Offical Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Funks; Dory and Terry Funk inducted by Dusty Rhodes

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat inducted by Ric Flair

"Cowboy" Bill Watts inducted by Jim Ross

Koko B. Ware inducted by the Honky Tonk Man

The Von Erichs inducted by Michael "P.S." Hayes

Howard Finkel

I'm pretty certain we've had a thread for the Hall of Fame, but this news does make sense.

The other no-brainers for this class should be the Funk Brothers and Fitz Von Erich. The rest of it, though, should be interesting to see. They can go a variety of ways, especially if they do like last year and honor people from the state where Wrestlemania is being held.

I don't see this news anywhere on WWE.com. Was it announced on Smackdown?

It wasn't announced anywhere - pwinsider had a story up about how on the wwe hall-of-fame page there was a splash about Austin being in the 2009 HOF class. Shortly after pwi reported it it was taken down. One theory is that some disgruntled employee posted it for being fired. I think that's a little CT and far fetched.

If anything the web designer was working on the splash for the eventual roll-out and probably mistakenly posted it, or was trying it out and didn't figure somebody would be actually viewing the HOF subsection at that time.

So who should be in this year? My picks would be:

Steve Austin

Terry Funk

The Freebirds

The Von Erics

King Kong Bundy

Barry Windham

and Howard Finkle

Austin definitely makes sense. Especially now, when you know he's never going to wrestle again.

Just how insane, annoying, and disrespectful are the fans in attendence going to be this year with Austin there.

My prediction list. Combination of who I'm hoping for and who I think will get in.

Steve Austin

The Von Erichs

The Freebirds

Terry Funk

Ted DiBiase

Paul Boesch

Howard Finkel

I'd be willing to bet one of Hogan inducts one of his cronies this year but which one? The Nasty Boys wouldn't be terrible candidates but WWE probably isn't too happy with them after that tryout match they gave them a year or two back where they stiffed their opponents and acted like primadonnas backstage. The WWE Hall of Fame has gotten slightly more credible in the past two years or so I don't think Beefcake will get in. My best bet is he inducts Mr. T in the Celebrity Wing and T delivers the unintentional comedy goods with his thank you speech.

My prediction list. Combination of who I'm hoping for and who I think will get in.

Steve Austin

The Von Erichs

The Freebirds

Terry Funk

Ted DiBiase

Paul Boesch

Howard Finkel

I'd be willing to bet one of Hogan inducts one of his cronies this year but which one? The Nasty Boys wouldn't be terrible candidates but WWE probably isn't too happy with them after that tryout match they gave them a year or two back where they stiffed their opponents and acted like primadonnas backstage. The WWE Hall of Fame has gotten slightly more credible in the past two years or so I don't think Beefcake will get in. My best bet is he inducts Mr. T in the Celebrity Wing and T delivers the unintentional comedy goods with his thank you speech.

In regards to the Von Erichs and Funks, I think the WWE does what they did last year with Eddie Graham and the Brisco Brothers. Dory and Terry will go in as a team, and Fritz will go in as the head of the family. I had forgotten about Paul Boesch, and he would definitely make sense... although if they induct Fritz, I don't see them using two spots for a promoter. DiBiase would be on my shortlist as well, as would the Freebirds, but I don't know how bad their chances are with what Hayes went through last year. They are quite deserving, especially with this happening in Texas, but you've also got to consider The Road Warriors.

And I think NEXT year is the year for Howard Finkel. ;)

Someone else mentioned Windham and Bundy... I don't see either of them getting in, especially since Windham just got released, and Bundy isn't in the good graces of McMahon.

Eh, I wouldn't put too much into Windham getting released as a producer doesn't mean much, it could have been financial cuts, or an amicable split. Windham has a son in developmental too, so I doubt there's any bad blood. And since when does Bundy have any bad relations with WWE? Never heard that one....

Eh, I wouldn't put too much into Windham getting released as a producer doesn't mean much, it could have been financial cuts, or an amicable split. Windham has a son in developmental too, so I doubt there's any bad blood. And since when does Bundy have any bad relations with WWE? Never heard that one....

Something I heard on a shoot interview a while back, although it was from the Honky Tonk Man so draw your own conclusions there. Basically, the line was that Bundy had a history of bitching about payoffs and such, and that's the reason he hasn't been used as a Legend or anything like that.

As much as I like Windham, I just don't see him going into the Hall of Fame this year, Texas or not.

Hall Yeah?

Hall as in hall of fame Yeah.

Actually Scott Hall is going to be inducting him. However, he won't show up, so Rick Bogner will do it in his place.

If nobody is going to LOL at this, then it is my duty...

:lol:

If Watts is being inducted, here is something to think about:

Who does Jim Ross induct - Bill Watts or Steve Austin? A very strong case can be made for Ross to induct either into the Hall of Fame. If Ross inducts Austin, who inducts Watts? (Eric?) If Ross inducts Watts, who inducts Austin?

If Watts is being inducted, here is something to think about:

Who does Jim Ross induct - Bill Watts or Steve Austin? A very strong case can be made for Ross to induct either into the Hall of Fame. If Ross inducts Austin, who inducts Watts? (Eric?) If Ross inducts Watts, who inducts Austin?

Austin will probably push for JR and being that he has top billing, he'll get Ross. Anyone who ever worked for Watts could do the job.

Maybe Ron Simmons can induct Watts since, correct me if I'm wrong, Watts is the one who booked his World Title win.