TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

AFC Championship Thread

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh baby, this one has major bloodbath potential. I excpect at least two or three players to be picking teeth up off the field.

Physical aggressive defenses win the prize in the AFC this season.

If any two teams can top that physical battle, it's the final throwdown between the Ravens and Steelers. Especially with the trip to the Super Bowl on the line. I don't know which of the two teams is going to win this one, I'd lean more towards the Steelers since I know Flacco is going to act like a rookie again here soon and this is the defense that can make him do it.

But if he stays within himself (continues to just Dilfer it this postseason, nice and safe without doing too much) and the ground game works then I could see the Ravens winning it.

I just know I want to see some brutal, hard hitting, old school smash mouth football. Keep delivering Ravens and Steelers, keep delivering. Knowing that, watch it be a damn blowout or a offensive shootout.

I think it comes down to the QBs. In a game that could very well hinge on one key mistake, the Steelers have a huge advantage over the Ravens with Roethlisberger having the Super Bowl ring and the big-game experience.

I think it comes down to the QBs. In a game that could very well hinge on one key mistake, the Steelers have a huge advantage over the Ravens with Roethlisberger having the Super Bowl ring and the big-game experience.

While the experience is true, Big Ben has not went a playoffs without throwing at least 3 interceptions. And with the streak of interceptions the Ravens defense is on, that could be trouble.

TD to INT ratio in the postseason, including the Charger game:

12 touchdowns to 11 interceptions

I'm not saying he will get picked off, I'm just saying Big Ben has had that problem in the playoffs.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm picking Pittsburgh. That's a significant home field advantage, and Baltimore was picking body parts off of the turf at LP this weekend. Tennessee and Pittsburgh back to back on the road in the playoffs? Too tough. I'll take the Steelers by 6.

It's going to be the battle for PA this year in the Super Bowl, but like someone else said... I wouldn't mind seeing Arizona's offense against the Steeler D. But that game would have potential to get ugly with the way Arizona's D has stepped it up lately.

Holy shit, this is the first year in a while I could see any one of these teams winning the Super Bowl.

For this game, I'd take the Steelers in a battle of field goals.

The major thing that keeps me from being totally depressed about this game is that the Ravens played the Steelers tough in both games, but they actually looked better in the game @ Heinz Field. They were up 13-3 at the half and in about a 2 minute span gave up the lead on a my boyfriend TD and a Flacco fumble recovery for a TD. Flacco then engineered a really nice drive that tied the game at 20 and sent the game into OT.

Flacco's QB rating is much better on the road, and he's protected the ball much better than he was early on in the year. For all the talk of McClain being hurt with a sprained ankle, they very well should at least have a healthy McGahee, if not Ray Rice as well to pick up most of the slack. Everyone else that was hurt on Saturday should be ready to go last I heard.

Theres no way my boyfriend has as much time to sit back and throw like he did vs SD. I do worry about him hitting the short slant routes but theres no way he'll be as comfortable as he was vs SD since Rex Ryan will have the blitzes on just about every down.

The one thing that has been mentioned was that the Ravens defense looked tired vs the Titans early. They have played pretty much 21 straight weeks with no bye week thanks to the Hurricane in Houston. I just hope they can put together 4 quarters of football together to earn their first bye week next the following weekend before the Super Bowl...

Yeah, I was wondering why the Chargers didn't blitz more, especially after the Steelers kept converting 3rd down after 3rd down. I would expect the Ravens to turn up the heat a lot more in this game.

I forgot the Ravens had Ray Rice. It would be cool to see him get to the Super Bowl.

He was supposed to play vs the Dolphins after an injury to his shin but didnt. He was supposed to play vs the Titans and didnt. It might end up being the best move the coaching staff has made to hold him out so he's fresh for the Steelers game.

Baltimore 17, Pittsburgh 10. This certainly will not be a high scoring affair, in fact it would almost be disappointing if anyone scored over 20. This is a very tough game to call, since on one hand it's tough to see a team with a rookie QB getting to the Super Bowl. On the other hand it's hard to see the Steelers beating the Ravens 3 times, especially when the Ravens seemed like the better team in the previous matchups and lead for most of those games.

The Titans/Ravens game last week? Kid's play compared to this one. This is the epitome of all things manly. Flacco just needs to play within himself, that's all. Roethisberger is due for another 3 INT day, and if that happens the Ravens will convert enough to win.

This is the game I've been wanting all playoffs. I see it as being the real Super Bowl in that the winner will go on to win the big game rather handedly against either NFC opponent. This is real football here, my friends.

This is the epitome of all things manly.

Maybe even the pinnacle of all things manly. It's Michael Jordan at a middle school.

I vote that should the Raven's lose Marvin have to change his name to WB, because HOLY SHIT that is a lame nickname.

This is going to be old school football, and it's going to come down to one of the quarterbacks making a key mistake in the 4th that breaks it for the other team. I'm rolling against the rookie here and say that QB will be Flacco.

21-17 Steelers.

Edit: Nice censor.

This is the epitome of all things manly.

Maybe even the pinnacle of all things manly.

Nototrious it'll crush cabbageboy's head like a jely bean

Steelers 13-10. I'm hoping I don't have to wait another 10 seasons, (like I did from 1996-2005), for my team to win another AFC Title and a trip to the Super Bowl.

The more I think about it, I can see the Ravens winning this. The Steeler's O-Line isn't that good. Don't let the Charger game fool you, without Merriman, there is no pass rush from San Diego. Really, when it comes to pass protection, the Steelers O-Line is one of the worst in the league.

Anyone else see this? It was on PTI this afternoon - it's a unique hybrid of ridiculously stupid, yet kind of likeable:

Pittsburgh Mayor to Change His Name

Or Sheila MyHairIsSlightlyPrettierThanTroyPolamalu's.

Nobody's hair is prettier than Troy Polamalu's.