TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Superbowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals

Am I the only one rooting for the Steelers?

I am sorta, if only because the thought of Bidwill with the Lombardi makes me ill

As a Saints fan, the thought of the Cards winning is just not fair.

Yay Steelers!

All the times the stop play to review nonsense plays in the final two minutes and they don't stop to review the most important play of the friggin Super Bowl.

With that bone head penalty, Arizona would have had the ball at the Pitt 30 for one last play.

That was not a fumble.

Of course it wasn't, but every close call goes to Pittsburgh in the SB. There's no way they should have gotten every call out of the 4 decisive ones in their last 2 SB appearances (Big Ben's "TD", the phantom OPI against the Seattle WR that negated a TD and NEVER gets called even when it's blatant, Santonio Holmes' toe tap and the "fumble" at the end that was MORE of a tuck rule example than the other one earlier in the game), and yet they did and have 2 Lombardis to show for it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It may or may not have been a fumble, but there was no damn way there was enough on the field to overturn it.

Well, I was hoping for a Cards win, even though I'm pretty indifferent to both teams. It sucks that they lost, but at least we got a great game out of it (with an INSANE 4th quarter), bad finish aside.

A review with zero announcement that takes like 10 seconds? On the deciding play of the Super Bowl? Wow, that's just crazy. I really don't know if it would have been overturned (that rule is iffy as hell) but still...damn.

Still though, that was the definition of amazing games. Two teams playing hard as they could and even though the Steelers James Harrison went into thug mode near the end, it was a outstanding.

Kurt Warner should retire. Throwing for 377 yards with three touchdowns in the Super Bowl? Two turnovers (questionable on the second one) but just an unbelievable performance.

At least a black coach finally won the Super Bowl.

Tony Dungy says hi.

"He's not real black"

- Yes, I've heard that argument from quite a few twits this week.

For me the most anti-climatic moment of the night was the reveal that "G" is fucking Gatorade. I was thinking cool clothing line or maybe a new cologne but nope...Gatorade.

This is the first Super Bowl where about 5 guys could have been giving the MVP. Harrison for his return, Holmes for his last drive, Big Ben for his final drive, Warner for just going all Disney movie with depressing ending and Fitz for making those two touchdown grabs at the end.

Classless.

Not one of them thanked Mike Gandy

Or the replay official. How can they not thank the true MVP behind their last 2 SB victories?

So Bob Costas called this one of the best Superbowls. A high turnover, lots of penalties, piss poor defense in the 4th Quater makes the game one of the best?

I agree. This game was okay for me. It had a few exciting moments, but the plethora of penalties and stuff just killed my interest. It wasn't until that huge swing that I actually got back into it.

Most exciting maybe, best not so much. I think people will only remember the two touchdowns at the end, and Harrison's pick-six from this game really.

Holmes did have both feet down for that td, even if it was only the tip of the 2nd foot.

I disagree, but what I want to know is why didn't Holmes get flagged for using the ball in is celebration?

He plays for Pittsburgh. It's the same reason Harrison wasn't ejected for that cheap shot on Francisco. I guarantee if the roles had been reversed they would have called those plays appropriately.

Cardinals probably had a lot of people hoping they'd get up down here in Oz, I know us in the office did.

Classless.

Not one of them thanked Mike Gandy

Or the replay official. How can they not thank the true MVP behind their last 2 SB victories?

Both of Santonio's feet were clearly down when they zoomed in, and Warner had lost control of the ball before his arm went forward. The replay guy also sure helped the Steelers out by overturning that Roethlisberger rushing TD in the first, and the Warner non-fumble in the third. The only bad call Zona got was the roughing the passer, but they got away with a ton of holdings on Harrison and Woodley that weren't called either.