TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009

Is Matt Young dead?

I've been busy, but this is too complicated for me to figure out who's left and ranked where to make a successful pick. It's constant checking and re-checking of past picks and keepers. There has to be a simpler way.

Worthless. I take it getting a magazine and circling the guys that have been selected/kept is too challenging. A whole 20 minutes of work.

Matt Young is out.

We are ahead of schedule big time right now so I'm going to pause the drafting until we get a new manager.

Can a mod real quick toss up the 1 spot available in the thread subtitle.

The new manager will get to inherit Matt Young's single correct pick of Alex Rodriguez, and they will need to select a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick and then be ready for the 5th round pick which will occur after JHawk's picks.

Wow... Way to treat the players like crap. Not all of us can afford to spend $10 on a magazine of all things, and yet because your draft setp is an unorganized mess, the blame is placed on the first time player who is confused. Wow... just wow.

Man, I hate to overdo this thing, but here it comes:

bwuhtg0.jpg

Now, now, let's not be so harsh. Not all of us can afford the $10 magazine purchase necessary to participate in the league. The economy's tough, you know.

Guest Smues

Yeah and not everyone can come up with that $0 to get a list of players online. Do I blame George Bush for this?

Oh, and I love that last Picard picture.

On a side note to Matt Young, sorting through the keepers might be a pain in the ass, but it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Anyway, my fourth and fifth round picks:

brian-wilson2.jpg

RP Brian Wilson

bengie-molina-giants_nc.jpg

C Bengie Molina

While trying to be nice (since a beating has occurred the last 2 pages), Krankor has provided within the first three posts of the thread:

- ordered selections

- team by team keepers

- alphabetical list of keepers

and on page 2 provided a link to a free list:

Looks like CBS Sportsline has some stuff up. Not sure how great it is.

CBS Rankings

Probably better than nothing.

I mean outside of actually suggesting a selection to you, I have a hard time seeing anything possibly being more organized.

Wow... Way to treat the players like crap. Not all of us can afford to spend $10 on a magazine of all things, and yet because your draft setp is an unorganized mess, the blame is placed on the first time player who is confused. Wow... just wow.

It's not overly complicated. Do a bit of research, find a guy you want, check to see if he's available, and then draft. That's it. Simple stuff. It takes 20 minutes to mark who is available and who isn't on rankings page.

There are plenty of free sources online that are tolerable to use. Things can be found via search engines. If your finances are so tight that 6.99 for a magazine is utterly going to ruin you, you really need to cancel your internet service as well to save money.

The league is almost over organized, if anything. Outside of telling you who to pick, I don't know what else I could do for you. The only thing that didn't get put into the first three posts this year were positions and our stat categories. I'll go add them to the league rules now.

The blame was not placed initially on you. It was just general disgust/detest by the entire league for you selecting 2 guys that weren't available, then instantly leaving the board and not checking back for days to make sure they were legal. You were overly late for your second round pick. Showed up after your third rounder was already pending as well due to the time limit, and then picked 2 guys already drafted. Then vanished for 4 days.

Had Johan Santana not been one of those players it might not have seemed so absurd. No way is Santana, if he was available, lasting that far, let alone past the top 5 picks.

If you were so confused from the get go, you should have stated earlier that you were confused about what to do, not 10 days and 4 rounds into the drafting process that you couldn't handle it.

Way to treat the other 19 players in the league like crap.

Man, I hate to overdo this thing, but here it comes:

bwuhtg0.jpg

Steelertard is, without question, the official 2009 TSM Fantasy Baseball Mascot.

Guest Vitamin X

zimmerman52edition.jpg

Ryan Zimmerman, 3B looks old school here.

Hopefully he can show the potential he had at the beginning of last year, when I traded two guys to Cheech who ended up being keepers for him to get a stud at 3B. Since I missed the run on catchers last round, I figured I'll go for a guy who could potentially be a big-time hitter for me, even if it feels a little high.. Although of course, I won't have another pick for 25 picks, so I didn't want to miss out on him.

Guest Vitamin X

Also, a quick note for anyone on here who likes to rank their players using Yahoo: Do NOT do it in Google Chrome. I was going through the entire list in the first page (btw Krankor, thanks for alphabetizing the list by first name, that was a pain!) and the entire thing of "excluded" players wiped out for me for pretty much no reason when I hit save and then ranked again by name. Lots of time and effort spent for nada. So, I'm sticking to Firefox when I get the willpower to do it again.

We're full at 20 people right now. If someone flakes out I'll let you know.

Josh Johnson, SP

joshjohnsonpg6.jpg

I don't have a draft pick in the next two rounds.

Carlos Delgado

Carlos%20Delgado%20smokin-thumb.jpg

In truth, I really did not want to pick him.

My Yahoo's not letting me sign up, but I'll try it again.

Just so you know I'm not trying to avoid registering or anything.