TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

2009 Hall of Fame

Jim Ross makes the most sense for Austin. However if not Ross, then what about Vince McMahon? Of course this wouldn't work if Austin is fighting at WM25 (assuming VKM would be involved in the storyline for old times sake), however if Austin isn't active at Wm and is solely there to be part of the HOF, I think Vince inducting him would be neat.

That being said, I think there is 99.9% chance Jim Ross will be inducting Austin. He's the headliner, whereas Watts' induction and speech will probably not even be televised.

Maybe Ron Simmons can induct Watts since, correct me if I'm wrong, Watts is the one who booked his World Title win.

Yes, as 98% of the audience ponders.."Why is FAAROOQ up there?"

Jim Ross makes the most sense for Austin. However if not Ross, then what about Vince McMahon? Of course this wouldn't work if Austin is fighting at WM25 (assuming VKM would be involved in the storyline for old times sake), however if Austin isn't active at Wm and is solely there to be part of the HOF, I think Vince inducting him would be neat.

That being said, I think there is 99.9% chance Jim Ross will be inducting Austin. He's the headliner, whereas Watts' induction and speech will probably not even be televised.

If Vince inducted Austin, the only way that would work is if Austin came out, shook his hand, and then gave Vince a stunner before giving his speech. :)

If Vince inducted Austin, the only way that would work is if Austin came out, shook his hand, and then gave Vince a stunner before giving his speech. :)

Nah. I think the absence of kayfabe would be the way to go.

Oh I agree... but still, it would be pretty funny.

source: PWInsider.com

As announced last night on Raw, Steve Austin is first Superstar announced for this year's Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

WWE thought Jim Ross would be the perfect person to induct Austin into the Hall of Fame, but he requested and pushed for Ric Flair to induct him instead.

Company officials are not pleased with Austin's request because they have a "you're either with us or against us" attitude. They see Flair as a "outsider" and "not on board" with them anymore. Simply put, WWE prefers to not acknowledge Flair or give him press at this time.

A similar situation happened two years when Jerry "The King" Lawler wanted legendary Memphis announcer Lance Russell to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame. Officials refused Lawler's request and opted to have William Shatner induct him into the Hall of Fame instead for press purposes.

Color me surprised. I wonder how Ross feels about the choice. I didn't know Flair and Austin were so friendly behind the curtain. Jim Ross would be pretty boring, whereas Flair is a storyteller.

As announced last night on Raw, Steve Austin is first Superstar announced for this year's Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

WWE thought Jim Ross would be the perfect person to induct Austin into the Hall of Fame, but he requested and pushed for Ric Flair to induct him instead.

Company officials are not pleased with Austin's request because they have a "you're either with us or against us" attitude. They see Flair as a "outsider" and "not on board" with them anymore. Simply put, WWE prefers to not acknowledge Flair or give him press at this time.

A similar situation happened two years when Jerry "The King" Lawler wanted legendary Memphis announcer Lance Russell to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame. Officials refused Lawler's request and opted to have William Shatner induct him into the Hall of Fame instead for press purposes.

Color me surprised. I wonder how Ross feels about the choice. I didn't know Flair and Austin were so friendly behind the curtain. Jim Ross would be pretty boring, whereas Flair is a storyteller.

I call bullshit on that. Flair is always mentioned when someone gets chopped or a figure four is applied. That and what issues would the WWE even have with Flair? It's not like Flair burned bridges left and right. That really makes no sense.

In regards to Flair, I can see why Austin would want him. Having the wrestler many consider the greatest of all time induct you into the Hall of Fame does send a distinct message.

I personally would have liked it if they could have gotten Bret Hart to return the favor to Austin...inducting Austin like Austin inducted him.

But there's no chance of that happening, obviously.

I personally would have liked it if they could have gotten Bret Hart to return the favor to Austin...inducting Austin like Austin inducted him.

But there's no chance of that happening, obviously.

It would have also been a nice gesture if they could have gotten The Rock to induct him, and then whenever The Rock goes in... Steve Austin returns the favor. However, as you said with the Bret Hart example, that isn't going to happen.

For me I would want Bret Hart to inducte Austin. Seeing how Austin did it for Hart like you said. Yeah I know FAT chance of that happening.

Shit, I was just watching Bret's induction on YouTube today and thought the exact same thing. That'd be pretty damn cool.

Speaking of Lance Russell.. I've wondered when or if he's going to get inducted. Now that Solie's in there, I always thought that Russell couldn't be too far off on that list. I always liked his style so it'd be cool to see it happen.

Terry and Dory Funk are going in as well. I wonder if Foley would be welcomed back to induct Terry. However if the Funk's are going in together like this, maybe they'd choose somebody connected to the both of them from back in the day.

They wouldn't use Foley if he's still under TNA contract.

How about Tommy Dreamer for Funk?

There are a slew of people that could induct the Funks. They could get someone like Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, or someone along those lines.

Terry and Dory Funk are going in as well. I wonder if Foley would be welcomed back to induct Terry. However if the Funk's are going in together like this, maybe they'd choose somebody connected to the both of them from back in the day.

Maybe either Tommy Dreamer or Dusty Rhodes, perhaps.

I'd personally push for Dusty, because of his well-documented history with The Funks in the old NWA.

Well, pwinsider.com is saying Austin has asked the wwe to have Flair induct him. They are likely to allow it, but are concerned about Flair getting "free advertisement".

:lol: wwe is acting like Flair is an up and coming wrestler we have never heard about it.

Maybe Ron Simmons can induct Watts since, correct me if I'm wrong, Watts is the one who booked his World Title win.

Well hell, 98 percent of the audience is going to be wondering who the hell this Bill Watts guy is anyway.

Well, pwinsider.com is saying Austin has asked the wwe to have Flair induct him. They are likely to allow it, but are concerned about Flair getting "free advertisement".

:lol: wwe is acting like Flair is an up and coming wrestler we have never heard about it.

Seriously, you can't read from the top of the page?

I didn't see anything about Flair at the top of the page being the guy who will induct Austin through a suggestion by Stone Cold did you?

I didn't see anything about Flair at the top of the page being the guy who will induct Austin through a suggestion by Stone Cold did you?

Ta-da

From idiotsrunningawebsite.com

Ric Flair has agreed to terms with World Wrestling Entertainment to induct "Stone Cold" Steve Austin into this year's WWE Hall of Fame and be a part of Wrestlemania XXV.

Austin requested Flair as the one to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame. Despite bad blood between certain WWE officials and Flair, Austin has enough pull them together.

Not to mention Flair will draw certain interest on his own, both in helping fill the seats and to draw television viewers.

Yeah, Dusty Rhodes and Jerry Lawler both had significant feuds with Terry Funk. And Dory's trained so many guys (and girls) that you could easily pick a presenter there.

Maybe Terry could request Foley and Dory could request Kurt Angle...

Well hell, 98 percent of the audience is going to be wondering who the hell this Bill Watts guy is anyway.

This 98% of the audience would probably see the retrospective video explaining who Watts is and hear Ron say "Watts helped me become the first black world champion" if he did induct him, but since he's fired and JR isn't inducting Austin, it seems to be inconsequential. Also, bully for Flair coming back, if only for the weekend. They have video of him reviewing The Wrestler on WWE.com today. It sounds like he's making an appearance at Mania, too.