TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promoter

TSM Talks (to the voices in their head): The Legacy

I thought Hogan would be in the top ten. The night Hogan won the Rumble for America because Sgt. Slaughter won the wwf title.

Hulk Hogan is a 2 time winner.

Also, I like the idea of Ted Dibiase's son defeating Taker at Mania to tie it into the debut of the Taker. If they are planning this(which is spoiled now for online fans although it still seems highly unlikely) they need to really build him now. I agree with mellowblissful about expecting him to live up to all this hype though so soon because I don't see it. If they could do it more power to them.

I got this from idiotsrunningawebsite.com, however it's probably stolen from one of the paysites -

According to a source in Florida Championship Wrestling, Harry "DH" Smith" is set to be called back up to the Raw roster within the next week or two and become the newest member of Randy Orton's "Legacy" faction.

Smith has been off WWE television since last May. Shortly there after, Smith was drafted to SmackDown as part of the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft. Smith, however, returned to Florida Championship Wrestling on August 26, without making his SmackDown debut. He made the decision to return to WWE's developmental promotion on a full-time basis so he could mature, and put more effort into developing his in-ring work and his personality.

In October, WWE put Smith together with long-time friend TJ Wilson with the intent to call them up to the main roster as "The New Hart Foundation" with SmackDown Diva Natalya as their manager. In the meantime, the two won the FCW Florida Tag Team Championships, defeating Joe Hennig and Sebastian Slater. Smith & Wilson lost the belts to Tyler Reiks and Johnny Curtis on December 11 at a FCW television taping. The title loss appeared to be as a result of the team finally getting called up to SmackDown, but that was not the case.

Officials had pegged Smith & Wilson to feud with Carlito & Primo Colon over the WWE Tag Team titles, but went with The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson instead. That put Smith & Wilson back on the drawing board.

With Smith's forthcoming call-up to the main roster, Wilson will be left to fend for himself once again.

I can't say that I'm against this idea. DH Smith has the size and look that is a much better fit for the group. He can be the "Batista" of the group if you will, something that the group was missing and that Manu failed terribly at providing. He can't talk worth a lick and has a lot to learn, but he's solid enough in the ring and has the Hart pedigree to really fit with the stable. Also he doesn't turn 24 until August, so if he's fast tracked and gets over, he could challenge Orton's "youngest World Champion" record, even if he loses the match.

This is terrible news for TJ Wilson though. The kid can really bring it in the ring and could easily hold his own with the Kingstons, Mysterio's, Bournes and now Low-Ki's of the roster. Wilson is a Hart in every way except blood, and he and Smith together could have fit well with Orton and Rhodes, but I guess that isn't in the cards.

Orton/Rhodes/Smith is head and shoulders better than The Legacy when it involved Manu and especially Sim Snuka. Ideally it would still add a fourth member, I like my factions with four - usually a HWT Contender, a secondary title contender and a Tag Team. Either Dibiase returning to the group or Joe Hennig getting called up would work. Heck, Manu could even stick around - I just didn't like his as the muscle of the group.

Rather have a new Hart Foundation on Smackdown than Legacy on Raw. We could have both then have them run into each other at the ppvs leading to a slow build for a Survivor Series match. Might as well cut Manu and Snuka now cause those guys aren't going to fly on their own.

Snuka really? I think he has a ton of potential. He has a great look and moves really well in the ring. I just think he needs some new ring gear then he'll be set. Manu on the other hand....I just don't know what he can do to really say "keep him".

I'd like to see them get a chance as a tag team or something before they're completely written off by everyone.

Exactly.

It reminds me of when I read that Bret Hart magazine that WWE released a few years ago...Bret was going to be cut before the idea of teaming him with Neidhart happened.

The rest is history.

Snuka really? I think he has a ton of potential. He has a great look and moves really well in the ring. I just think he needs some new ring gear then he'll be set. Manu on the other hand....I just don't know what he can do to really say "keep him".

Snuka is 37 years old, Manu is 24yo.

Ok and?

Ok and?

And I don't think the wwe is going to choose to push a 37 yr old basically from scratch, or less than scratch since Deuce jobbed a helluva lot.

What is there to do on RAW for a Manu/Snuka tag team exactly? There's not much to work with - Miz & Morrison, Cryme Tyme, and possibly Kofi & Partner of the Month. They really don't appear to have the charisma or flashiness to be faces, so that limits them even further since RAW is overloaded with heels right now.

Seems like a blatant cry for attention by Eric, since the Hardys are pretty hot at the moment. Looking over Matt's blog though, he does come across as kind of douchy with all the "life's so great!" stuff.

Ok and?

And I don't think the wwe is going to choose to push a 37 yr old basically from scratch, or less than scratch since Deuce jobbed a helluva lot.

And this is likely as good as Deuce is going to get... which is not very good at all. I truly thought Domino was the better of the two, knew how to work the crowd better, and had more upside. I'm not seeing it, but at this stage he'd be better off milking the Snuka name and look for as long as he can anyway, rather than whatever it is he's supposed be now.

Manu will be fine. He can still learn, is mobile enough, has enough of a moveset to differentiate himself from Umaga, and has a hook in being a non-typical Samoan. He's not bad by any stretch. He was simply brought up too soon.

Ok and?

Dave Batista says hello. And Snuka doesn't look 37. He looks like another young, hungry punk that wants in with Orton. I think Snuka and Manu should take out Kane for Orton before the match but Orton says, "No, that's not enough!" Then later at the end of the show they run in on the HBK/Cena match beating the shit out of them. Then Orton comes out with Rhodes and says they passed the "test." He wanted to see how they respond to adversity and loss and that's what seperates them from the rest of the trash on RAW. It gets both of those guys over as bruisers and establishes some stability in the Legacy..

Dave Batista says hello. And Snuka doesn't look 37. He looks like another young, hungry punk that wants in with Orton. I think Snuka and Manu should take out Kane for Orton before the match but Orton says, "No, that's not enough!" Then later at the end of the show they run in on the HBK/Cena match beating the shit out of them. Then Orton comes out with Rhodes and says they passed the "test." He wanted to see how they respond to adversity and loss and that's what seperates them from the rest of the trash on RAW. It gets both of those guys over as bruisers and establishes some stability in the Legacy..

Only relevant if you believe Batista was born in 1966 rather than 1969. Batista claims the latter, meaning when Evolution was formed in January 2003 he was 34 years old. Now if you believe he's lying about his age and really born in 1966 making him 42, then yeah he would have got his big push at 37. Of course then you'd have to consider that Batista is 6'6" 300lbs whereas Sim Snuka is 6'1" 235lbs.

I think there was certain staying power in being Snuka Jr, but I don't think it's an upper card act and definitely didn't fit in The Legacy.

A couple of updates on The Legacy stable from pwinsider (via idiotsrunningawebsite.com) -

As reported several times before, there was talk of calling up DH Smith and TJ Wilson (with Natalya as their manager) to SmackDown as The New Hart Foundation, but those plans are off.

A few weeks ago, Smith went to the creative team and pitched the idea that be brought on board as part of Randy Orton's Legacy faction. Smith is set to debut in The Legacy any week now.

Many backstage feel Smith was wrong to turn on Natalya as well as Wilson -- his best friend since childhood -- in order to get a bigger push on the bigger stage.

I'm torn on what Smith is said to have done here. Maybe he figures that once he gets his foot in the door he could help out TJ (and Nattie). Also what about looking at it the other way in that TJ was keeping DH down. I like DH in The Legacy stable, I think it's his best chance to break out. The other idea of a "next generation" Hart Foundation, I feel it would have never got over because no Bret Hart kids were involved. I think a better tag team to emulate would have been the British Bulldogs as Harry could have brought Davey Boys power, and TJ could compare to Dynamite Kid in flying and technical ability.

Several pushed for Manu to be kicked out of The Legacy, most notably, Randy Orton. The feeling is that he isn't in the same league or had the same amount of potential as others in the group, and didn't really fit in as a result. Many believe the group would be better off with Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and possibly DH Smith.

Considering that he's no longer apart of Legacy, many feel Manu may not be long for WWE.

I completely agree with Randy here, and I'm glad he's taking ownership of the group. Manu just didn't fit - though I'm not down on his talent as others seems to be. Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase/Smith is a damn solid group with each wrestler having crazy potential.

Funny, the last time someone has gotten shitted on so much by most of the people in the back and by other wrestlers that were higher up the food chain as Manu has been lately... was The Rock.

We need a Sons of Samoa gang-like stable and then he can start cutting some great lisp-catchphrase like promos.

A couple of updates on The Legacy stable from pwinsider (via idiotsrunningawebsite.com) -

As reported several times before, there was talk of calling up DH Smith and TJ Wilson (with Natalya as their manager) to SmackDown as The New Hart Foundation, but those plans are off.

A few weeks ago, Smith went to the creative team and pitched the idea that be brought on board as part of Randy Orton's Legacy faction. Smith is set to debut in The Legacy any week now.

Many backstage feel Smith was wrong to turn on Natalya as well as Wilson -- his best friend since childhood -- in order to get a bigger push on the bigger stage.

I'm torn on what Smith is said to have done here. Maybe he figures that once he gets his foot in the door he could help out TJ (and Nattie). Also what about looking at it the other way in that TJ was keeping DH down. I like DH in The Legacy stable, I think it's his best chance to break out. The other idea of a "next generation" Hart Foundation, I feel it would have never got over because no Bret Hart kids were involved. I think a better tag team to emulate would have been the British Bulldogs as Harry could have brought Davey Boys power, and TJ could compare to Dynamite Kid in flying and technical ability.

I think DH Smith did a smart thing by pitching to creative that he joined Legacy. Yeah it sucks that Nattie and TJ will still be in FCW for awhile longer (Unless Nattie is still on Smackdown. I'm not to sure.) but at the same time, a 2nd group of 2nd/3rd generation wrestlers on Smackdown wouldn't have worked. Why have one group on Raw then a second group on Smackdown? Granted the 2nd group would have tried to become a Hart Foundation type of gimmick, but they'd probably be looked at as a rip off of Legacy.

If anything TJ could just be put on ECW and Smackdown and Nattie could just be his valet.

I actually liked the Rhodes/Dibiase/Manu version of the group. Orton's involvement kind of overshadows the other guys, and makes them look like jobbers.

I recall Batista being a jobber when he joined Evolution. I recall Orton being the second coming of 1996 Rocky Maivia when he joined Evolution. I think both moves worked out quite well. I think Cody Rhodes can get a great rub being paired up with Orton.

The Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase/Smith group does sound a great deal stronger than the one with Manu and Sim in it. Though you'd at least think DH would try and bring Nattie along with him. She is second generation after all, and if she was good enough to be this New Hart Foundation's valet, she could be at the very least Smith's valet.

Nattie would be considered third generation as Stu would be her Grandfather on her Mothers side. Problem being is that the wwe doesn't fancy her as much of a looker so probably wouldn't give her that push. I think she could really work as a member though, and could debut later on when Mickie or somebody is standing up to the Legacy Boys, and they could say something to the effect "We don't hit on girls..." and then have Nattie jump the Diva from behind.

Cody is fine. I think he's really coming into his own right now.

I don't get the point of kicking Sim and Manu out so soon. Are they going to return as a tag team or something?

I'm just worried that, if they do a Smith turning face and Orton feuding with him thing, we have Orton saying to Smith the same thing he said to Rey about Eddie in their No Way Out 06 build up.

I actually liked the Rhodes/Dibiase/Manu version of the group. Orton's involvement kind of overshadows the other guys, and makes them look like jobbers.

I recall Batista being a jobber when he joined Evolution. I recall Orton being the second coming of 1996 Rocky Maivia when he joined Evolution. I think both moves worked out quite well. I think Cody Rhodes can get a great rub being paired up with Orton.

Except neither of those guys were jobbers when they joined Evolution. They had a ton of tv time, wins, vignettes, all of that. What did Manu have before he joined the group? The dude was totally buried. Rhodes especially looks like a bitch with Orton...why is he so eager to please a guy that slapped him around and beat the snot out of him not too long ago?

Batista was a job guy as Deacon Batista, but he was moved to Raw with some hype vignettes and won all his early matches as squashes. Then he got Ric Flair in his corner before Evolution was formally founded.