TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFC Championship Thread

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, who would've EVER picked this one at the start of the season? Not me.

McNabb's in his fifth NFC championship. Can he make it to his second superbowl?

Can Old Man Warner triumph at the age of 57, in one of the most unlikely playoff runs in recent memory?

Stay tuned

In the last three years we've had a 5-seed and 6-seed win it all

An all 6-seed Super Bowl is just that carried to its logical extreme

This game has reportedly sold out in six minutes. Compare that to the Wild Card game, and I think Warner has finally brought some passion and excitement to this city. Is he building them up just for a crushing fall?

Which one of these Super Bowls will we see?

-The All 6-seed, all bird-mascotted Super Bowl?

-The other all bird-mascotted Super Bowl?

-The Pennsylvania Turnpike Super Bowl?

-The QBs-trying-for-a-2nd-ring Super Bowl?

Selling out an NFC title game doesn't say much about the passion and excitement of the Arizona fans. Says a lot about the passion and excitement of their bandwagon refilling with the mid season jumpers though.

All I want to know is if the Eagles lose, does Donovan have to once again "regain the confidence and support" of the Philly fans or can he just tell them to kiss his ass and leave?

Guest Czech please!

DA FIRE AND DA PASSION OF KURT WARNER WITH THE PRAYING AND THE OVERCOMING AND THE TEXTING!!!

The Arizona Cardinals are in the conference championship.

Nope, still hasn't sunk in.

Kurt already prays to Tebow every night before he goes to bed.

I'm shocked his wife hasn't trash talked yet, she was pretty good at that when he was on the Rams. And Giants. Nothing says tough NFL player like having your wife do your talking for you.

This game has reportedly sold out in six minutes.

And their game against Atlanta was almost blacked out because they couldn't get a sellout. That's some bandwagon they've got going there.

Arizona is only the second team ever to host two playoff games in non-consecutive weeks, after the 2006 Colts.

Considering the Giants completely missed the playoffs the previous three times they went to the Super Bowl, this is a step up

They said that the Giants are the first ever defending champs to lose in the divisional round the next year, when they are the 1 seed and they are playing the 6 seed at home.

Somewhere, a stat geek is having an explosion in his shorts.

Funny how everyone was prognosticating on where Donovan McNabb was going to wind up after this season, and now he has his team on the verge of going to the Super Bowl. Not a big fan of either, but either winning the Super Bowl would be cool with me. I really want Donovan to get his ring. Eagles by 14.

Pleasepleaseplease win this game, Arizona. I haven't been able to stand listening to local sports talker WIP at all last week, and likely won't be able to this week, and certainly won't if the Eagles advance to the Super Bowl.

I'm starting to think that the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl this year. It'll be like when Indy won it a few years ago: they've been on the verge of winning a title for years, but then actually do it with a team that appeared to be going nowhere as late as week 16. No part of me really wants to see McNabb get a ring, but I think that's the road we're heading down. And he'll do it against the Ravens, the team that got him benched and started this particular story arc.

Nope, still hasn't sunk in.

When the Cardinals announced in the offseason that they were going with Warner at QB someone on this forum argued that it was ridiculous to not give Leinart a shot because this team had no hope of actually making the playoffs. This was a fairly common theme in the media as well. A few months later and they are four quarters from being in the Super Bowl. The NFL... yeah.

Philadelphia 35, Arizona 17. This is the exact score I predicted for Carolina/Arizona. A part of me would enjoy seeing the perennially awful Cardinals get to the Super Bowl (and get waxed), but that Thanksgiving night game is stuck in my head. Eagles should win this handily unless McNabb suddenly pulls a Delhomme and wrecks the Eagles in this game.

Arizona was 6-2 at home this year, with the two losses being to the Giants and Vikings, the two teams the Eagles just beat.

So Donovan McNabb is playing in his fifth conference championship game in the last eight years? That's astounding. What do you think that says about him as a quarterback? Has he been sufficiently rated relative to his peers? Is his success more of a reflection of the down state of the conference for most of the decade? He's down an awful lot with a fairly weak cast around him.

It just seems like McNabb gets talked about a lot, but not as one of the best of his generation. Hell, a few weeks ago Philly was ready to run him out of town.

To me, it says a lot about their blitz scheming. Jim Johnson is good.

Donovan's had two really good seasons. Sometimes an above average QB, but in from 01-03 he was just average. To me. Donovan doesn't rank well within his generation.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I remember a few years back I made a fairly interesting statistical comparison between Donovan McNabb and Jake Plummer (this is when Plummer had that one fluke year leading the Broncos to the AFC Championship) and that goes to show you a lot about McNabb.

I personally believe it says a lot more about Andy Reid than Donovan McNabb. The coaching staff as well as the drafting and free agency pick-ups for the Eagles has been superb ever since they all came into town.

I think McNabb is good in a Doug Williams or Lynn Dickey sort of way, except with way more Pro Bowls to his name. He'll certainly be remembered as a good quarterback, but I'm not sure he's a hall of famer.