out a good album about a year and a half or so ago. Return of the g-funk or some shit.

But yeah, Regulate. Brilliant peice of work right thurr.