TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

What will be the worst movie of 2009?

So what do you have as worse than Knowing? I still haven't seen New in Town, and don't plan too, but after having some time to think about it I think I've got Knowing as worse than Street Fighter. Yeah Knowing has more comedic bad value than Street Fighter, but Knowing is just so intelligence insulting, and takes itself so seriously, that I have to give it the nod.

I need to update my rankings Underworld, Jo Bros, Pink Panther, New In Town, Street Fighter- all worse.

I thought the plane crash was pretty cool and Nic Cage movies may be bad, but they're hilarious

And wow I just watched the End Game trailer. Wow. That's not actually getting a theatrical release is it? It didn't even look like a real movie.

Can you count Jonas Brothers as a movie? Isn't it really just a concert?

And my bottom three at the moment is Underworld, Street Fighter, Knowing. 2012 and Dragonball are quite likely to displace some of those though.

My wife (but not me!) will be seeing New in Town this weekend. If (when) she comes back and says 'it was good' do I need to have the divorce papers waiting for her?

You can't grade Mortal Kombat that badly. It's essentially a super-powered remake of Enter the Dragon with the video game characters (And really, wasn't that what the video game was supposed to be, anyways?). I felt it was enjoyable, if pretty simple.

Exactly, and thats what made it work. Street Fighter could do the same thing if it followed that formula, and did not deviate too far from it.

Start with the original twelve characters, do six fights, and one of them makes it to Bison, who swerves them all and the eight good guys have to take him out. Its not hard at all.

And while Kristin Kreuk is cute and all, not getting Zhang Ziyi to do Chun-Li automatically makes the move less than.

And for whatever reason, people fucking LOVE disaster/apocalyptic movies. Don;t ask me why, I think they're all depressing as fuck, but people flock to see them.

We count it for our list purposes, and we're ranking it, so it counts. Watching them introduce our friend Tayor Swift is funny stuff though.

Okay, I'll bite....what happened?

Nothing happens, they just call her "our friend" Taylor Swift, because one of the Jonas' was dating her at the time. Apparently they had a really nasty breakup, so she is no longer their friend.

I was thinking of making Super Capers worst of 09 but-

1) I think the movie knows it sucks

2) This will be the second year in a row Christine Lakin would be in my worst film of the year, and I like Al Lambert!

I just want to bring this cinematic (?) gem to everyone's attention. Crossposting from the TNA folder: http://www.northshore-pictures.com/video/E...me_Trailer.html

This probably isn't going to be seen by enough people to be considered truly bad on a national level, but it's the trailer for Kurt Angle's new movie.

http://www.northshore-pictures.com/video/E...me_Trailer.html

Dodgy production values? Check.

Ridiculous plot? Check.

Bad acting? Check.

Kurt Angle dressed as a clown? Check.

This is going to make 12 rounds look like All About Eve.

Thanks, I'd forgotten that we discussed it 3 days ago. [/asshole]

But seriously yeah it's going to be god awful. For all the shit WWE Films gets at least they can make movies that look like actual movies where actual money was spent to make them. EndGame just looks retched. Although Kurt Angle the clown has incredibly comedic possibilities. I'm going to have to watch the movie for that alone. Everybody's raped by clowns, so why not you?

Pink Panther 2 at least had the funny scenes of him and Lily Tomlin.

Severed Ways had a guy taking a shit. On camera.

I hope for End Game they go all out and have Kurt Angle using wrestling moves on people and saying it's true, it's true!

I also think WWE Films should also have the characers use wrestling moves. I mean, no one takes these films seriously anyway.

I hope for End Game they go all out and have Kurt Angle using wrestling moves on people and saying it's true, it's true!

I also think WWE Films should also have the characers use wrestling moves. I mean, no one takes these films seriously anyway.

Yeah but I have not seen Severed Ways. Didn't Kane, Austin and Cena all use wrestling moves, I am sure they did.

I heard the soundtrack to "Severed Ways" was interesting. That's about the only good thing I've heard though. From what I saw in the trailer, it looks like a Black Metal fanboy trying to do a minimalist art flick.

Yeah but I have not seen Severed Ways. Didn't Kane, Austin and Cena all use wrestling moves, I am sure they did.

The Rundown had the Rock Rock Bottoming some guy.

I just watched the End Game trailer and it's probably the worst thing I've seen outside of stuff done in my college film classes. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."? Really? It seemed like everyone (in the trailer, at least) had no clue how to read any of those lines and the cinematography was laughably bad for a horror movie/thriller/whatever they were going for. It looks worse than a reenactment on Rescue 911 or Unsolved Mysteries.

The Rundown had the Rock Rock Bottoming some guy.

I just watched the End Game trailer and it's probably the worst thing I've seen outside of stuff done in my college film classes. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."? Really? It seemed like everyone (in the trailer, at least) had no clue how to read any of those lines and the cinematography was laughably bad for a horror movie/thriller/whatever they were going for. It looks worse than a reenactment on Rescue 911 or Unsolved Mysteries.

But Unsolved Mysteries had Robert Stack and had better production values - thus making it more awesome.

UPDATE!

I saw twelve rounds. Not great, but nowhere near streetfighter levels of bad. Although the main villain's plan was incredibly stupid, in retrospect.

Yeah I just got back from it and I actually thought it was bearable enough to keep me interested (the action scenes were over the top, hard to believe, but yet well done) but that main villian was one of the weakest bad guy roles I've seen in mainstream cinema in quite a long time. All I kept thinking the whole time was that the dude looked like Johnny Fairplay's twin brother and that just ruined it completely for me. Also, the two main feds were just ridiculous, and there was alot of really bad acting and, in general, poorly directed scenes of dialogue, but it still wasn't worst movie of the year bad or anything. Just over the top popcorn fare.

I loved that in the Rundown. Didn't he Rock Bottom a guy in Walking Tall?

Yes he did.

Neither were WWE films, though. Plus, if you see a movie because John Cena is in it, you should kill yourself.

Rundown starred Christopher Walken, the Rock, and the Rock punching Stifler in the face. Big difference.