TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promoter

Attitude Era Timeline in your opinion?

Just that little detail to attention made a difference in Austin's character. When people talk about the attitude era those are the things I loved most and not that stuff in 1999 that was out there.

I did get a bit scared when Austin first shouted "Hell Yeah" too and I think it was the night he faced Ahmed Johnson in MSG or something before his official return for Surivor Series 97 or the ppv after. It's kind of hazy too me off the top of my head. It worked out well though. I think they stopped doing the heel in storylines fully when he helped Stephanie from Undertaker because it was the right thing to do.

Did anyone really want to see Austin beat the crap out of Bret?

GOD YES!!! Granted, Bret had some redeeming qualities, but he was also a fantastic villan and I couldn't wait for Austin to beat his ass. Really, was there anybody that didn't go crazy when Austin attacked Bret in the ambulance?

I was marking out like never before (I hope I remember this correctly) when HBK lured the Hart Foundation away, and Austin hit the ring for the beatdown on Bret. I swear Austin held him in a Sharpshooter for about 10 minutes, even through a commercial break. Then, when Austin made his way to the ambulance, and continued the beatdown, it was even more fun.

I guess I'm the only one here who thought the Attitude era ended the night of Survivor Series 2001. That was the first time where I felt like the state of WWE was changing and hasn't been the same since. With the acquisition of WCW officially dead and the separation of the brands a few months afterwards, the aftermath of that PPV was the first time watching wrestling felt differently to me. Even after Austin's turn at WMX7, I felt the attitude era was still in full effect with Russo-esque crap like stalker DDP.

I don't know WHEN it ended, but I do agree it's over.

And that they need a new logo to prove the point. I mean, is there a real reason that we still have the scratch-style logo?

And that they need a new logo to prove the point. I mean, is there a real reason that we still have the scratch-style logo?

Because the McMahons still show up on TV?

Because the McMahons still show up on TV?

I figured WWE would eventually revert back to a block style logo, similar to the throwback logo that John Cena was using several years back. It would probably be a bit on the expensive side to get the logos changed on all their title belts, ring gear, stage, etc.