TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

2009 Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with strong mid-card guys going in. It's when they start putting guys like Barry Horrowitz or The Brawler in that it'll become a joke.

This 8 guys a year for the HOF is going to get funny in the next few years as we see more and more mid card guys careers trumpeted

Next we'll see Tatanka get into the HOF.

If this actually happens, blame me.

Tatanka > Goldberg

He had a longer win streak.

Nothing wrong with strong mid-card guys going in. It's when they start putting guys like Barry Horrowitz or The Brawler in that it'll become a joke.

koko b. ware = strong mid card guy?

:huh:

Nevermind. I had no idea my post was moved to the WM thread. Perhaps Venkman should start messaging people when he goes crazy and starts moving everything.

Well, Koko was the first person to take the tombstone from the Undertaker...

Still, of the mid-card guys they have to consider... Koko wouldn't immediately come to mind. I'm guessing he's one of the few that accepted the deal this year (And The Honkytonk Man turned them down again).

Helen Hart is doing my head in denying Owen Hart's place in the HoF. I guess int he grand scheme of things, its a bit of a selfish thing to moan about, but dammit, he's my wrestling icon. 10 years on his antics still crack me up when watching his matches.

Hmm.

I think my idea of Kaufman in the Hall of Fame would make more sense than Koko, but that's just me.

Only if they were in Memphis would Kaufman make sense.

But when the Hall of Fame is a work designed to reward your friends/childhood heroes/dad's limo driver and to sell DVDs, there's nothing wrong with it.

But when the Hall of Fame is a work designed to reward your friends/childhood heroes/dad's limo driver and to sell DVDs, there's nothing wrong with it.

Vince wants to treat his HoF with some measure of legitimacy and the current inductees make it a fairly credible HoF, despite a couple of glaring omissions. And while there have been some questionable additions in the early days, over the last few years for almost every inductee there's been a good argument for putting them in, even kayfabe ones. With Koko, you can't even do that.

Vince wants to treat his HoF with some measure of legitimacy and the current inductees make it a fairly credible HoF, despite a couple of glaring omissions. And while there have been some questionable additions in the early days, over the last few years for almost every inductee there's been a good argument for putting them in, even kayfabe ones. With Koko, you can't even do that.

I can't remember Koko B. Ware getting a major push in the ol'WWF, pretty much ever. Hillbilly Jim would have a better argument to make the Hall for crying out loud.

I can't remember Koko B. Ware getting a major push in the ol'WWF, pretty much ever. Hillbilly Jim would have a better argument to make the Hall for crying out loud.

High Energy! Plus Koko B. Ware was really really over.

Who's going to induct Koko B. Ware? Big Bird?

Hector Guerrero dressed as The Gobbledy Gooker.

Lawler was my first guess.

So if a Wrestlemania returns to Canada, who does everyone here think will get in?

Bret's already in, so he's out.

Perhaps:

Stu Hart

Owen Hart

Chris Be....... er............... Jericho? (I assume Mania wouldn't return to Canada for a while and Jericho would be retired anyways)

British Bulldog (Mania is more likely in Canada than England so why not)

Trish Stratus

Edge (Same as Jericho, we're more likely to get Mania 30 or later)

Rick Martel

Jin Neidhart

Jacques and Ray Rougeau

Anyone else? Decent class? Boring class?

So if a Wrestlemania returns to Canada, who does everyone here think will get in?

Bret's already in, so he's out.

Perhaps:

Stu Hart

Owen Hart

Chris Be....... er............... Jericho? (I assume Mania wouldn't return to Canada for a while and Jericho would be retired anyways)

British Bulldog (Mania is more likely in Canada than England so why not)

Trish Stratus

Edge (Same as Jericho, we're more likely to get Mania 30 or later)

Rick Martel

Jin Neidhart

Jacques and Ray Rougeau

Anyone else? Decent class? Boring class?

Stu himself or the Harts as a whole would definitely be discussed as would Trish.

So KoKo is being inducted by the Honkytonk Man...

As mentioned in the Raw thread, I find it very funny they can get him to agree to do this, but they can't get him to agree to be inducted himself.

And it's official. I'll be damned.

Was anyone demanding this? Really?

Having some fun with kayfabe results. Koko was 1-10 at PPV's, and that one win came in a Survivor Series match in which he was eliminated. He was 1-5 at Saturday Night's Main Event. He never held a title. He was a good worker, not great. He never had a memorable match. I mean, what the hell?

I can think of a ton of mid-level guys to induct before KoKo, and hell, I understand you can't keep stacking the Hall of Fame class.

I mean guys like:

-Barry Windham

-Tully Blanchard

-Arn Anderson

-The Big Bossman

-Rick Rude

-Kamala

-Earthquake

-The Freebirds!?

-The Road Warriors!?

The list goes on and on and on before you even get to Koko.

Am I the only one marking out at the news of Koko B. Ware being inducted into The Hall of Fame? Sure it's completely and totally undeserved but if it means seeing current members of the WWE roster do the Bird while Koko makes his way to the stage for his acceptance speech, then I'm all for it.