TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009

Edit! Wainwright was a keeper, I gave BZ about 15 minutes to fix it..screw it..Im going ahead and picking while Im on.

NuclearTBD selects

39385185.jpg

Jayson Werth, OF

Since I KNOW HE's available cause I had him last year! HA

I saw him play back in 1997 for the Os A Affiliate when he was a catcher. Ironically they traded him to the Blue Jays in 2000.

G-A-L-L-A-R-D-O = phrase not found, it wasn't spelled right on the first page. Gollardo? Isnt that a CC Sabathia insult?

I nearly did the same thing.

G-A-L-L-A-R-D-O = phrase not found, it wasn't spelled right on the first page. Gollardo? Isnt that a CC Sabathia insult?

It's because Matt Young thinks I'm unorganized.

Weird, the correct spelling didn't come up when you searched. It was spelled wrong in post 1 and post 3, but post 2 had the correct spelling. Oh well, if thats the only name I misspelled, I'll be pleased.

Erick Aybar is still available guys!

Weird, the correct spelling didn't come up when you searched. It was spelled wrong in post 1 and post 3, but post 2 had the correct spelling. Oh well, if thats the only name I misspelled, I'll be pleased.

Well, not that it matters but James Shields didn't come up when I first searched because he's listed as James Shield.

Erick Aybar is still available guys!

And plenty of Molinas!

NuclearTBD Selects

A_1_1arays_195359_0306.jpg

Jorge Cantu, 1B/3B (though obviously I want him for 3B)

When am I going to go for a pitcher? My philosophy this year seems to be mash the hell out of the ball on offense and survive somehow when it comes to pitching.

Guest Vitamin X

That's because I corrected your misspelling in the second post, but neglected the other two for some reason this morning.

When am I going to go for a pitcher? My philosophy this year seems to be mash the hell out of the ball on offense and survive somehow when it comes to pitching.

I kinda feel like it's the opposite for me. I had Ethier and Cantu on my shortlist, so the draft is pretty much just kind of dictating how my team is going to be made up, filling up key spots as best I can. Last year I was badly burned pretty often by terrible pitching (Only Jon Lester and a couple late season pick-ups were anywhere near consistent for me) and inadequate hit production from most of my team. Seems like I'll have more of a pitching team again this year, but at least I've got a dominant staff if I can get the guys I'm targeting and if Carpenter is anything like his old Cy Young form again.

Could've reeeeally gone for Ethier, though. Damn it.

That would explain things.

I had a pretty great hitting team last year before I blew it up with trades to rebuild, again.

My pitching was utterly terrible though. It was my team's ultimate downfall. I definitely made sure so far this year I have some semblance of a pitching staff.

I suppose I also have the option of trading Tex or Gonzalez for pitching since they both play 1B and I could slide someone else into the Utility Spot but its nice having the option of using 2 guys who had better than 102/33/119 lines at the utility spot.

I kept three starters. None of them spectacular although one of them could be, and one of them could've been a fluke and wind up getting dropped halfway through the year.

Ha. I almost took him last round. I figure I need to get some insurance in the outfield in case Snider doesn't start the season in the Majors.