TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AntiLeaf33

Tough Talk with TSM: David Flair

dandy.jpg

I dunno...I kinda doubt El Dandy ever knocked anyone out with a punch...

WCW announcers always did tout El Dandy’s punch as being one of the best in the sport. He never used it as a finisher (I believe he used a La Majistral style roll-up he called the Dandy Roll or something) but the announcers would always note when he hit his big punch. My favorite El Dandy moment was when Flair and Anderson were bribing him to lose to David Flair back in 99. Flair’s bribe was hilarious, saying something like, “steak every night, stay on this side of the border, permanently.” Then during the match, El Dandy got pissed at David for something and knocked the piss out of him which prompted AA to spinebuster him so that David could get a cheap win via the figure four.

Hah, I'd kill to see that. AA splattering El Dandy all over the mat with a Spinebuster, and David getting a cheap win. Fun times!

Because I don't know how to embed youtube videos

dandy.jpg

I dunno...I kinda doubt El Dandy ever knocked anyone out with a punch...

WCW announcers always did tout El Dandy’s punch as being one of the best in the sport. He never used it as a finisher (I believe he used a La Majistral style roll-up he called the Dandy Roll or something) but the announcers would always note when he hit his big punch. My favorite El Dandy moment was when Flair and Anderson were bribing him to lose to David Flair back in 99. Flair’s bribe was hilarious, saying something like, “steak every night, stay on this side of the border, permanently.” Then during the match, El Dandy got pissed at David for something and knocked the piss out of him which prompted AA to spinebuster him so that David could get a cheap win via the figure four.

Hah, I'd kill to see that. AA splattering El Dandy all over the mat with a Spinebuster, and David getting a cheap win. Fun times!

Because I don't know how to embed youtube videos

Because El Dandy's picture had to be quoted again.

That's one of his better matches I've seen.

Was David Flair intentionally bad?

No way WCW could have let a wrestler that untrained into a live match.

From what I’ve read, he actually wanted to stay off camera and learn in the Power Plant but WCW wanted him out there to use in angles. I’m sure didn’t object to strenuously as I can imagine he probably got paid a lot more to be on camera than being in a gym getting yelled at by The Sarge.

You overestimate WCW.

WCW wasn't exactly renowned for their quality control.

WCW wasn't exactly renowned for their quality control.

What are you talking about? Classic promo right here...

From what I’ve read, he actually wanted to stay off camera and learn in the Power Plant but WCW wanted him out there to use in angles. I’m sure didn’t object to strenuously as I can imagine he probably got paid a lot more to be on camera than being in a gym getting yelled at by The Sarge.

But how much more training do you need to hit the ropes or take a drop toe hold? Any one of us here could have went out there and worked a better match than that.

Chalk me up as another fan of The Crowbar/David Flair/Daffney trio. Everything before and after that just sucked. Despite his suckitude, I felt bad for the guy. He was years and years away from being ready for a push in a major promotion and yet there he was immedietely thrust into the upper mid-card scene. Granted, the pushes were kind of a joke but he wasn't even good enough for that