TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promoter

TSM Talks (to the voices in their head): The Legacy

Although I am not really huge on Manu, I would mark out if he still goes after Randy and Legacy and at some point Orton gives him the concussion kick only to see him shake it off like any good Samoan would.

That would be pretty good, but add to it that Orton hurts his foot and the announcers play it up that since he's Samoan, he's got a head like a coconut.

I know it's biting on Bruiser Brody but I would love to hear The Immigrant Song just once in American wrestling as someone's entrance theme. :P

Although I am not really huge on Manu, I would mark out if he still goes after Randy and Legacy and at some point Orton gives him the concussion kick only to see him shake it off like any good Samoan would.

That would be pretty good, but add to it that Orton hurts his foot and the announcers play it up that since he's Samoan, he's got a head like a coconut.

Then Roddy Piper runs in and hits him with a coconut for no apparent reason.

I know it's biting on Bruiser Brody but I would love to hear The Immigrant Song just once in American wrestling as someone's entrance theme. :P

They should get Jim Johnston to write a knock-off version of it for Mike Knox. Seems like he's going for Brody's look with the wildman beard.

Yeah, he's too stoic for immigrant song. There's too much energy in that song for serious. I'd rather give it to someone like Jeff Hardy who will dance.

Togi Makabe uses a cover of it in New Japan and he doesn't dance.. but it definitely fits him. I think it's a great song for an intense "beast" type of wrestler. I think Knox could work with it if he tweaked his entrance a bit, just more intense and frantic, rather than slow walking. ;)

Snippets from a recent Randy Orton interview that you can read in full here

ESPN: You mentioned Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase earlier and how The Legacy is watching your back. Any hopes to add a new member, and if so, wouldn't Stephanie or Shane McMahon have about the best legacy in the business if you wanted to add one of them?

Randy Orton: I never really thought about that, but that's a really good idea. I would actually like to make the group one more man strong. I would like to have four guys in my group because I think four is that magic number. We need a big guy. Someone we can count on to be the heater. Someone who is an unstoppable force and an immovable object. Someone similar to how Batista was in Evolution. So yeah, I'm still recruiting for The Legacy but I don't think Shane McMahon and Stephanie are too happy about what I did to their dad Monday night. We'll have to wait and see what comes of that.

ESPN: Are there a lot more legacy kids in WWE's development system?

Randy Orton: Mike Rotunda has two boys who are in FCW, the WWE's developmental system. Then of course there was (Superfly) Snuka's son who had his shot, but he's out. Afa the Wild Samoan's son had his shot, but he's out. One guy I've been looking at really closely is Harry Smith. He's Davey Boy Smith's son, and he's a big, young kid who has that hunger. He's a strong boy, and I think he's at that age now where he's learned from some of the mistakes he's made in the past. He originally debuted as DH Smith, but he's a completely different person right now. I have my eye on him, but we'll have to see what the future holds. I need one more guy, but he has to have wrestling in his blood and he has to have that potential to one day follow in my footsteps. I won't settle for anything less.

Harry Smith is the only developmental with the size Orton is looking for, and even then Harry isn't muscled up like Batista was and likely never will be given his wellness strike and familial history. Here is the most up-to-date picture of Harry Smith from last nights FCW taping -

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg