TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Overseas Folder

What should happen with the Wrestling Folders?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen with the folders?

• Merge Overseas/Independent with TNA
    • Merge Overseas/Independent with General Wrestling
    • Delete Overseas/Independent, merge TNA with General Wrestling
    • Get rid of any non-WWE discussion and make it just WWE, MMA, and Other
    • Replace the entire wrestling section with a picture of La Parka

Guest Czech please!

"Smarks Junior Leagues" hasn't been active in almost five years. Can I get rid of that?

I think there's some merit to a slimmer and leaner TSM.

I've always been someone who enjoys everything TSM has to offer.

Well except for video games, because I don't play them.

And comics, since I don't read them.

And food, well I eat food, but I don't go into that folder. What can I offer besides "I made cube steak for the fifth day in a row?"

"Smarks Junior Leagues" hasn't been active in almost five years. Can I get rid of that?

The hell is a Smarks Junior League?

Guest Czech please!

I dunno. What the hell's a food folder? Sounds like a really low-end sandwich press. "George Foreman's Food Folder. Fit more food in your meal than ever, by folding it."

The SJL was the OVW to the SWF's WWE until slow activity forced us to close it. It's nothing more than an archive now. You could throw everything SJL into the SWF folder, I guess, but I'm no spokesman.

The SJL was the OVW to the SWF's WWE until slow activity forced us to close it. It's nothing more than an archive now. You could throw everything SJL into the SWF folder, I guess, but I'm no spokesman.

......what?

I approve the way it worked out, though I started a separate poll for WWE 24/7. I voted "own folder" and I like the current set-up. Indys and Overseas probably should have been in General long ago but I had no power to make that call. I want TNA kept OUT of that merger for two reasons.

1. To appease the TNA crowd.

2. To not subject everyone else to TNA conversation. God they're an awful company. I can't even bring myself to put the care or effort into merging spoiler / show threads together, pinning things, generating discussion, etc. that I try with WWE. TNA is in it's own wolrd and so are their fans.

That's not to say the above isn't true of WWE fans either, but I like them.

What he said.

At this point it's basically like the classic threads folder, there for posterity (just not quite so classic). SJL could probably be merged with the Community folder, since one's archive and the other doesn't get too much traffic. I actually had to check what it was called, that's how often I use it.

Unless you just picked the deadest folder on a whim and weren't serious. Whatever.

As far as this controversy goes, Other to Gen Wrestling makes the most sense. As someone who actually pays attention to these Other promotions, I generally speaking talked about it on boards associated with those promotions. I'm sure I'm not the only one, because certain important threads'd have ten people commenting, then nothing for about a month.

For me, TNA should probably stay it's own folder for the time being. There's enough new threads week to week that it'd clutter another folder.

It should be merged with General Wrestling.

TNA should have its own folder, since it's become an established brand- they have a two hour weekly show, monthly PPVs, etc.

The only thing really to discuss would be the random Puro threads, and when someone starts a thread about an ROH show, and that would work fine in General.

+01

Whoah motherfucking whoah.

What tool is attempting to lump pro wrestling into the same folder as MMA?

Yeah, keep the authentic boring sport separate from the scripted boring sport

Little. Yellow. Different. was the best folder subtitle we had.

A little piece of TSM died right there.

My greatest contribution to TSM. I do miss it, but I think the streamlining will work out. In whatever way removing folders is supposed to work, anyway - I still don't know what the answer to that is.

There wasn't enough people to keep an overseas folder going. Most of the time when I'd post in a Puroresu thread there, I'd be talking to myself.

Or getting into an argument with someone who doesn't like Hiroshi Tanahashi. The goddamn heathen.