TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009

I don't know if it's sad or great that this thread has been the funniest thing on TSM in months.

I look forward to pictures in the NBA and MLB fantasy drafts.

Yeah sorry, we have to pause right here to get the replacement manager so they don't get screwed over.

We're running ahead right now and are drafting at an awesome pace so far, so I don't see this setting us back to far.

Can we just beat this thing to death so I can get all the laughs out? I'm dying here.

I've been busy, but this is too complicated for me to figure out who's left and ranked where to make a successful pick. It's constant checking and re-checking of past picks and keepers. There has to be a simpler way.

bwuhtg0.jpg

I've been busy, but this is too complicated for me to figure out who's left and ranked where to make a successful pick. It's constant checking and re-checking of past picks and keepers. There has to be a simpler way.

samljaon1.gif

Alright that works!

You have to make a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick right now.

Then JHawk has 2 picks, and then you'll have your 5th round pick.

Drafted players and keepers are found in post 1, using the browser find feature is pretty hand to see who is left.

Yep, post 2 has all the keepers alphabetical by first name. The keepers are also dispersed throughout post 1 according to the round that they are being associated with. Post 3 has each mangers keeper list, along with the league rules.

Take your time, no rush. It'll take you a little while to sift through and determine who is available and who isn't.

Welcome to the league!

Once Al makes his selections, the draft will resume as normal with JHawk on the clock with his 4th/5th round pick.

What are the positional requirements, like how many pitchers, position players, bench spots, etc.? I didn't see it on the front page.

Team:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util

SP, SP, SP, RP RP, P, P

Bn, Bn, Bn, Bn, DL, DL

Scoring:

HR, R, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG

W, K, SV, HLD, WHIP, ERA

C

1B

2B

3B

SS

OF

OF

OF

Util

SP

SP

SP

RP

RP

P

P

BN

BN

BN

BN

Leagues are up. I'll have the league created in a few minutes.

Yahoo! Has Fantasy Baseball posted.

I renewed last years league so everyone except the two retiring managers got an email.

ID# 27583

Password: tsm

We also have a minimum innings pitched per week requirement of 28 also.

As an aside: Adding your players to the My Watch List section is a great way to keep track of your team and "confirm" who you've picked (in case Krankor screws up).

MJ: I'm more annoyed with the weekly roster changes vs. daily but that's 'cause I wanted to try some tactics that are a little harder to do weekly wise (and that a "weekly" format could be done on the daily too just by setting up a team on Monday and leaving it for the week but eh).

Entering a league of this nature leads to some tough choices. There are some decent veterans on the board. Do I draft them or do I look at younger players who might make this team productive in the future. After all, this thing reeks of a rebuilding project. I will do my best.

Round Two, I select Bobby Abreu. Here's a guy who provides 20/20 production. The one thing good about this position is that I can take the veterans early and the younger players with the 3rd/4th picks, giving me a better position when it comes to the keepers.

Round Three I select Matt Cain, one of the best pitchers in baseball. If only the Giants gave him any run support.

Round Four I select Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

abreuwalls.jpg

Was really hoping Abreu would slip under the radar and fall to me in round 6, with his high OBP and consistent well rounded production he's perfect for this league, doesn't really matter where he ends up playing

Is Matt Young dead?

Worthless. I take it getting a magazine and circling the guys that have been selected/kept is too challenging. A whole 20 minutes of work.

Matt Young is out.

We are ahead of schedule big time right now so I'm going to pause the drafting until we get a new manager.

Can a mod real quick toss up the 1 spot available in the thread subtitle.

The new manager will get to inherit Matt Young's single correct pick of Alex Rodriguez, and they will need to select a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick and then be ready for the 5th round pick which will occur after JHawk's picks.

Wow... Way to treat the players like crap. Not all of us can afford to spend $10 on a magazine of all things, and yet because your draft setp is an unorganized mess, the blame is placed on the first time player who is confused. Wow... just wow.

google for a cheat sheet, there's hundreds of them out there and most are free, pick names of players you want, use the search function against the corresponding lists on page 1 of this thread to see if they've been picked already. Open up a file in wordpad to create a queue of undrafted players for yourself.

It's not rocket science.

Wow... Way to treat the players like crap. Not all of us can afford to spend $10 on a magazine of all things, and yet because your draft setp is an unorganized mess, the blame is placed on the first time player who is confused. Wow... just wow.

50.gif