TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009

if you saw his numbers from the second half of last season, you can be assured that his OBP numbers are awful.

Ummm, what numbers from the second half? He went down on July 2nd and then was out for the rest of the year with the exception of two games in september. In 299 at bats last year he had a .391 OBP. His career number is .428. The ONLY thing I'm sure of when it comes to Helton is when he's playing he gets on base.

As far as PEDs go, there's no "proof" on Sosa either. There's no "proof" on a lot of guys. So what? The anecdotal evidence is all there in black and white, and I don't get why Helton is above suspicion. He's obviously a very talented hitter with a great eye with or without enhancement, but look at his numbers in say 2000/2001 and look at his numbers before and after. Remember when one of the guys who did Rockies radio got quoted in reference to a conversation he had had with Don Baylor about Helton 'cycling' and when it hit ESPN everyone rushed to cover up and deny it and Baylor claimed he told Helton to stop cycling creatine, not steroids? Yeah. So maybe in the late 90's/early 2000's he was doing andro and all those then legal but since banned substances and not HGH and designer steroids like other guys, but it's obvious he was on something, just like hundreds and hundreds of other ballplayers were

Guest Vitamin X

Gomez is an excellent pick. Would've been mine if I wasn't afraid Clement might get taken before I got another pick. He's got good keeper potential.

The anecdotal evidence is all there in black and white, and I don't get why Helton is above suspicion. He's obviously a very talented hitter with a great eye with or without enhancement, but look at his numbers in say 2000/2001 and look at his numbers before and after.

I think this is silly.

1. The park factor for Coors Field fell after 2001. Helton maintained his production for five years (2000-2004), not two.

2. Dozens upon dozens of players had two great seasons, it doesn't mean they took steroids. Roger Maris?

3. If you look at Helton's OPS+ column, he absolutely follows a normal aging curve to a tee. Peak from ages 26-30, decline afterwards. The most prevalent steroid users of our generation lasted into their early 40s. When it comes to performance, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

4. In Helton's best season, his OPS+ edges into the top 50 by a first baseman in the last half century. That's hardly a historic marker.

Helton put up tremendous numbers because he was a very good ballplayer enjoying one of the most favorable offensive climates ever produced. That should not automatically arouse steroid suspicion.

I took Smoltz because after that June date, he could be the best of my starters. Penny is just a fat waste of talent.

Dallas McPherson, 3B

I'm still intrigued by this man's power. Cantu will play 1st this year with Mike Jacobs leaving. That leaves a nice hole for him at 3rd base. If he can't make the starting roster this season after belting 42 HR's in AAA, he never will.

mlbamcpherson200.jpg

It pains me to do this, as my loyalties can no longer lie with him but,

3b, Joe Crede, Minnesota Twins (ugh...sigh)

phf-aaew037.jpg

That would of course be his GF.

Here’s what Clay’s dad, Skip, had to say on WZLX when he spilled the beans:

“It doesn’t surprise me any. Last year up in Boston he was dating a Victoria’s Secret model, so he’s moving up the ladder . . . . I mean, he’s got pretty good taste.”

really?

I need to bolster my pitching staff...and the pickings are getting slim.

t1_reyes.jpg

SP/RP Anthony Reyes

c8630964d7f895b8.jpg

SP Ian Snell

Aren't the White Sox the ones that decided not to renew his contract?

You can't hate a guy for wanting to be employed and get on a team where there is a major hole at his position.

Good luck with Buchholz. I was about to grab him with my next pick. I had him the past 2 seasons and he was an utter disaster last year. He looked a lot better in the fall leagues though.

Aren't the White Sox the ones that decided not to renew his contract?

You can't hate a guy for wanting to be employed and get on a team where there is a major hole at his position.

Good luck with Buchholz. I was about to grab him with my next pick. I had him the past 2 seasons and he was an utter disaster last year. He looked a lot better in the fall leagues though.

oh yeah, absolutely, but...its the twins that are the problem here...not Joe Crede.. at least I hope not. i cant root for the twins...its just sad.