TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

2009 Hall of Fame

I missed Raw, so I just wanna confirm that Koko B. Ware is being inducted by Honkey Tonk Man?

I can think of a ton of mid-level guys to induct before KoKo, and hell, I understand you can't keep stacking the Hall of Fame class.

I mean guys like:

-Barry Windham

-Tully Blanchard

-Arn Anderson

-The Big Bossman

-Rick Rude

-Kamala

-Earthquake

-The Freebirds!?

-The Road Warriors!?

The list goes on and on and on before you even get to Koko.

It's such bullshit that the ravishing one isn't in the HOF yet. And I think you might be selling him short by calling him a mid-level guy. I know he never won the World Championship (they didn't pimp it out as much as they do now), but I considered him to be one of the company's main draws. Is Vince still pissed over Rude leaving the WWF and showing up on Nitro live while being part of the taped edition of RAW?

And Tully and Double A have to go in together if they're ever inducted

This would be cooler if Frankie wasn't dead.

Amusing anecdote somewhat related to that. Koko worked a couple shows for an indie promotion up here about five months ago and a few days before the show, I saw a listing on craigslist put up by the promotion looking for "a parrot or another exotic bird" to borrow for Koko's entrance. I don't think there was any compensation for it besides free tickets. But shouldn't the fact that you got your bird carried by a future WWE Hall of Famer be enough?

This would be cooler if Frankie wasn't dead.

Amusing anecdote somewhat related to that. Koko worked a couple shows for an indie promotion up here about five months ago and a few days before the show, I saw a listing on craigslist put up by the promotion looking for "a parrot or another exotic bird" to borrow for Koko's entrance. I don't think there was any compensation for it besides free tickets. But shouldn't the fact that you got your bird carried by a future WWE Hall of Famer be enough?

I remember someone posting this here. I thought that was an awesome story.

Do you think HTM will ever bee a HOFer?

I'd mark if B. Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell got into the Hall of Fame. I wouldn't want HTM to induct them. The Iron Sheik HAS to induct The Killer Bees.

He's turned down the offer before. He's afraid of what he would have to give up in terms of his likeness and such since it might mean he'd take a hit in the money he gets working indy shows.

I can think of a ton of mid-level guys to induct before KoKo, and hell, I understand you can't keep stacking the Hall of Fame class.

I mean guys like:

-Barry Windham

-Tully Blanchard

-Arn Anderson

-The Big Bossman

-Rick Rude

-Kamala

-Earthquake

-The Freebirds!?

-The Road Warriors!?

It's such bullshit that the ravishing one isn't in the HOF yet. And I think you might be selling him short by calling him a mid-level guy. I know he never won the World Championship (they didn't pimp it out as much as they do now), but I considered him to be one of the company's main draws. Is Vince still pissed over Rude leaving the WWF and showing up on Nitro live while being part of the taped edition of RAW?

And Tully and Double A have to go in together if they're ever inducted

Mil Mascaras would be a better induction if he is not already in as he was always a huge draw whenever he fought in WWWF. Had a great run as a contender for Superstar Grahams world title.

He's turned down the offer before. He's afraid of what he would have to give up in terms of his likeness and such since it might mean he'd take a hit in the money he gets working indy shows.

I think HTM's bigger issue was with the fact that he didn't actually consider himself to be retired yet, and didn't want to be in the Hall of Fame until he was.

As far as Koko goes, I can see both sides of the argument. Personally however, I feel that not everyone that gets inducted has to be an main event draw or even someone of legendary stature. Even the mid card guys who made up the support deserve recognition.

I think HTM's bigger issue was with the fact that he didn't actually consider himself to be retired yet, and didn't want to be in the Hall of Fame until he was.

That's Bob Backlund's reasoning for not accepting a Hall of Fame spot as well.

Now YKRG can stop complaining about Koko being in Legends of WrestleMania. He's a bona fide Hall of Famer!

I think you've just nailed the head, maybe, on why he's been added either to the game or the HoF - probably goes hand in hand. Actually, I'm confused...

So if Owen Hart is rightfully let in the HOF someday by his family, High Energy will be a Hall of Fame tag team. The Rockers will not be...

And neither team held the WWF Tag Titles together, despite everyone except Koko B. Ware having held the belts later.

Quick opinion time from someone who wasn't watching back then: Better team...The New Foundation or High Energy?

Vince wants to treat his HoF with some measure of legitimacy and the current inductees make it a fairly credible HoF, despite a couple of glaring omissions. And while there have been some questionable additions in the early days, over the last few years for almost every inductee there's been a good argument for putting them in, even kayfabe ones. With Koko, you can't even do that.

Koko B. Ware > Pete Rose.

So if Owen Hart is rightfully let in the HOF someday by his family, High Energy will be a Hall of Fame tag team. The Rockers will not be...

And neither team held the WWF Tag Titles together, despite everyone except Koko B. Ware having held the belts later.

Quick opinion time from someone who wasn't watching back then: Better team...The New Foundation or High Energy?

The New Foundation won once in awhile.

But High Energy had those neon pants...

with Checkers!

I mean guys like:

-Barry Windham

-Tully Blanchard

-Arn Anderson

-The Big Bossman

-Rick Rude

-Kamala

-Earthquake

-The Freebirds!?

-The Road Warriors!?

I'd like to think that they'll have a WM in Atlanta one of these days, and induct them there.

So did the New Foundation.

The thing that induction video left me with... the Brainbuster was much more devestating than I remember it being. Maybe it's just that they showed the best ones on jobbers willing to sacrifice themselves, but wow.