TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cuts are a comin!

source: PWInsider.com

WWE has cut two more individuals.

Sgt. Slaughter, who has been working as a producer for WWE for the past several years, has been released from the company.

Ron Simmons has also been released. He has made sporadic appearances on television for his "Damn!" gimmick and done some promotional work for the company in the last year or so. This is the second time in which Simmons has been released from WWE, the other time taking place in March 2004.

Simmons would have been great in the on-screen player agent role that was once considered for him. He could have started with MVP, but could have formed a stable like an old school manager.

Slaughter was great for nostalgia, but the wwe could probably get him in whenever they wanted him for those spots.

Damn.

There was one time where Coach said he'd fight the next person who came through the door, and it turned out to be Ron Simmons. They just stared at each other, Simmons shot him a funny look and....

DAMN.

Killed me

I read on another message board that Victoria was released as well.

F4W/Observer announced that there was an angle taped at SD! with Victoria announcing her retirement. I wouldn't be shocked if it were in her future plans. PWI was persistent in their report that she was discussing it, even after she had denied ever considering doing so.

This will probably be the year Bob Holly is finally released.

He's like a little cocka-roach that won't disappear hiding in the corner where people forget only to resurface :lol:

Slaughter will probably be re-hired once the recession wears off. Simmons doesn't make sense to have under contract when he's just showing up once every one or two months to say "DAMN!" He'd be better off in a pay-per-appearance deal. He's having hip replacement surgery later this month, so it's not like he can wrestle for TNA.

Ron was fired the first time for refusing rehab. He has been in and out at least 2 more times. It makes total sense. Plus, I see him and Slaughter coming back sooner than later.

PWI is reporting that referee Mickey Henson (also known as Mickey Jay), who was on medical leave and Matt Cappotelli, who successfully had a brain tumor removed back in 2007, have both been released.

Boy, the latter really fucking makes me hope that Holly gets released next.

Just to clarify about Slaughter, it sounds as if he had been with the company solidly since 1990, not 1997. He wasn't on TV from 1992 (his "referee enforcer" angle) to 1997, but he worked backstage. He was supposed to have a job for life for going through with the Iraqi Sympathizer deal (or so says today's WON).

WON also confirms the Mickie "Jay" Henson story, saying Mickey Henson, Mike Posey and Kevin Keenan were cut as refs.

Now I'm wondering, if Gorilla Monsoon were still alive today, would he have been cut by now, even though he suppossedly had a job for life being one of Vince Sr.'s original business partners that the company would be sold back to if Vince Jr. missed a payment?

For a source for that story: "The Death of WCW" by R.D. Reynolds & Brian Alvaraz.

PWI is reporting that referee Mickey Henson (also known as Mickey Jay), who was on medical leave and Matt Cappotelli, who successfully had a brain tumor removed back in 2007, have both been released.

FromBeyondTheGrave/Hotbutter Spoontoaster must be smiling.

For some reason I'm thinking MVP is going to get cut... Especially with him

not being on SD! this week

and him constantly being buried.

He wrestles on Smackdown! next week.

He wrestles this week but not next week

Just to clarify about Slaughter, it sounds as if he had been with the company solidly since 1990, not 1997. He wasn't on TV from 1992 (his "referee enforcer" angle) to 1997, but he worked backstage. He was supposed to have a job for life for going through with the Iraqi Sympathizer deal (or so says today's WON).

He was in the AWF in '94.

So, to recap:

-- Mike Posey

-- D-Lo Brown

-- Bam Neely

-- Kevin Keenan

-- Jimmy Korderas

-- Val Venis

-- Tim White

-- Kevin Thorn

-- Gavin Spears

-- Mike Kruel

-- Sgt. Slaughter

-- Ron Simmons

-- Mickey Henson

-- Matt Cappotelli

Slaughter always comes up here to Huntington to spend time with his daughter when she has time off. She has lived in the area for the past 6 years or so, I believe. I wonder if he will move to the area now, as he has always remarked how much he likes it here.

That's not a spoiler.