• Skull
  • Steve Austin
  • Steve Blackman
  • Thrasher
  • Tom Brandi
  • Vader
WWF Championship Casket Match

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

The Rumble is pretty lame, because it's Austin and 29 midcarders who have no chance in winning. And the Rumble is filled with too many guys through much of the match and it just drags.

I had completely forgotten about "NWA North American Champion" Jeff Jarrett.

I echo Penguin's thoughts; it wasn't a bad show, but nothing special.

This was the first Rumble I was able to order on PPV, so I've always liked it. It's not the best Rumble, but it's far from the worst.

In regards to monster pops, how about Owen's pop when he finally enters the ring and eliminates Jeff Jarrett? It's pretty insane. I always found it funny that during this sequence, Marc Mero just observes and cheers Owen on.

If you can ignore the fact that Cactus, Mankind, and Dude Love are conveniently spread out in the beginning, middle, and end of the match, then yes, the three faces of Foley making appearances is awesome.

I remember thinking it was SO obvious Austin would win, that I predicted Owen Hart would take it. Whoops.

It was kinda cool to see all 5 Nation of Domination members in it together for a bit.

I remember thinking it was SO obvious Austin would win, that I predicted Owen Hart would take it. Whoops.

It was kinda cool to see all 5 Nation of Domination members in it together for a bit.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

No, that was not a good time to bust out that quote.

Also, your youtube video no longer works.

...what? I was talking about you predicting Owen would win even though you thought Austin would win. Either that, or the Nation being in the Rumble at the same time at one point.

...what? I was talking about you predicting Owen would win even though you thought Austin would win. Either that, or the Nation being in the Rumble at the same time at one point.

Bob didn't say those things. And neither were idiotic or incoherent.

Bob didn't say those things. And neither were idiotic or incoherent.

Oh. I'm confused. Somebody pull out the quote on me. I'm incoherent.

In 2009, Rock would have tossed Austin out via dubious means and Austin would have won the shot at No Way Out. Austin winning was predictable, but sometimes a surprise is not worth messing with the momentum the "story" has.

In 2009, Rock would have tossed Austin out via dubious means and Austin would have won the shot at No Way Out. Austin winning was predictable, but sometimes a surprise is not worth messing with the momentum the "story" has.

Agreed. Austin had to win, it's just that like 1995, the starpower is really lacking

This was the first Rumble I was able to order on PPV, so I've always liked it. It's not the best Rumble, but it's far from the worst.

In regards to monster pops, how about Owen's pop when he finally enters the ring and eliminates Jeff Jarrett? It's pretty insane. I always found it funny that during this sequence, Marc Mero just observes and cheers Owen on.

And then sucker punches him after Owen eliminates Jarrett.

Guest Smues

I loved the three appearances by Foley. And Dude Love in the final four always makes me smile.

Damn, you are right. I forgot how massively over as a face Owen Hart was at this time. Of course, this meant Russo had to immediately turn him heel again and stick him in the Nation of Domination.

Since everyone knew Austin was getting the title at WM14, I always thought they should have had Shawn vs. Owen for the title with Owen getting the title victory and HBK winning it back at No Way Out. They could have even played the Austin angle in the HBK/Owen rematch, mentioning Owen's recent history with Austin (yeah, it would have reminded people that Owen was a dick heel, but remember, Vince said shades of gray).

This show is in that dead zone after Montreal where the roster was ravaged and the new guys don't mean anything yet. At least Michaels/Taker is good.

I had never seen this match until today. What spot did Michaels hurt his back on? when he dropped the elbow into the casket? I was working from home so was half distracted but I thought he got posted or something on to it , which is what kept him out for years.

This show is in that dead zone after Montreal where the roster was ravaged and the new guys don't mean anything yet. At least Michaels/Taker is good.

I had never seen this match until today. What spot did Michaels hurt his back on? when he dropped the elbow into the casket? I was working from home so was half distracted but I thought he got posted or something on to it , which is what kept him out for years.

When he gets backdropped over the top rope and his ass lands on the casket. It compressed a ton of shit in his back. HBK said it was weird because it didn't affect him at all when it happened. He said he felt fine during the match and for the rest of the night, but couldn't move when he woke up the next day.

When he gets backdropped over the top rope and his ass lands on the casket. It compressed a ton of shit in his back. HBK said it was weird because it didn't affect him at all when it happened. He said he felt fine during the match and for the rest of the night, but couldn't move when he woke up the next day.

How did I miss that - time to cue it up again. Thanks for the response.

How did I miss that - time to cue it up again. Thanks for the response.

The clip of HBK clipping the casket is shown during that "Don't try this at home" montage they always show on the DVDs.