TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

ECW - January 13, 2009

* DJ Gabriel & Alicia Fox b. Paul Burchill & Katie Lea

* Tommy Dreamer promo about wanting to win the ECW Championship.

* Boogeyman b. Jobber in a squash match

* Jack Swagger b. Matt Hardy to win the ECW Championship.

* Tommy Dreamer says that if he doesn't win the ECW Championship by June, he'll retire.

Woo, a reason to watch.

Still....a title change on TV two weeks before a big four PPV? Is Matt Hardy winning the Rumble or something?

Maybe to appease the nit-pickers out there... there will be a ECW Title match at the PPV, thus keeping the champion out of the Rumble match.

There was an ECW title match last year as well when Chavo won it.

There was an ECW title match last year as well when Chavo won it.

Forgot about that.

Still, it does make sense to get the belt off of Matt with the whole Edge/Jeff/Christian angle about to start.

Tommy Dreamer says that if he doesn't win the ECW Championship by June, he'll retire.

Huh, this storyline intrigues me

I'd be surprised if Dreamer survives another round of cuts to be honest.

Poor Katie lea and burchill...not only moved to ecw but moved their to job too. I get why they don't like burchill...well sort of, but why katie? She is one of the hottest women they have (her eyes are just fucking amazing) and can wrestle and they do nothing with her. Yet that horrific Jillian hall gets tons of tv time every week on raw...makes no fucking sense to me.

So, Jack fucking Swagger is now a "World" Champion. It's time to change his attire or do a little to spruce up his image. For several weeks, it's been looking like he and Jesse get their singlets from the same tailor.

So, Jack fucking Swagger is now a "World" Champion.

The "World Title" status of the ECW Championship was informally withdrawn when Chavo Guerrero appeared in the Royal Rumble last year.

The "World Title" status of the ECW Championship was informally withdrawn when Chavo Guerrero appeared in the Royal Rumble last year.

Seriously, are we going to have this argument again?

Jack Swagger is the 45th ECW Champion and the 30th man to hold the title.

The title switch took place during Matt Hardy's 30th title defense.

I apologize for for discussing, not arguing, shit on a message board that was obviously designed for anything but discussion...

Poor Katie lea and burchill...not only moved to ecw but moved their to job too. I get why they don't like burchill...well sort of, but why katie? She is one of the hottest women they have (her eyes are just fucking amazing) and can wrestle and they do nothing with her. Yet that horrific Jillian hall gets tons of tv time every week on raw...makes no fucking sense to me.

Is there a reason they don't like Burchill?

I apologize for for discussing, not arguing, shit on a message board that was obviously designed for anything but discussion...

It's not that, it's just we have this same "discussion" if you will every two to three months that get us no where.

It's not that, it's just we have this same "discussion" if you will every two to three months that get us no where.

Must be difficult to ignore.

Hmmm, surprised they did a title switch here, and just didn't save it for the Rumble or something. Wonder what they will do with Swagger at Mania? Seems like Dreamer will slow build to a title shot at One Night Stand in six months, which is odd for them to already start that storyline. Not that I'm complaining though, they might as well try with him one of these times.

I think elevating Dreamer is a good idea simply because there are few faces in ECW.

Matt Hardy, Finlay....Ricky Ortiz...DJ Gabriel...?

Dreamer always gets the nostalgia pop and he knows how to work, so you might as well have him win a few matches.

Personally, I think this title switch will set up a rematch at the Rumble PPV with Swagger winning cleanly.

Must be difficult to ignore.

Hulk Hogan was a World Champion and was in the Royal Rumble. The fact is that you can't say the ECW Title isn't a World Title simply because the champ is in a Royal Rumble match. Stop acting like you're above criticizing.

I assume they made the switch to free up Matt to be involved in the Edge, Jeff, and Christian storyline. I don't know who Swagger is supposed to feud with though, Dreamer is utterly played out as a threat (I expect Dreamer to retire in June never getting the title), Finley is a cartoon character, and DJ Gabriel is just trying to establish himself.

Maybe have open contracts for Raw and SD! talent to come in and challenge for the title - even if it is just the undercard guys.

Hulk Hogan was a World Champion and was in the Royal Rumble. The fact is that you can't say the ECW Title isn't a World Title simply because the champ is in a Royal Rumble match. Stop acting like you're above criticizing.

I've already dropped it, but you don't make a very good case, given that there was no World Championship shot stipulation in that match.

I assume they made the switch to free up Matt to be involved in the Edge, Jeff, and Christian storyline. I don't know who Swagger is supposed to feud with though, Dreamer is utterly played out as a threat (I expect Dreamer to retire in June never getting the title), Finley is a cartoon character, and DJ Gabriel is just trying to establish himself.

Maybe have open contracts for Raw and SD! talent to come in and challenge for the title - even if it is just the undercard guys.

I think they should just dissolve ECW already.. it's a pathetic excuse for a "full" roster and separate "brand" and it really holds no sort of marketing value anymore seeing as any hardcore ECW fan probably hates the current state of that brand..

Retire of the ECW Title and bring in a TV Title that changes brands every month (like I suggested in the General Discussion thread) and they can just make the ECW timeslot an inter-brand show or something like what Heat used to be.