TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

TNA Genesis 2009

Why the fuck won't Tenay get up and move?

He didn't want to leave his script. He wouldn't know what to say.

I want a replay!

Edit: I missed the replay by typing that.

This was not Foley's best match, heh.

The spot there where Foley was trying to get the chair ready as Booker just stood there screaming and watching him was great. :lol:

I think TNA wanted to send the fans home happy with the faces coming out on top, as opposed to the fans littering the ring (maybe) with the PPV ending with Jarrett losing.

Overall this was a good pay per view. Some of the matches could have better and I think the line up of the last 3 matches should have been switched around but I really got nothing else to complain about. Overall the show was pretty goddamn good.

The only HORRIBLE match was the Knockout match. Other than that, it was solid.

Jarrett vs Angle and the 6 man should have switched.

It's usually about the happy ending, which is why I'm fine with it.

The fans seemed happy that Angle beat the shit out of Jeff. He even got a "Thank you Kurt" chant, I think some fans started singing the "Good bye" song to Jeff also.

If the PPV ended with Angle/Jarrett, it would have been a pretty good ppv. But that knockouts match and the final two matches were pretty bad. Good ppv overall.

The fans seemed happy that Angle beat the shit out of Jeff. He even got a "Thank you Kurt" chant, I think some fans started singing the "Good bye" song to Jeff also.

I don't think that's what TNA was hoping for.

Probably didn't think Rhyno would get shitted on either, especially since they spent 2 hours building him up as a victim of a MEM beat down, but fought through the pain to get his title shot.

As soon as Angle put JJ through the table with the Olympic Slam I knew they'd made a mistake. They went out and wrestled the main event...but there was still two matches to go. I really liked that match. The camera guys (who usually have horrible nights) actually caught a great shot for a change of a bloody JJ crawling into the ring after the Slam through the table. For once a picture actually did tell a story in TNA.

Also...Sabin/Shelley was awesome. The crowd didn't care about it when it started (and who would they cheer for in this scenerio anyway?) but by the end they got them there. That's the mark of a good match.

Probably didn't think Rhyno would get shitted on either, especially since they spent 2 hours building him up as a victim of a MEM beat down, but fought through the pain to get his title shot.

You'd think they were in Toronto.

My first live TNA pay-per-view experience, I also went to the Wilson house show on Friday, and I must say it was quite the show. Definitely a small crowd, but it was also a VERY small venue. MEM was over huge, especially Angle and Sting. I hope the Sabin/Shelley match translated well on television as it was fantastic live. Did TNA ever note Jonny Fairplay's presence in the front row? I should also note that Vince Russo was sitting towards the back of the floor seats on the opposite side of the camera throughout most of the undercard. I believe he headed backstage after the Angle/Jarrett match.

From the results on F4O, it sounded pretty horrible, but from reactions on here it sounded OK (with the exception of Truthy obviously).

I might check it out, if only to see Shelley win the X title.

I'm not really sure what the results on F4O said, but it certainly was a watchable, at the very least, PPV. Hell, if you stop watching right after Angle/Jarrett, it was even a really good PPV.

Sting/Rhyno was short with no heat...but who wants to see Rhyno get a title shot? That was to be expected. Even with trying to spend two hours to get him over with some BS "injury." No one cares about Rhyno.

Angle/Jarrett was good. Angle said he was gonna mess Jarrett up and he did just that. AND got the cheap win. He's a heel. Both made sense.

Opener was good and did a good job getting Hernadez over, which is great 'cause he has a title shot coming. 3-Way Tag was good, lots of high spots (which is good for a lot of different fans) and even had some comedy (BOOZER CRUISER!) Plus Jacky, as a manager, did something competent. They also put the tension between Abyss/Morgan leading to a future storyline/match.

MCMG was MOTN and they busted out a lot of stuff you don't get to see anymore. From Tiger Suplexes and Double Frog Splashes to submission ground work. The story of the match even showed them not being able to one up each other until Sabin showing concern cost him.

The women's match was bad, but with Kong hurt and Hemme getting surgery at least they're moving forward. Still, if the main and the women aren't on the show at all, I think this PPV gets praise all around.

Sting/Rhyno was short with no heat...but who wants to see Rhyno get a title shot? That was to be expected. Even with trying to spend two hours to get him over with some BS "injury." No one cares about Rhyno.

I've been calling him "The Bore Machine" for a while now.

I've been a big Rhino fan since he was "The Rookie Monster," but I don't like him as a face. He works so much better as the heel that just goes out there and runs through people, and doesn't talk. Turn him heel and make Cornette his mouth piece.

I've been a big Rhino fan since he was "The Rookie Monster," but I don't like him as a face. He works so much better as the heel that just goes out there and runs through people, and doesn't talk. Turn him heel and make Cornette his mouth piece.

Rhino is awesome as a face or a heel when he's really intense but he's really great as a intense in your face, "I'm gonna fuck you up" heel.

Yeah I like Rhyno a lot, most recent thing of his I've really liked were the Aj Styles feud and the Christian Cage feud. He just needs to get some solid wins under his belt against some of the upper card to be believable in his role.

Jarrett/Angle was probably one of the best matches I've seen in years in TNA in terms of pure solid storytelling goes, it really told that story in the ring and the ends justified the means in a sense in how well done Jarrett and Angle projected the intensity of the feud (or at the least the intended nature of it) into this match as it was a stiff brawl with some really crazy spots. That bell shot to Jarrett looked like it smacked him hard in the forehead with the end of the wood panel on it, just looked brutal. Then Jarrett completely misses the table basically on the highspot from the stage. Sick looking post-match attack on the ankle there too. All in all, that made this ppv memorable enough for sure. The undercard was atroctious as spots with Bashir/Shane and the six chick matches really being duds, to a pretty damn solid X division title match and a decent enough tag title match.

But there is no question that the show definately peaked at Jarrett/Angle, as Rhino/Sting was ok, but basic. Thought there was going to be a Joe run-in there. The six man main event then was one of those things where it would have made the match better if they wouldnt have dropped the bottom out of the match before it even began with Kip James as the Nash replacement. It was like Savio Vega 98 only ten times more pathetic. They should have just done AJ/Foley against Booker/Steiner, really. The heat was next to nothing up until the match got restarted and then took off a bit to end the ppv on a semi-decent note, at least. But defiantely an underwhelming debut for Foley's TNA wrestling stint. So if Nash wouldnt have got hurt (which I am stiff baffled that its actually legit) he would have took that table bump for AJ? Yeah, right.