TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reign

Marvel Animation

What was always a kid friendly collection of sub par cartoons that was always the distant number two to DC's animation films and series has kind of quietly released some good to very good movies. The Iron Man and Doctor Strange movies were "eh" but the Ultimate Avengers were pretty fun to watch. I've recently watched Avengers Tomorrow,which looks like a total kids movie but is quite good and today saw the Hulk Vs. which is a badass movie with lots of action and lots of characters.

The Wolverine movie with Deadpool and Weapon X was maybe the best suprise in any comic movie and pleasantly violent.

Any thoughts?

Both Ultimate Avengers movies felt about as deep as a Saturday morning cartoon, just more violent and a few bad words thrown in here or there. I'd say the 90's Batman cartoon trumped both of them. And Superman Doomsday was great stuff as well.

Haven't seen the Hulk vs one yet.. Didn't even realize it was out already.

I really liked Iron Man & Dr. Strange.. though the Ultimate Avenger ones were pretty mediocre.. one thing all of them have in common, however, is really sub-par animation techniques, which sucks because I expected more from Marvel in this day and age.

What is this Wolverine movie you're talking about?

Ultimate Avengers was ok, but they should have either bitten the bullet and done the ACTUAL Ultimates, or just gone withe the Classic Avengers instead. The blending of the two was ok, but it really dulled the edges on the characters. Iron Man I loved, but Dr. Strange and Next Avengers I haven't watched yet.

The Hulk Vs. he is referring to isn't out yet. There is a Hulk Vs Wolverine and a Hulk Vs Thor and I know at least the Blu-Ray has both on the same disc, I don't know if the standard DVD has them seperate like was originally said. There were teasers for both on the Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, so I don't know if they are floating around anywhere else.

I've enjoyed watching The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Its been very good and I suggest everyone check it out if possible. The Hulk vs Wolverine story sounds amazing.

The animation in both Hulk Vs. stories was very good...and the story for Next Avengers was probably the best original story Marvel animation has done

So did anyone pick up Hulk VS... ?

The Weapon X storyline in the Wolverine story looks better than anything in the Hulk vs Thor story.

Not to mention the Wolverine story features Deadpool.

I'd actually like to see Timm get his hands on the Marvel Universe and see what he can do with it, but alas, I'm sure he's under some DC/Warner Brothers contract. The last that I heard, he was working on the Wonder Woman Animated Movie project. But seriously, who gives a flying fuck about Wonder Woman?

I'd actually like to see Timm get his hands on the Marvel Universe and see what he can do with it, but alas, I'm sure he's under some DC/Warner Brothers contract. The last that I heard, he was working on the Wonder Woman Animated Movie project. But seriously, who gives a flying fuck about Wonder Woman?

More people than you would think.

And I think he said in a preview of that movie that was on the "Batman: Gotham Knight" DVD that he regretted not doing a Wonder Woman TV series ala the Batman and Superman series.

Two more things: 1)...I tend to play either Superman or Wonder Woman most in MK vs. DC and 2)...the animated Wonder Woman movie looke pretty damn good from what I saw of the trailer.

EDIT: Also there's the entire audiance that were kids and watched the old Wonder Woman TV show staring Linda Carter

I'm sure there is a fan-base but I just find characters like Huntress, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, and even Batgirl/Oracle more interesting than Wonder Woman. She just bores me.

I'm sure there is a fan-base but I just find characters like Huntress, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, and even Batgirl/Oracle more interesting than Wonder Woman. She just bores me.

OK, that's you're preference then.

I'm just saying that there would be people that do give a fuck.

I can understand though why you wouldn't.

Wolverine and the X-Men is actually pretty good too, especially the second half. The X-Men Evo guys have picked up pretty much where they left off. And fuck Nicktoons for delaying this show forever. The rest of the world has already aired all 26 episodes. It's like they were waiting for the Wolverine movie, which is silly because the X-Men name in the title will do more marketing than the show ever will.

But yeah, Spectacular Spider-Man rules.

I think Marvel is slightly ahead of DC right now in terms of getting my interest. I liked Wonder Woman a little, and Batman Brave and the Bold is cheesy fun, but the Marvel toons right now have my full attention.

And when is the new Iron Man show going to show up?

I think I've said it on another thread but yes, Spectacular Spider-Man is the absolute BEST Spidey cartoon EVER released IMO. I have seen them all and this knocks each one of them out of the water.

Haven't seen the Hulk movies yet but surely will soon. Ditto Next Avengers, from which I've heard nothing but praise. And personally, I thought both Superman/Doomsday and Batman: Gotham Knight sucked. The first one didn't live up to the movie name as it turned into another Luthor confrontation, and the second one just plain bored me with all the different animation and underwhelming stories.

Regarding the Ultimate Avengers movies, I thought they were merely passable. As to why they didn't just adapt the Ultimates comic storylines, I'm guessing they're saving that for the live action movie? At least that's what I heard.

Hulk vs. Thor kinda bored me, but I've never been a huge Thor fan so...

Hulk vs. Wolverine surprised me with how violent it was. I suppose it shouldn't given the characters involved, but I was thinking it'd be typical cartoon violence along the lines of Wolverine and the X-Men, I was expecting anime-lite violence.

Wolverine and the X-Men is actually pretty good too, especially the second half. The X-Men Evo guys have picked up pretty much where they left off. And fuck Nicktoons for delaying this show forever. The rest of the world has already aired all 26 episodes. It's like they were waiting for the Wolverine movie, which is silly because the X-Men name in the title will do more marketing than the show ever will.

Just do what I do. Download the first season from Bittorrent.

But yeah, Spectacular Spider-Man rules.

I think Marvel is slightly ahead of DC right now in terms of getting my interest. I liked Wonder Woman a little, and Batman Brave and the Bold is cheesy fun, but the Marvel toons right now have my full attention.

While I agree that Marvel is going great in the animation department - I am awaiting Green Lantern: First Flight and Batman/Superman: Public Enemies.

Has Marvel announced when Spectacular Spider-man will be coming to DVD?