TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Funkenstein PhD

Bob Holly Tribute

15 Years Ago a guy was given a contract and an option, at a time where gimmicks were handed left and right to many men. Many tried to make the most of it and many perished, but one guy hung around. One guy hung around long enough and was given a racecar and he drove with it. Unfortunately this isn't in the WWE section for a reason, but he represents the little guy. The unsung hero working hard day in and day out that nobody gives credit to. Bob Holly was not given much, but he earned a lot in his life, including my respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tftz2TO-6Fw

What songs will make you think of Bob Holly?

"I Can't Drive 55"?

they should of gave him the IC title during his Big Shot gimmick. Godfather got a run, why not him?

Wasn't Holly still involved in the Hardcore Championship scene during Godfather's run?

Plus, Godfather was busy with *sniff* Owen "Blue Blazer" Hart at the time.

The Jannetty-123 win was much more emotional for me I liked how Macho Man would get into the matches when he was a commentator.

See, I didn't start watching wrestling until the build up to King of the Ring 94, so I didn't get to see that match.

The Jannetty-123 win was much more emotional for me I liked how Macho Man would get into the matches when he was a commentator.

It was even more awesome when Savage ran into the ring and hugged them after they won.

Only for them to lose the belts back a week later.

I'll agree with what my mate said, Bob Holly does have a pretty good standing drop kick. Maven and Holly should have had a standing drop kick feud to see who could jump the highest and drop kick a Melon off Big Show's head or something.

haha aye, remember everyone have huge orgasims over that gash in Holly's back. They wanted him to have world title shots and everything for that.

Yeah, we're not calling for Kennedy to get a world title shot after the numerous times he's been injured are we?

haha aye, remember everyone have huge orgasims over that gash in Holly's back. They wanted him to have world title shots and everything for that.

Yeah, we're not calling for Kennedy to get a world title shot after the numerous times he's been injured are we?

I wouldn't really draw any comparisons there. Holly gets props for that not because he suffered a deep cut in a freak accident, but because he toughed it out for another ten minutes or so and worked his ass off with RVD to have a lengthy TV match that was in the ***3/4 - **** range.

Kenndy just gets injured alot.

Coming late to the thread but does anyone remember the 2 episode Action Zone feud Holly and Jeff Jarrett had over the IC title? In the first match, there was a false finish of when Jarrett pinned Holly and his foot was on the ropes and then Holly pinned Jarrett and seemingly won the IC title, but Tim White ran in and told the ref that Jarrett's foot was on the ropes. This caused Jack Tunney to say the title was vacant and then Jarrett won cleanly the next week. As a kid and getting into the WWF in 1995, I was really mad that Jarrett won the rematch. I also thought that Holly should have won the King of the Ring that year. I was very mad when I found out he lost to the Roadie on that show (although I was surprised Holly beat Mantaur in his qualifying match).

^ Man that's depressing that 13 years later Holly still would never win the IC title. Especially during that period in 99 where everybody was winning that shit. Almost as bad as Mabel/Viscera's only televised title win was the hardcore title at Mania where 10 other guys won it in the same match.

Coming late to the thread but does anyone remember the 2 episode Action Zone feud Holly and Jeff Jarrett had over the IC title? In the first match, there was a false finish of when Jarrett pinned Holly and his foot was on the ropes and then Holly pinned Jarrett and seemingly won the IC title, but Tim White ran in and told the ref that Jarrett's foot was on the ropes. This caused Jack Tunney to say the title was vacant and then Jarrett won cleanly the next week. As a kid and getting into the WWF in 1995, I was really mad that Jarrett won the rematch. I also thought that Holly should have won the King of the Ring that year. I was very mad when I found out he lost to the Roadie on that show (although I was surprised Holly beat Mantaur in his qualifying match).

I didn't want to see Holly win KOTR, but I did think he should have won the IC title then, as I at least liked him more than Jarrett, whose IC title reigns generally annoyed me.