Amanda Peet
Woody Harrelson
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Thandie Newton
Danny Glover
Oliver Platt
Chin Han

Release Date: 10 July 2009

Another end of the world film, awesome. Just what we need to cheer us up during this global economic recession. This one is based around the crackpot theory that the universe is going to self implode during a solar aligment of the planets, that is actually due to happen in 2012. Strangely, the Mayan calender also ends in 2012.

Looks a bit shite to be honest.

Guest Smues

I saw this trailer a month ago or so at a theater. Ringing a bell didn't stop the giant tidal wave, next time try blowing a horn! Oh and the friend that I was at the theater with noted that it makes it look like the title of the movie is "Google Search: 2012." I'd actually go see if it that were it's name.

I thought it was a piss take trailer at first till I IMDB 2012. Its just a really shite trailer. At first I thought the guy caused the tidal wave, avalanche thing by ringing his big bell - the twat. Is this an early contender for worst film of the year?

Guest Smues
I thought it was a piss take trailer at first till I IMDB 2012. Its just a really shite trailer. At first I thought the guy caused the tidal wave, avalanche thing by ringing his big bell - the twat. Is this an early contender for worst film of the year?

danceflick-ps-1.jpg

71695_aa.jpg

dragonball1_large.jpg

It's gonna have to try pretty hard to contend for that title.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about the Dragonball pic that has very little to actually do with Dragonball Z haha

James Marsters ... Lord Piccolo

hahahahahahahahaha x10

game over. This wins.

Guest Smues

Apparantly it's Dragonball and not Dragonball Z, but it still looks like ass and that it has nothing to do with the actual dragonball universe outside of having a guy with spiky hair and some orbs that just happened to be named dragon balls.

haha at least I can see the appeal that might have to some people. I reckon this thread should be turned into the Pimp your Nomination for Potential Worst Movie of the Year Thread instead.

Guest Smues
I reckon this thread should be turned into the Pimp your Nomination for Potential Worst Movie of the Year Thread instead.

Done

Guest Smues

From the looks of the trailer Mall Cop could be a contender as well. It's currently sitting at 28% on RT. Not a good start to 2009.

28% is better than I expected for a movie of that nature.

None of these movies will be the worst of 09. I don't know what it is, but it will be a movie that has an opening PSA of under $300 and I will end up seeing it, b/c I'm sad like that.

From the looks of the trailer Mall Cop could be a contender as well. It's currently sitting at 28% on RT. Not a good start to 2009.

Tagline:

Safety never takes a holiday.

That's just pure gold right there. I guess this is all due to the writers strike?

Mall Cop wasn't a worst movie contender. I saw a free sneak preview. It was stupid and it knew it was stupid but there were still a few funny moments in it.

Thing is, its a movie where you know what you're letting yourself in for watching it. So, it won't be slated that much. Its like, if you watch an Ernest Movie... don't bitch about it, you knew the score before you sat down. Besides, he saved Halloween with Milk... MILK!

I'm still saying 2012 for how ambiguous the trailer is for it.

Hotel for Dogs.

Clearly Don Cheadle in this movie is a result of a lost bet between him and Clooney.

Hotel for Dogs looks cute, and I like dogs.

That's just pure gold right there. I guess this is all due to the writers strike?

No, the WGA strike was too short to really have an impact on the 09 release schedule.

I splashed my mother with milk upon coming home from that movie to ensure she wasn't a troll. True story.

:lol:

That's fucking awesome. I'm going to have to save that somewhere so I don't forget it come this year's vote whoring for Best Poster.

Guest Smues
Holy fuck, what was Chow Yun Fat smoking when he thought this would be a good movie to be in

The script?

Man, I'm disappointed in you, Chiwetel.

That's the one saving grace here. Since when has Ejiofor ever been in a really fucking terrible movie? The dude has a great eye for which projects to choose. Of course, nobody's perfect...

Dragonball still looks like easily the biggest bomb coming down the pipe, but it's not the only one. I'm sure Uwe Boll and those Date/Epic/Disaster Movie faggots are sure to have at least a couple movies being released in 09 as well.

Apparantly it's Dragonball and not Dragonball Z, but it still looks like ass and that it has nothing to do with the actual dragonball universe outside of having a guy with spiky hair and some orbs that just happened to be named dragon balls.

How come it has nothing to do with the Dragonball universe? Isn't it going to be the story of Goku and the gang that was told in the Dragonball cartoons? Of course, he does look nothing like kid Goku. I'd prefer a Dragonball Z movie to it as well. I think it's a movie I might end up liking just cause. Like Mortal Kombat.

Didn't they miss the "Dragonball Z Boom" by about 10 years? I guess better late than never, but still. It looks like a fun popcorn flick.

I'm a sucker for apocalypse movies, so I'll be watching 2012.

I'm giving my vote to Mall Cop, although I have a feeling it will get a decent box office from children, alone. My girlfriend's nephew and niece are begging her to take them to see it.