TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

2009 Hall of Fame

So if Owen Hart is rightfully let in the HOF someday by his family, High Energy will be a Hall of Fame tag team. The Rockers will not be...

Bret Hart's new IGN interview

They did talk to me about inducting Owen and Stu someday. They asked me if I would do it, and I told them I'd be happy to do it, just let me know. I haven't heard from them, but maybe one of these days.

The annual hand wringing over the Hall of Fame is always amusing. This isn't sacred like the Baseball Hall of Fame, folks. It's Vince McMahon's Hall of Fame. Guys like Mikel Scicluna, James Dudley, and Johnny f'n Rodz are in it...Koko B. Ware going in isn't that offensive in the grand scheme of things.

Also, in defense of Koko, while he was a glorified JTTS in WWF, he held some minor NWA belts and was a big deal for a while in places like Memphis.

The annual hand wringing over the Hall of Fame is always amusing. This isn't sacred like the Baseball Hall of Fame, folks. It's Vince McMahon's Hall of Fame. Guys like Mikel Scicluna, James Dudley, and Johnny f'n Rodz are in it...Koko B. Ware going in isn't that offensive in the grand scheme of things.

Also, in defense of Koko, while he was a glorified JTTS in WWF, he held some minor NWA belts and was a big deal for a while in places like Memphis.

I agree with you on the Memphis part, yet the WWE left that out in the announcement video. I was kind of surprised they glossed over his work during that period.

I don't think they own the rights to that footage.

They don't, and the topic of who owns the hodgepodge of Memphis footage has been discussed in the past... however, they have gotten around it in other instances. Heck, they could have at least made a mention of it even without the video.

I think the major deterrent (at least for Owen) is that they have to talk to Martha Hart before they can talk about inducting Owen.

I'm no WWE expert. Is this because of the image rights thing? I know it would be the gentleman-ly thing to do - get approval from his widow, invite his children - but would they legally have to discuss it with her?

It seems the Von Erich video will be shown on Smackdown this week, and I've seen reports stating Howard Finkel will finally be going into the Hall of Fame as well... here's hoping it's not another joke on poor Howard.

I think it'd be hilarious if Fink did his own introduction...

<Fink Voice>Ladies and gentlemen... the NEWEST member of the Hall of Fame... HOWARD.... FINKEL! </Fink Voice>

<Fink Voice>Ladies and gentlemen... the NEWEST member of the Hall of Fame... HOWARD.... FINKEL! </Fink Voice>

He should do it like Jarrett's Aztec Warrior theme, "There's all the great WWE Hall of Famers and then there's ME!!!!!!!!!"

Sweet! The Fink deserve it.

Always liked when he was Jericho's sidekick. His funniest moment though came when he was facing Lilian Garcia and he said to Stacy Keibler (who was at ringside) that she shouldn't be stirring up any trouble. He added...

"But looking at you now I can safely say there's something stirring in my trousers!"

It's a lot funnier with Finkel saying it in his announcer's voice.

But who realistically does his induction? Vince would be ideal since Fink's been there nearly 30 years, but he's already doing Austin's. I guess Mean Gene gets the call.

But who realistically does his induction? Vince would be ideal since Fink's been there nearly 30 years, but he's already doing Austin's. I guess Mean Gene gets the call.

I could see either Lillian Garcia, Tony Chimmel or Justin Roberts (or all three) getting the nod.

Fuckin' awesome. The Fink is the man, fuck those ring announcers they have now.

The Fink is my favorite ring announcer in any Pro Wrestling, MMA, or Boxing event/organization.

The Fink >>>>>>> Michael Buffer

I don't know why he still ain't announcing, he's not THAT old.

Mike McGuirk would be great for Howard Finkel. Bruce Pritchard would have been good too, but I think he's pretty much been blackballed from the company forever.

It'll probably be somebody front office who's been around a while. Does Wippleman still work for the company, he'd make sense since they 'feuded'.

If not, get Jericho to induct him as Harold Finkel.

I saw that HOF video for The Fink. Typical Vince. Honor one of your long-time employees and then dedicate 90% of the induction video on him being made a fool out of on national television.

I saw that HOF video for The Fink. Typical Vince. Honor one of your long-time employees and then dedicate 90% of the induction video on him being made a fool out of on national television.

A recent Observer mentioned that Howard is one of the people who consider the Hall of Fame a legitimate honor, probably more than anyone else, and as a result, the company is treating it like a joke. It also mentioned that Koko's induction was a pet/joke project of Gerwitz, who was a fan of that era (which many will say is yet even more evidence of him being a yes-man), that apparently snow-balled into Vince going along with it.

I'll be interested in hearing Austin's speech. He doesn't like to break kayfabe much and he is very protective of his persona so it will be interesting to see how "real" he is during the speech

I'll be interested in hearing Austin's speech. He doesn't like to break kayfabe much and he is very protective of his persona so it will be interesting to see how "real" he is during the speech

I know it will happen... but I'm praying the crowd refrains from doing the "What" response after every sentence.

I know it will happen... but I'm praying the crowd refrains from doing the "What" response after every sentence.

I seriously bet you he'll say it back to the crowd. Thank god he'll be the last inductee because he'd ruin it for anybody after him.

It's good to see Steve get into the hall of fame, one of my favorites.

It was officially confirmed on ECW that Vince McMahon would induct Austin.
Pretty good episode of ECW actually, I wish they had it two hours like the other shows though.

The following sign has been posted all over the place at the Toyota Center for tonight's 2009 WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony:

Please Respect the WWE Hall of Famers!!!

Catcalls and yelling out to the Stars who are on stage is strictly not allowed.

There will be no warnings for this behavior.

Violators will be IMMEDIATELY REMOVED from the Toyota Center.