TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009

Ok, I'll re-edit the draft list and keepers subtracting Vern's picks.

Could a mod add this to the thread's subject sub-title... "Spots Available!"

I highly doubt MJ is returning since last year he said this was the only thing bringing him to the forum. I'll give him to the 25th until he's officially declared out.

A random number generator will determine the order between the new teams in the draft, like always.

Awesome! That was quick! You're in.

Still 1 possible spot available, I'm 90% sure MJ won't be back but it won't be official until the 25th that he isn't returning.

So, if there is anyone interested in the possible spot opening I'd suggest posting now. It may not be open but might as well state your claim now if it becomes available. First come first serve.

I sent both him and Vern pm's. I guess we'll give them until the 25th or 26th then we'll make their spots available for 2 new teams.

Updated the keeper list for pinjockey.

OK, I don't know what the deal is but my messages say "0 new messages" yet I clicked it and I have your message. Weird. Anyway good that I got in before the deadline, I have a team to build.

Question: If only Yahoo eligible players will be available to draft, how will we be able to begin the draft before Yahoo's fantasy baseball system is available? We don't know what players are eligible until then.

I remember I got screwed out of Alexei Ramirez last year because Yahoo didn't have him available until after the season started. If had him I might have finished next to last!

Welcome back MJ!

We're at 20 now. Could a mod remove the "Spots Available" from the Thread Sub-Title?

We're using the Yahoo system again. I'll go back and look in the old thread and see if I can determine when the player pool was up last year. EDIT: Leagues open February 6th last year. Doubtful we'll even be done with Round 3 by that point.

By the time anyone would consider drafting a guy that didn't play in the bigs last year, the Yahoo player pool should be up.

It really makes no sense to draft a guy that early anyway if he has never played a day in the bigs. If they logged MLB statistics last season, they will be in the player pool.

The early portion of the draft always goes at a snails pace anyway so I don't think it'll be a real big issue.

So when is the "Chance to draft A-Rod" coinflip? We need to get JHawk, Matt Young, and Elgin Baylor (can't have a draft lottery without him) sitting at their podiums while Russ Granik pulls the name from the envelope.

Alright Brooklyn Zoo isn't keeping David Ortiz, via pm. Updated that.

tombradycoinflip25du6.jpg

Time for the coin flip.

Elgin Baylor will be the official grand marshal since he's so accustomed to the lottery process proceedings.

elginbaylor1mf1.jpg

http://www.random.org/coins/

That's the site I used. Apparently it uses atmospheric noise to come up with the randomness, sounds impressive.

1 coin flip.

Matt Young will be heads since he signed up first.

JHawk will be tails since he was second.

89259892dw9.jpg

JHawk will have the first pick.

Matt Young will have the second pick.

Draft proceedings will begin anytime on February 2nd when JHawk makes his first pick. Even though, we already know who its probably going to be.

If you want to edit your keepers, be sure to post or pm me BEFORE Midnight EST Sunday, February 1st so I have time to do any last minute modifications to the draft list.

So, lets shave the amount of time per pick down to 18 hours. You have 18 hours to complete a draft pick following the selection prior to you. That should be more than enough time. It worked damn well in the TSM H2H Fantasy Basketball league this year. Once we get to round 10, if it looks like we are running behind in completing the draft, the time will be re-evaluated at the beginning of each round.

Remember, if you aren't going to be online send someone your selection so they can post it for you.

That time limit?

Alrighty, drafting stats tomorrow Feb 2nd.

Once JHawk makes the first selection the 2009 TSM Fantasy Basbeall Keeper League Draft will be officially underway!

Same general draft rules as last year apply.

You have 18 hours to make a draft pick. This will be shortened later on.

You can not draft anyone that is listed as a keeper. Period. You can find the official Keeper list in the 2nd post of the thread and also again in the third post. If you think a guy might be a keeper and can't find him, use your web browsers find feature and search him out.

If you select a guy that is a keeper, you have till the end of your allotted draft time to make a legal draft pick. Which until we need to shorten rounds is 18 hours from the time the manager prior to you made their draft pick selection.

If a correct pick has not been made within 18 hours, the next manager in the draft order is officially on the draft clock to make their draft selection.

If you're looking for player lists since the yahoo player pool won't be up for 2 weeks, the Fantasy Baseball magazines and registers are already starting to flood the news stands.

If you're not going to be online, pm someone your picks.

After you make your draft pick, pm the next manager that it is there turn to pick to expedite the process.

Can I suggest that we hold off on drafting any player that does not have 2008 stats until the start of the next odd numbered round following the player pool going up? It seems kind of shitty for the people at the top of the draft that they could miss out on somebody (let's be honest here, the Wieters sweepstakes) just because Yahoo happens to put their player pool up when somebody in the middle or the end of a round is up.

I don't see it being an issue either. If a guy didn't log any 2008 MLB stats, he isn't going to be in the player pool, unless he's a big time prospect like Evan Longoria and Jay Bruce were last year. Wieters is more than likely going to be in the player pool right away since yahoo has been pimping him like crazy on their main fantasy page. We can't be sure though until the player pool is up. So until that player pool is posted no draft guys without 08 MLB stats.

Best case scenario, we're in the 3rd round when the player pool is up. I have my doubts on that happening though. You do have 18 hours per draft pick so like an NFL or NBA game feel free to run some time off the clock to see if a pool gets posted.

I still think its a bad draft idea to draft a guy that isn't legit proven before round 3 at the earliest. Even then he has to be a guaranteed sure thing for me to pull the trigger on him. I'm not really one for gambling in the early rounds when I'm trying to get guaranteed production.

Wow this is pretty absurd. I did say he had any time on the day to make a pick, but christ, I didn't expect it to take this long... I sent him a pm last night also.

Once it hits midnight EST, Matt Young is on the clock and has 18 hours to make a pick.

Does anyone else find it absurdly early to be starting the draft? I know this thing takes a long time, but I'd rather cut time short in late rounds than start too early and stretch it. I can't even find a reliable list of players to start my fantasy work. Luckily, I don't have a pick until the fourth round.

Does anyone else find it absurdly early to be starting the draft? I know this thing takes a long time, but I'd rather cut time short in late rounds than start too early and stretch it. I can't even find a reliable list of players to start my fantasy work. Luckily, I don't have a pick until the fourth round.

We do cut the time short in the late rounds and we still barely get the draft completed...

No matter if we start now or in 3 weeks, the guys getting drafted in the first three rounds are not going to change. Super star players are super star players regardless of a couple of weeks. Yahoo will have leagues opened up in approximately 12 days or so.

2 more hours and Matt Young is on the clock.

EDIT: Matt Young is now on the clock. I sent him a pm.

JHawk's pick is pending. If he's not picked by the end of the 1st round, for god knows what reason, then we're going to the two alternate managers. First up, tonyjaymzretro will be given 24 hours to make a pick. If he doesn't pick we'll move on to migoli. Someone is going to make a damn pick.

Edited by Krankor