cd213

IMPACT! Spoilers for 1/22/09

These were taken from PWInsider:

TNA IMPACT SPOILERS FOR NEXT WEEK

by Ashley Colton @ 2009-01-13 20:53:20

Xplosion

*Jay Lethal defeated Cute Kip w/The Beautiful People

4 way X Division Title Match

Alex Shelley defeated Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt w/So Cal Val & Sheik Abdul Bashir when Shelley pinned Dutt. At the end of the match, Sharmell came out and confronted referee Shane Sewell and made him return to the back with her.

The Main Event Mafia of Kurt Angle, Sting & Scott Steiner come to the ring. He says tonight they start with Petey Williams and end with AJ Styles. He says that its part Styles's fault he went through that table last week and playbacks are a bitch. He asks Team 3D who died and made them bookers...he said they can take their challenges for the PPV and stick them up their fat asses. Sting says no one speaks for him...and whispers something to Angle, who in turn whispers something back to Sting. Jim Cornette comes out and says Angle is right, 3D doesn't have the power to make matches but he does. And its not going to be Brother Ray vs Sting or Brother Devon vs Angle at Aganist All Odds, instead its going to be a 4 way match for the TNA World Title with Sting defending against Brother Ray, Brother Devon and Kurt Angle, first man to score the pinfall is the new champion. He knows that Team 3D can work together but asks if Sting and Angle can.

Sojourner Bolt vs. ODB

ODB wins by DQ when Awesome Kong runs down and attacks her with Raisha Sied & Rhaka Khan. Taylor Wilde & Roxxi come down with a chair & pipe to make the save.

Tag Team Elimination Match

Booker T w/Sharmell & Scott Steiner defeated Petey Williams & Eric Young.

Eric Young eliminated by Booker T.

Booker T pins Petey Williams after a scisscorkick...Booker went for several pins attempts on Williams but kept lifting him up. Postmatch, while raising Steiner & Booker's hands, Sewell shook his head in disgust...and Booker got in his face and hit him, Sewell couldn't take it anymore and started lacing into Booker with a series of chops, Steiner & Booker beat down on Sewell until Earl Hebner came down to help him out.

Lauren is in the ring, Matt Morgan comes out followed by Abyss. They discuss what happened postmatch last week. Morgan says the reason he's out there and had Abyss out there was to give him apology. And tonight, they will be the TNA World tag team champions. The two hug. Abyss says he accepts his apology and he's got a bad problem with his temper too. He mentions the two of them can go to therapy together. He's so happy he's got his whole family, his best friend of Matt Morgan and his girlfriend Lauren who he picks up and violently spins her around before apologizing.

Non Title First Blood Match

TNA Tag Team champs Beer Money, Inc w/Jackie Moore defeated Matt Morgan & Abyss after matt morgan turned on Abyss, hit him with a steel chair and made him bleed. Postmatch, Morgan hovered over Abyss before beating him senseless into the corner. Abyss finally makes it to his feet and Morgan appears to be leaving the ring but instead turns around and hits Abyss with yet another chairshot. He stands over him before flipping off the crowd and leaving.

Tables Match

AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle

Angle wins following an Olympic Slam through the table. Postmatch, Angle repeatedly smashes Styles's ankle with a chair before putting him in the Ankle Lock. Kurt then goes to the broadcast table & takes the mic. He says the beginning of the end of TNA starts next week, he stands on top of the table and says, Look Ma, I'm on top of the world before heading up the ramp where he does a TNA Today interview with Jeremy Borash.

He says the beginning of the end of TNA starts next week, he stands on top of the table and says, Look Ma, I'm on top of the world before heading up the ramp where he does a TNA Today interview with Jeremy Borash.

:lol:

Lauren is in the ring, Matt Morgan comes out followed by Abyss. They discuss what happened postmatch last week. Morgan says the reason he's out there and had Abyss out there was to give him apology. And tonight, they will be the TNA World tag team champions. The two hug. Abyss says he accepts his apology and he's got a bad problem with his temper too. He mentions the two of them can go to therapy together. He's so happy he's got his whole family, his best friend of Matt Morgan and his girlfriend Lauren who he picks up and violently spins her around before apologizing.

Is Abyss supposed to be bi? This lovable Abyss shit is awful.

Non Title First Blood Match

TNA Tag Team champs Beer Money, Inc w/Jackie Moore defeated Matt Morgan & Abyss after matt morgan turned on Abyss, hit him with a steel chair and made him bleed. Postmatch, Morgan hovered over Abyss before beating him senseless into the corner. Abyss finally makes it to his feet and Morgan appears to be leaving the ring but instead turns around and hits Abyss with yet another chairshot. He stands over him before flipping off the crowd and leaving.

Although predicatble, this sounds pretty cool.

And who would have thought that Team 3D would have had 2 World title shots in their stint in TNA?

Is Abyss supposed to be bi? This lovable Abyss shit is awful.

Where do you get that from? He's just a retard with no friends.

Do you think they're going to have Abyss completely snap-out and go nuts, or will they save it for later?

The way I might book it. They have a match at the next PPV. Morgan goes over since Abyss won't hit him with a chair, or something like that. He explains that he didn't hurt Morgan because they are friends. Over the next month it can play out that Morgan just rips into Abyss more and more until he just snaps and starts beating the crap out of Morgan. Not only would it bring back the bad-ass Abyss, but it can also get him more over with the fans like he once was.

Yeah, that was one of the worst, if not THE worst, 2 hour Impact ever. It wasnt so much as it was retarded booking more than it was just paint by numbers, boring as hell, and plain unentertaining. I honestly fast forwarded through it so much on my DVR that I think it only took me 20 minutes to skim through the shit. The tables match was acceptable fare, but easily the worse Styles/Angle match I've seen. The Morgan turn was just so matter of factly done, talk about killing that idea dead in the water. And another redux of Shane Sewell getting beat down by the arrogant heels. It was much better the first time. The rest of the show was just predictable garbage that didn't advance shit in the main faction wars angle, and instead just put it at a virtual standstill. Foley was nowhere to be found on the show as well for some odd reason. And the other matches, such as the X division four way and the Knockouts crap, was just weak as fuck.

The easiest whiskey tango foxtrot moment of the night had to go to the Dudley interview "from Japan" where the audio feed cut out, and Tenay cuts to break like this is a shoot and they are live. But they're not. Why in the fuck didn't they fix this? Or is this some angle, such as the MEM taking out the audio feed in the truck? If so, how weak is that?

If I remember correctly Bubba was about to answer Tenay's question as to which of the two would win the title if they have a choice. And Bubba and Devon seemed like they had a real answer instead of the two of them fighting over it. So my guess is that it was supposed to be us not hearing that and somehow the question of the Dudleyz' motivation will continue up to the PPV. Which is silly and pretty pointless but I dunno... I don't see the point in getting annoyed by it. I think it was clear that it wasn't a production fuck up they failed to fix, what with the show being taped two weeks ago and being done a week after the Dudleyz actually won those titles in Japan. The day after the Dudleyz were in the house so were almost certainly still there or at least could have been.

It was an angle. Probably a stupid and pointless one, but hopefully a harmless one.

I'm just assuming that the is all leading to the PPV. AJ gets taken out this week leaving the Frontline to basically be the Dudleyz and the B Team. Angle and Sting are conflicted and they're raising the issue of Sting's moral feelings about the Mafia more and more. So leading into the PPV Angle rallies Booker and Steiner and convinces the Dudleyz that they're on the wrong side and they're fighting a war by themselves. With no AJ, Joe, and Rhino there to counter it this probably works. Then you have Angle betraying Sting at the PPV, the Dudleyz turning, and Angle as the champ. Joe, AJ, (Jarrett?), and Rhino return either there or on Impact as the Frontline make that push to Lockdown (in which they may actually start winning decisively) probably with Sting in tow.

I honestly think its a solid enough story (especially if you have AJ and Joe bring Daniels to strengthen the Frontline) but it means another couple of weeks of treading water and another PPV with a weak card. As it is Against All Odds has the 4 way main event, what looks like Booker/Shane Sewell, Morgan/Abyss, Kong/ODB, and Joe, AJ, Jarrett, and Rhino all possibly off the show. So unless they do a 30 minute rematch of Shelley/Sabin followed by a 20 minute Shelley/Homicide match its going to be tough to really make a card that isn't a really weak PPV.

And TNA seems to have been doing a lot of weak looking cards both on PPV and Impact all in the name of telling this story of the Main Event Mafia's dominance. Which again, I assume HAS to lead to the Frontline's recovery in time for Lockdown, but which makes for some really boring treading of water.

I initially put this in the wrong thread but..the only highlight of Impact for me was the Beautiful People beatdown of "Sarah Palin." That was some intense stuff.

Just as an FYI, they want to do Nash/Samoa Joe at Against All Odds (and I would assume that would be the main event then, since the world title match is so weak sounding on paper) but it's up in the air due to Nash's condition. They should know this coming week during the tapings if that match is a go or not.

Jeff Jarrett and Booker T had an argument at the television tapings last week regarding the direction of an angle. Jarrett wanted the angle to play out just as the creative team had written it, and Booker got upset that Jarrett wouldn't give him freedom to tweak it. Jarrett eventually threw up his arms and let Booker make changes.

Powell's POV: More than one source felt that Jarrett throwing up his hands and walking away is an indication that he's too much of a pushover when it comes to confrontations with top talent.

Meanwhile, Booker has developed a reputation for throwing star fits and acting like he's above it all. He positioned himself as someone who wanted to give back to the industry when he signed with TNA, but he's shown some prima donna tendencies that have rubbed others the wrong way. Although Booker has been complimentary of Jarrett publicly, he has been outspoken behind the scenes regarding his lack of faith in the creative team.

Prowrestling.net

I don't know what the argument was about...but I guarantee you Booker was right.

It does't mean Jarrett should have backed down like a bitch...but I would bet almost anything that Booker's ideas were better than whatever he was given.